• Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Infection Forest SEV3 [pc, download available]

VCTF Infection Forest SEV3
    final version
    patch 2.1
    Titan pack is required for this map.

description: Dense forest is your battlefield. My first original WAR map converted to VCTF/Greed. Many aspects of this map have been changed from the first version.

[shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/newinfection.jpg[/shot]
    *disregard the node in that shot
    [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/IF1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/IF3.jpg[/shot]
    changes from previous version (V2):
    * added speed boots to both sides of map, thanks ambershee
    * removed redeemer
    * more health pickups
    * less desaturation
    * removed link gun from weapon lockers. Link gun pickups are now in the middle of the map.
    * smoothed terrain in a few spots
    * removed slow field pickups

There is now a script that will need to be installed with this map (speed boots). If you do not have a "script" folder inside of published/cookedpc you will have to create one or copy the one from this maps .zip.
    DOWNLOAD (fixed)

the war version look great so this 1 will too
    thx for the vctf 1

Comment

hi there, your infection forest (1st edition) and genthlys shrift were responsible that i restarted playing ut3 some time ago. every time i play ut3 there is at least one round of both.

your i.f. se is a very nice variation of the old one. thanks a lot for making this kind of maps.

did you optimize it a lot? it is running smooth on my gpu even at full hd (except very intense close combat with a lot of bots) - smoother than "i.f.1".

Comment

thanks

I didnt do any extra light map optimizing. In the first version I used mostly speedtrees which I have heard can cause issues if too many are used. This new version there are only a handful of speedtrees.

I will be making a new WAR version also sometime soon...

Comment

Hey, this is pretty cool. Have you made any other VCTF maps?

Comment

This is probably the most amazing looking custom map I've ever seen in UT3. All the minor gripes I had with the original Infection Forest, such as the overly dark atmosphere and unrealistic looking water, have been improved in this release, and the end result is nothing short of spectacular. I haven't had a chance to test out the gameplay yet, but I'd assume that the varying terrain would give this map a unique feel. Great work, and I'm eagerly awaiting the WAR upgrade!

Comment

thanks for the compliments.... This is my first VCTF map. Its definitely easier to make VCTF maps compared to WAR. By that I'm not saying this map is a pro design or that the work others have put into VCTF maps is less than what WAR mappers do. Its kind of like having a WAR map with no nodes but only powercores.. You dont have to try to plan or envision the gameplay flow in between each node, the more nodes the more planning you have to do.

Making a VCTF map was a nice change of pace....

Comment

this map plays great but where are the power pick ups
                and i can hoverboad with normal speed over te water

Comment

Bumpage!
                  I was playing this today on dFb Mattman Sucks, and I have to say that firstly, this is the most breath-taking community-made map I have ever seen. Absolutley amazing. It's almost like Crysis.

The only major problem I have with it is that to the right of the flag barracks, there is that huge rock ajacent to the side of the mountain, which slopes down to the middle part of the map. If you go over that rock, you go into the side of the mountain, and you fall under the rock. You're completely hidden from sight, so if you have the flag and decide to hide there for the rest of the game, it's pretty unfair and game-breaking.

I know it's a lot to ask to make a V2 just to fix this, but if you do, I would also suggest adding some more powerups like Nero (coolcat) said! - No Jump Boots, no health vials/or keg, barely any armor, and no Udamage/Berserk. I suppose it's not that big of a deal, but when you've got a full server, it's really difficult to capture the flag if they've got a Slow Field up and you have no Jump Boots or any health/armor over 100/50 and every player is camping right on the flag.

I can also see that it's more of a Warfare map too, but still, the flow is still great and the graphics are ridiculously awesome!

Comment

Looking forward to playing this on the «ne» Greed night tonight

Comment

thanks for the feedback. I found a bug myself that noone else mentioned and will be making a V2...

there are medium health kegs in the map. I will add some more stuff

Comment

new version up with changelist in first post.

Comment

cool a new version downloading AND GOOD LUCK AT THE MSU

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                            Making a VCTF map was a nice change of pace....
                            Glad to hear it. I've played both the WAR and VCTF version and they both play very well. 2 thumbs up.

This is a definite must download for anyone looking for a good VCTF map.

This will definitely be on Hedsteem's VCTF server.

Comment

Wow. This map rocks. I'm not familiar with the WAR version. The only thing I could possibly say is make more of it! The gameplay is great.

The one fault I found is the hill leading up to the blue base from the west of that base gets a tad steep such that it becomes possible to get stuck on it as if it were a wall. Perhaps that could be smoothed out a tad.

Other than that, this wooded river valley is so graphically rich. Superb. Well laid out! 5/5 in my opinion!

Comment

Working...
                              X