Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Artefact

Update :
    I've changed some things in map. I consider this version the final.

Name:
    DM-Artefact_SE

Change Log:
    (DM-Artefact --> DM-Artefact_SE)

• Upgraded torch flames to more pleasurable look.
    • Added blockin volumes behind portals, so now you shouldn't fall from the map accidentally
    while passing through them. (Thx {BFG}Bl!tz~ for reporting this glitch.)

Compatibility: _PC

Download: http://www.fileplanet.com/200177/200...DM-Artefact_SE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: DM-Artefact_SE
    Version:SE
    Compatibility: _PC
    Description:Medium size DM map for UT3 at the ruins in the subtropical jungle....
    Comments:I think this is final version map. But if you find any bug , please tell me about it. Comments are welcome!
    Screenshots:

Credits:
    Thanks to
    - Epic Games
    - Denis 'RedFox' Kuzetsov for harsh critic, helping with ideas and map testing
    - Yuri 'Altair' Grachev for testing of the map and help with unreal script

Homepage:http://flint.ucoz.com
    Download: http://www.fileplanet.com/200177/200...DM-Artefact_SE

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRaqwc_mBs

looks nice dude

Comment

nice map; very original look
      first i was thinking that it was a problem with the map : it have taken 45 seconds to load ! but after a run on it it s huge (and all those files ^^)

very pleasant to play; the map is so big that i havent found any real gameplay; it s like a big travel in new world

some details:
      -try to add picts here directly^^
      -the fog is a bit loud imho and it dont serve the eyecandy affair(all is too white and the fog eat all details)
      -i was abble to walk on water in some places
      -while using the "portal" and doing fast "one side and back" i hav fallen through the meshes...dunno how i havent succed to do it second time to take a screen
      -the flames on your torch have strange look (they moove like "indian" smoke)
      -the dead floating thing around the banana trees is nice but a bit too large

sorry to mention all thoses details but i cant remember to have seen the map in beta section

all in all it s a very good map and i had lot of fun to play there

thx for that big work u ve put on it

Comment

This map looks great. I did get a big drop in frame rate though. Also, I don't know if it's just my computer or not, but some of the weapon's fire (shock rifle) and other player's shields had some wierd graphics distortion to them. Things were a bit blocky. Beyond that everything looks awesome.

Comment

Sorry, but a n00b at this, but have noticed a typo in the file structure of the .rar that I don't know, if this would affect proper installation of your Map....
          The Folder named "Environments" in CookedPC....Your typo: "Enviroment" ...As I have said, I don't know if this would affect installation or not...But thought I should just point it out anyway.... Thanks for your work, the screens look amazing

Swifty

Comment

I created visuals mostly based on real fotos taken in Thailand. It's all foggy there because of the heat and forest fires Maybe I've overdone with DOF and Blur settings a bit, tunning it at about 5 AM and you can see distortion at small distances because of it. I'll look into it.

Thx for reporting a bug with portals. I think I know how to get rid of it. Fix is comming up.

About walking on water. I've been asked by RedFox to block water spaces with blocking volumes, but I wanted to give players a little more freedom Well, maybe I would rather listen to him. What do you think about it, guys, should I block these areas?

I tested the map with friends via LAN.

Many thx for comments, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftyOne View Post
              Sorry, but a n00b at this, but have noticed a typo in the file structure of the .rar that I don't know, if this would affect proper installation of your Map....
              The Folder named "Environments" in CookedPC....Your typo: "Enviroment" ...As I have said, I don't know if this would affect installation or not...But thought I should just point it out anyway.... Thanks for your work, the screens look amazing

Swifty
              Thx for pointing this out, but it doesn't matter. UT3 checks for package name no matter how folder with this package is named (as long as this folder is in CookedPC folder).

Comment

Is their going to be a PS3 Cook at all?

Comment

I think yes.

Comment

Brilliant, I'm looking forward to playing it!

Comment

I really digg those meshes in the first shot, nice atmosphere.
                      They're custom, right?

Comment

Yes . The major part is custom.

Comment

Looking lovely man, looking forward to a ps3 cook!

Kat

Comment

Brilliant! Excellent map. What package did you get the building meshes from? or are they all custom? Once again, awesome map!

Comment

Actually the map is made mostly from custom content. All custom content you can see in packages placed with map.

Comment

Working...
                              X