Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

ONS 2.0 Gametype [pc, download 5/02/09]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx JD8 for supporting the ONS gametype. Hey GOW also has a matrix server so if you are interested in getting a scrimage going on your server then our server we are down.

Come over to www.ut3gow.com and register or just post your response here.

Comment

Ok got the «ne» server 1 back on with ONS2.0 installed and votable IP 81.19.221.203:7778

You GOW are very naughty for not giving us the heads up about release ( Sanch3z I have already told you off by pm , so you can come out off your room know - but the rest off you GOW lot get in your bedrooms till you have learnt your lesson)

Comment

Congratulations and thanks to all the ONS 2.0 team and DOW clan for releasing a such good alternative gametype to WAR!!!

Comment

Great work guys,

ONS 2.0 is a pretty good combination of Warfare and Onslaught. But it seems that the bots have some troubles at using the hellbenders' turret gun correctly. Has anyone noticed the same?

Comment

bots are always stupid.
            will u plz cook dis 4 ut3mod.com.
            it'll make ppl happy.

Comment

Originally posted by doominator10 View Post
              bots are always stupid.
              will u plz cook dis 4 ut3mod.com.
              it'll make ppl happy.
              My experience with PS3 cooking leads me to believe ONS2 will be very big (maybe over 10 MB) because of all the UTGameContent that will be cooked into the USERDATA.JAM. Also I don't remember if custom Gametypes are supported on PS3.

The source code is available if you or someone else wants to cook it:

http://code.ut3gow.com/index.cgi/dir?name=ONS2

Send me a PM here or on ut3gow.com if you want to contribute.

Comment

I'm lovin' this gametype, played it for several hours this weekend but I did notice that the camera control mutator doesn't seem to work with the scorpion.

Comment

Originally posted by JD8 View Post
                  I'm lovin' this gametype, played it for several hours this weekend but I did notice that the camera control mutator doesn't seem to work with the scorpion.
                  Strange. It works for me in instant action and on the GOW server.

Noot and I were playing on ARC last night and we noticed you had your matrix mod on top of ONS2... I suspect that may be the culprit because both ONS2 and your mod try to replace PlayerController and/or Pawn. But even that does not explain why Scorpion only is broken for you.

The only vehicle that camera control should not work on is the Noobshade which needs the mouse wheel for deployable selection... which reminds me... I forgot to give the StealthBender the same treatment.

Comment

It works fine on the PS3. Gametypes are supported. (although in this case camera zoom option and custom sounds don't work). It was a little large though 6.65mb for just the gametype. I sent you a PM will the download.

Comment

Originally posted by pacerx View Post
                      Strange. It works for me in instant action and on the GOW server.

Noot and I were playing on ARC last night and we noticed you had your matrix mod on top of ONS2... I suspect that may be the culprit because both ONS2 and your mod try to replace PlayerController and/or Pawn. But even that does not explain why Scorpion only is broken for you.

The only vehicle that camera control should not work on is the Noobshade which needs the mouse wheel for deployable selection... which reminds me... I forgot to give the StealthBender the same treatment.
                      Ah I'll take the matrix out and see what I get, thanks.

I don't have to have matrix on ONS2.0 but it was nice that it has a built in player tag removal option. I wonder if the regular notags mutator would do the same job without messing up the camera mutator because I think it also gets into the pawnclass.

Comment

We tried to install the ONS 2.0 gametype on our public server, it works with stock WAR maps but crash as soon as a custom WAR-ONS map is loaded...
                        I am a total noob at server administration, so do you have any advices to run the ONS 2.0 without troubles? (thinking of server ini tweak?)

PS: our server has just been patched to 2.1

Comment

Originally posted by Tenebre View Post
                          We tried to install the ONS 2.0 gametype on our public server, it works with stock WAR maps but crash as soon as a custom WAR-ONS map is loaded...
                          I am a total noob at server administration, so do you have any advices to run the ONS 2.0 without troubles? (thinking of server ini tweak?)
                          What do you mean by 'crash'? The server process ends abruptly? The client process ends abruptly? The client just gets kicked out to the main menu but the server loads the map and continues to run?

My first guess is that you don't have the maps installed properly on the server. The layout of folders for custom content on dedicated servers is slightly different than on the client. Have you had success hosting custom maps in normal warfare? If so, do the same thing for the maps in ONS 2.0. Those maps are just like any other custom WAR maps. Try first to just host those maps for warfare... then move on to enabling the ONS 2.0 gametype.

Maybe you should also check whether you have your redirect setup properly and make sure the maps are available on your redirect.

Comment

I removed the Apoc Matrix Moves mutator from the ONS2.0 gameprofile and camera control does work now.

I'm using the regular notags mutator to remove player tags instead of the Apoc mutator and it seems to be working ok.

Comment

PS3 Versions

Thanks to euchreplayer23, we now have PS3 versions of the ONS 2.0 game type and some of the maps:

Download Onslaught 2.0 Game Type for PS3

Download WAR-AlienSandsSE (PS3 version)
                              Download WAR-ArchCliffsOE (PS3 version)
                              Download WAR-ArtofWarOE (PS3 version)
                              Download WAR-SnakebiteSE (PS3 version)
                              Download WAR-TooDarkParkSE (PS3 version)
                              Download WAR-XcavatedOE (PS3 version)

THANKS AGAIN TO EUCHREPLAYER23!!!

Comment

Congrats on the release. This, I have to say, is a very welcome change to Warfare. I love seeing some of the '04 weapons and love the Bio-grenade launcher....

Comment

Working...
                                X