X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTPickupFactoryMovable [PC][Final]

Name: UTPickupFactoryMovable
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: PC, Not tested on PS3 but it should work when cooked.
    Description: Some of the pickups like power ups can be placed on movable platforms, while other items like weapon lockers cannot.

This mod adds a number of new pickup factories with the bMovable flag set to true, allowing you to place them on movable platforms.

New movable pickups include:
    armor pickups
    health pickups
    weapon pickups
    weapon factories
    ammo pickups for all stock weapons

Comments: The bMovable flag will most likely be turned on in a future version of UE3 and this mod will not be needed.
    Screenshot: None, they are the same old pickups.
    Credits: Josh "CaptainSnarf" Turpen, Drummer.unr for doing the research on the bMovable flag
    Homepage: http://clan-bge.com/
    Download: http://www.clan-bge.com/Downloads/UT...oryMovable.zip
    Download2: http://files.filefront.com/UTPickupF.../fileinfo.html

This is a very nice idea

I wonder, if you want to include that new twist in your map & several months later someone try to play your map but doesn't have this mutator installed, is the map will load correctly ? It may sound silly but I supposed this mutator in included in the map when you cook it so players don't need to bother to have it for playing any maps ?

Comment

The map will load and work without the mutator installed; it is already cooked into the map.

It is different for online server use. If you install a map that uses this mutator on a server, you will need the UTPickupFactoryMovable.u file to also exist on the server.

Comment

Ah...

So that mean every maps should include this mutator in the original package (rar, zip, etc) because you never know if your map will be play online & if the server already as the file. Don't know if you understand my point ?

Comment

403 - Forbidden Error
          You are not allowed to access this address.
          If the error persists, please contact the website webmaster.

Comment

Is it possible to create a pathnode actor movable too ?

Comment

It probably is possible, but I really doubt the bots will use it (the paths themselves are statically built into the map), so it would be pointless.

The main post has been updated with a mirror for those having issues with the download.

So that mean every maps should include this mutator in the original package (rar, zip, etc) because you never know if your map will be play online & if the server already as the file. Don't know if you understand my point ?
              Yes, you should include the mutator in your .zip file, but it's only needed for online play.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
                The main post has been updated with a mirror for those having issues with the download.
                thanks!

Comment

Hi, I need help with this package. Making the weapon factory move with a mover is fine in the editor and it can be played in the ed. fine but when I try to bake the map I get all sorts of errors which I have found to relate to the movable pickups. I think when it bakes it just cant find the resources so maybe the .u file needs to be in a specific loaction??? I cant tell you the exact errors because the "bake" window closes as soon as its done (failed!)

Then cant play the map in game (it crashes!)

Anyone know whats happening?!?!?! Its the key to my new map!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wacko View Post
                    I just PM you

Comment

Originally posted by Wacko View Post
                      Hi, I need help with this package. Making the weapon factory move with a mover is fine in the editor and it can be played in the ed. fine but when I try to bake the map I get all sorts of errors which I have found to relate to the movable pickups. I think when it bakes it just cant find the resources so maybe the .u file needs to be in a specific loaction??? I cant tell you the exact errors because the "bake" window closes as soon as its done (failed!)

Then cant play the map in game (it crashes!)

There are lots of things that could be wrong and lots of different ways to fix it. The quickest, easiest way (possibly not the most correct way) is to copy the compiled .u file from published\cookedpc\script and put it in unpublished\cookedpc\script, then cook your map. Normally this is very dangerous to do with packages; cooked and uncooked .u files are not the same thing and shouldn't be mixed up, however it seems to work OK with pure script .u files.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Mirror:

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...oryMovable.zip

Comment

I put the .u file into UnrealTournemant3\UTGame\CookedPC and it worked! Thx for your comments!

Comment

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1554

Database fed

Comment

Working...
                            X