Clear All

DM-1on1-Katami [final] [05/01/09]

Name : DM-1on1-Katami
    Version : Final
    Compatibility : PC and Patch 2.0 installed
    Gametype : Duel
    Num players : 2

Description :
    An atmospheric duel inside the hall of the Katami's building...

Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/6489/dm1on1katami.jpg[/screenshot]

Note :
    Visual is HOLP style (BSP based).
    This map was developped exclusively for duel.

There is 2 powerups inside (Udamage & Invis) but you can prefert play without by using the stock mutator "no super pickups"

Credits :
    For their Beta tests and constructives feedbacks:
    Bl!tz and all the {BFG}Clan, thx a lot mates

Download :

DOWNLOAD PC unrealplayground.com

DOWNLOAD PC ut3.game-maps.net

DOWNLOAD PC ut3.ut-files.com

Very nice map, all round good job mate

Comment

excellent job ...pure 1 v 1 level on kick *** visuals
      thx for your work mate

Comment

Thx bro's !

Comment

Nice job. Good 1on1 map
          Thanks for this map ^^

Comment

Definately my fav dual map!
            Very nice job on this one Nova!

Comment

Thx for your support guys

Comment

A **** nice one my Seb,

This is well made. The layout is awesome, atmosphere is superb. at first items placement is somehow odd for certain item but it fit well while playing. As always, sounds is yippi-ya, youppi-yƩ **** nice Lighting is also very well made. I don't know where you find your office chairs but it's really well made.

Only thing that could as been more polished imo is your BSP shadows since the stairs effects on BSP is very obvious & almost all your level is base on it. Also, the BSP definition could as been raised & the water emitter or particle near the helmet could use more polishing.

But anyway, in all, it's a very solid Absolutely great work

Comment

As soon as I have finished installing Windows Vista AGAIN (crashed irrecoverably for the 5th time in 2 years), and have installed UT3 again, I'll be sure to download this.

The reason?

Quite simply, you are becoming one of my favourite map authors Towers, Paradox, Woodrun, Teen Room. You cant bring them out fast enough for me

Comment

Nice job again. I like the way you pull it out, the level could use a little more contrast/brightness but it's no biggies. I really dig that central window. Kinda makes me only think about that project I'm working on.

I'll download this.

Comment

yes thats a great 1on1 Map for ut3 but i think 2 points are not so good

First:
                      the Map is a little bit to dark for players who play with *vivid* videosettings

Second:
                      i hate this invisible item *hrhr* ^^

---------------------------------------

Mirror + HD-Videostream
                      http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...n1-Katami.html

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                        Only thing that could as been more polished imo is your BSP shadows since the stairs effects on BSP is very obvious & almost all your level is base on it. Also, the BSP definition could as been raised & the water emitter or particle near the helmet could use more polishing.
                        Of course it's true , thx for your suggestions bro

Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
                        The reason?
                        Quite simply, you are becoming one of my favourite map authors Towers, Paradox, Woodrun, Teen Room. You cant bring them out fast enough for me
                        I'm glade
                        And your beta test help me too you know, thx to you !

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
                        I like the way you pull it out, the level could use a little more contrast/brightness but it's no biggies.
                        True. I have make the choice to give a certain atmosphere on it with this lighting, but it would be better for the gameplay to increase a bit the brightness and the contrast. I work on 2 differents versions of this one, so I will rework it probably..

Originally posted by Kantham View Post
                        I really dig that central window. Kinda makes me only think about that project I'm working on.
                        Oh yes? Have you some pics of your map ? I'm really curious to see yours

Thx for your comments Kantham

Originally posted by Terror_Force View Post
                        Second:
                        i hate this invisible item *hrhr* ^^
                        lol
                        But you can use the "remove powerup" mutator to play on it (to be honest I have put this powerup on it just for the little seq of it, but I know it's can make the duel very unfair for one of the player. I have keep it on it because this mutator exist, so you can remove it easily if you prefert

Thx all for your nice words

Comment

Nice map, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by [FnG]Bawsy View Post
                            As soon as I have finished installing Windows Vista AGAIN (crashed irrecoverably for the 5th time in 2 years)
                            Methinks you are doing something wrong.

I've been running Vista for over a year and a half on two machines, neither has had these problems you speak of.

"Irrecoverable" is also a very relative term; some people would call a BSOD on boot irrecoverable, when it often takes less work to repair the issue than to reinstall. Just last week I saw an XP machine doing this, and it only took 30 minutes to diagnose and update the problem file (an out of date Toshiba network driver.)

I have yet to get a BSOD on Vista, especially one I would consider irrecoverable.

Comment

Very cool map. Love the atmosphere. Definitely a keeper for me. The invis room was definitely a WTF moment the first time but its fun to have things changed from the standard stuff. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X