No announcement yet.

DM-Artefact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed some things in map. Upgraded torch flames to more pleasurable look.
    Added blockin volumes behind portals, so now you shouldn't fall from the map accidentally
    while passing through them. Thx {BFG}Bl!tz~ for reporting this glitch.

Guys, anybody knows what to do with upgraded version of the map? Should I upload it at fileplanet, lets say as
    DM-Artefact_v.1.1.zip And should I name new version of the map as DM-Artefact_v.1.1?

Orjust replace old version I uploaded at fileplanet with the new one with the same name (without renaming)?

PS : I've just updated my first post with link to video review of my map at youtube. Thx to ut-x.net for the review.

Comment

now available beta version for PS3.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=677913

Comment

in fact it depend how many peeps have download it...20 DL or more no doubt V1.1^^....but if only 2 or 3 guys ...no need to change the name

Comment

Thank you for answer!

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
            Guys, anybody knows what to do with upgraded version of the map? Should I upload it at fileplanet, lets say as
            DM-Artefact_v.1.1.zip And should I name new version of the map as DM-Artefact_v.1.1?
            My theory is that as soon as one person downloads it, the updated file should have a different name (which prevents any version mismatches). If you don't change any of the assets in the external packages, those won't be a problem, but if you do, they will. I have had bad experiences which leads me to being upset with this kind of stuff in R6: RavenShield. On a similar note, it would be nicer to have the custom content in the actual map file.

This is a nice map. I tend to like these types of maps (old ruins with stone and such). There was a variety of game play depending on where you were at (flat areas, tight or open spaces, z-axis fighting of different heights). This visuals/atmosphere was solid as well.

A few suggestions though... Can some one get a chain saw and cut down some vegetation? Being on the other areas of the map is a noticeable frame reate experience (meaning it's lower) than the interiors for obvious reasons. Also, for online games, limiting players from going far out into the water might help keep the game play more focused.

A winter or desert version could help with the frame rates. Either way, a nice map and a keeper for me.

Comment

Now downloading the ps3 beta. will let you know how it plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint View Post
                now available beta version for PS3.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=677913
                I posted my feedback for the PS3 version in that thread. Two biggest things that stuck out were the low frames in the middle courtyard and the missing textures (represented by a large black box) in front of the purple "fire" from the statue.

Comment

non-SE and SE versions

Ancient ruins in a jungle with caves and a teleporter and decent bots, who could want more? The bots go for the redeemer also. I like the custom content in this one, but the water needs work when viewed from below its surface. It does take an inordinate amount of time to load though (actually not I tried both again and it was only 6-8 seconds, must have been some other glitch with my computer at the time). Any chance of a non-fileplanet download link that works or even possibly the SE version also?

EDIT: thanks for the SE link (final version)!
                  Yes, flames for the torches do look better now in the cave, but anything else that changed I really didn't notice. The water surface still looks odd from below, but no one really goes out there anyway. I never really remember falling after going through the portals in the non-SE version though. I'll just keep this SE version.

Comment

Great map! The only problem is that it has no preview (thumbnail). At least with Mapmixer all I see is a black square. Is this my problem? If not, could you please add a preview pic? I'd really like to add this map to my collection.

Comment

Excuse people, but in it post there was an out-of-date reference.
                      Last version of a map has name DM-Artefact_SE
                      The reference to downloading:http://www.fileplanet.com/200177/200...l-Tournament-3 - - DM-Artefact_SE

other link:
                      http://ffxiv.ru/MapsUT3/DM-Artefact_SE.zip

Comment

The card has a thumbnail, probably that the black picture turns out from for the conflict with Mapmixer .

Comment

I did some matches against 11 bots & it was very fun

Your custom content is truly great

I found various things that could had been more polished but reading your readme & understanding your dev progress, I understand why you make it final.

It's a great effort & you have great talent without a doubt.

THX for your hard work

Comment

This map looks just wonderful. Does anyone have a working link?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCognitti View Post
                              This map looks just wonderful. Does anyone have a working link?
                              Take a look at this: Liandri.com

Comment

Thanks for the link (impressive map!).

Comment

Working...
                                X