No announcement yet.

DM-1on1-Katami [final] [05/01/09]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another keeper by Sebastien. I really like the clean, modern look of the map. It reminds me of a a map from R6: Ravenshield.

Although I can't call myself a "1 on 1" player, I don't think that map works for this (though it's very fun to play with numerous other players). I say this because there is way too much ammo and items placed together. In addition, I would tend to think that 1 vs 1 is more about fighting skills rather than having a power up or too much defensive strength. I think the best fighting is done when you don't have everything at your disposal.

Maybe this is a topic best left for "Let's Talk about DM Game play"? Anyways, it's a fun map that looks nice and has some cool Kismet effects. It's a keeper.

p.s. You should have let me beta test it for you.

Comment

work like a charm in 1v1 online....same with bots...i dont understand what odedge try to say.....or...perhaps the best fights are in a circular arena with no powerups and no ammo?

more than anywhere else here u can choose to use powerups like invis or UDamage...or not...it s very easy to do because they are in separate rooms....u just need to find opponents that agree on same rules....not really a challenge....and if u play with nice persons the more skilled will say: "use powerups mate ;to balance the fight!"

with powerups or not on such a map if u re not skilled u ll be asskicked....i can tell bout that; i was grabing all powerups and my clan mate nope...he s just more skilled ....ma *** hurt since one week

this is a pure 1 v 1 level....imho

Comment

@ Kheftiu & M^vL : Thx guys

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
        Although I can't call myself a "1 on 1" player, I don't think that map works for this (though it's very fun to play with numerous other players). I say this because there is way too much ammo and items placed together. In addition, I would tend to think that 1 vs 1 is more about fighting skills rather than having a power up or too much defensive strength. I think the best fighting is done when you don't have everything at your disposal.
        First, I agree with you on the point that the map can be played against few other players (that's why my items choice and placement are those, more oriented duel but little dm is possible too)

As for the powerups, I say again, you can play without by using the stock mutator "no super pickups"

I'm not a expert on duel map, but I have play on it a bunch of time, and tweaked the placement all allong my test until I'm satisfacted by it.
        And the map as been tested with confirmed online players, so I'm been refered to their experience too.

But as you said, it's probably a good topic for "Let's Talk about DM Game play"

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
          work like a charm in 1v1 online....same with bots...i dont understand what odedge try to say.....or...perhaps the best fights are in a circular arena with no powerups and no ammo?
          hehehe, I like the layout very much and most of the weapon placement. But it seem like there are one too many power ups and way too much ammo in the map.

Sure, you can always agree with some one to play a map a certain way, but I would presume that if the map allows it, then a player can do use it.

[/quote]with powerups or not on such a map if u re not skilled u ll be asskicked....i can tell bout that; i was grabing all powerups and my clan mate nope...he s just more skilled ....ma *** hurt since one week

this is a pure 1 v 1 level....imho [/QUOTE]

This is always the case. But if two players are of "equal" skill level, will the map cause an imbalance in game play?

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
          As for the powerups, I say again, you can play without by using the stock mutator "no super pickups"
          Good point.

But as you said, it's probably a good topic for "Let's Talk about DM Game play"
          Do you want to ask the question or should I?

Comment

Originally posted by Terror_Force View Post
            I just see your HD video, thx for that

Comment

Do you want to ask the question or should I?
              You're welcome, I think it will be intersting to know what is the interest (or not) of the powerups and the number of ammos per weapons on a specific 1on1 map

Comment

This is always the case. But if two players are of "equal" skill level, will the map cause an imbalance in game play?
                asolutly not ! this map give u several wayss to retire from opponent bullets with many possible directions...

and not sure that a "map" can balance or imbalance a match ; depend more from who play it ....on katami or on rankin if the best player grab all the armors and health items....it s an asskick guaranteed

gael from ut2k4 is a good example...quite no health and armors ammo there....and hard to grab the DD in the middle of the map in 1 v 1....but what an asskick place!!! less or more health cant change the way of the game....it make u survive longer...just an illusion

i think that a good 1 on 1 level cant balance a match ...it just have to protect ya from camping and spawnkilling....mission accomplished here

and the best player on 1 on 1 is often full health and and full armor;so more health or less he dont care.....but if u are loosing ur life under each of his bullets u may be happy to find some health around this balance the gameplay in a good way!

....imho^^

Comment

Thanks for this map. I really do like it!

Comment

I like the theme, but sadly I don't like the map.

This map is very very tight and restrictive to movement even in the main room or in that hallway with the trees it feels like I'm in a tiny little spot where if I dodge I will run into a wall half the way through the dodge. The damage amp feeds off of this making it very hard for the person without the damage amp to survive as you can't just dodge out of the way, but take the hits as you shoot back. Then there is the darkness which isn't that bad but if someone is invisible it makes it just unpleasant for the other party. Sorry for me its not a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Fliperaci View Post
                      Thanks for this map. I really do like it!
                      Thx to you dude

Originally posted by Larkin_BUF View Post
                      This map is very very tight and restrictive to movement even in the main room or in that hallway with the trees it feels like I'm in a tiny little spot where if I dodge I will run into a wall half the way through the dodge. The damage amp feeds off of this making it very hard for the person without the damage amp to survive as you can't just dodge out of the way, but take the hits as you shoot back. Then there is the darkness which isn't that bad but if someone is invisible it makes it just unpleasant for the other party. Sorry for me its not a keeper.
                      np guy, good or less good comments are always apreciate and constructive
                      I agree with the darkness trouble, I just discover I have a diference between what I see on my pc and how the map look on another, looks more dark on ohter computer than on mine, so I appologized for that, it's a mistake from me.
                      As for the "tight" feeling on it, I agree too, but it was intentional since it's the kind of map I like to play.

Comment

This is going on «ne» Public Server 2 open 81.19.221.203:7780

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus... View Post
                          This is going on «ne» Public Server 2 open 81.19.221.203:7780
                          I have missed your message, great new

Comment

yooo seb; i wanted to reinstall the map (final version) on the server but it seem that the dl link is dead

Comment

Originally posted by Bl!tz~ View Post
                              yooo seb; i wanted to reinstall the map (final version) on the server but it seem that the dl link is dead
                              Here's a mirror Bl!tz

http://www.unrealplayground.com/foru...o=file&id=7420

OP the screen shots look wicked cool, i'll post more after i've had the chance to install and test the map.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                                Here's a mirror Bl!tz

http://www.unrealplayground.com/foru...o=file&id=7420

OP the screen shots look wicked cool, i'll post more after i've had the chance to install and test the map.
                                thx for link mate...such a map have to be played ; it s pure asskick

Comment

Working...
                                X