Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification

Originally posted by JD8 View Post
    H3xx9, the admin can set the BR ini to either allow or disallow the ball to be carried in vehicles. As for the weapons they are standard weapons, if you want something other than standard just find a decent weapons mod and run it with BR.
    Hey JD8. Okay I didn't know about the br.ini thing, thanks for that.

As for the weapons, I think you misunderstood me. What would have to be done for my suggestion is code up special versions of the stock vehicles that behave the same way as the stock, but act differently when the orb carrier enters the vehicle, or the driver picks up the orb. When the vehicle has the orb, it should lose the ability to fire its weapon, instead having to launch the orb towards the goal, or pass it toward a team mate.

And about the flak cannon model being used as the orb gun, that was just a cosmetic opinion.

Comment

Very nice job on the mod I love

Comment

Originally posted by JD8 View Post
        Hey Relic I noticed another thing on your website that could use some updating whenever you have the time. The new maplists and vote ini's change how UT3 works with regards to map lists and voting so that section on your "server administration" page could use some tweaking.
        Yeah, a lot of that documentation is a bit outdated now with patch 5 and BR 3.1. I'll make changes when I get some time today perhaps.

Comment

using a reskinned weapon is not the best approach but without being able to import the 2k4 weapon, and designing a new weapon (so i'm told) being a nightmare, this is the best we can do. i won't be swapping one reskinned weapon for another. my next upgrade (if it happens) is to use the freshly designed weapon that someone gives me, if anyone wants to do it. personally i'm happy with it the way it is but if someone who has the skills, *has played the mod and -seen- the current weapon*(i mean comon, do the homework), and still wants to create a weapon anim mesh for me, and it's of sufficient qualilty, then i will gladly take it and incorportate it in the mod.

my guess is it's a cost vs value issue. considering the work it would take to create a weapon, weighed against the fact that what we got is ok, i don't think anyone wants to do it. a custom weapon would be a -great- addition however, and whooever did this would be appreciated and get their name in the credits.

Comment

bumpedy bump...

Comment

GOW have been having tons of fun with your bombing run mod. Thanks for your hard work on the mod and maps. We need more maps that are more than just rectangular shoeboxes tho. Our team may start working on some

Comment

bomb run=bomb fun, d/l ing now...
                thanks in advance for your effort!

Comment

Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood View Post

We need more maps that are more than just rectangular shoeboxes tho.....

Those would be designed more for the iBR players.

Just check out the BR map download page... http://relicsut.com/ut3brmaps.html ...for all map styles (over 40 maps so far).

Plus, there are more in the makings as far as old favorites from the past.

Comment

What's the difference between 3.0 and 1.5ish? I have 1.5ish on my PS3 and i wonder how you could possibly improve such a great mod, unless you're improving bots or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
                      What's the difference between 3.0 and 1.5ish? I have 1.5ish on my PS3 and i wonder how you could possibly improve such a great mod, unless you're improving bots or something...
                      Well currently 1.54 is the latest and most up to date version for the PS3.

I know they were going to try and recook under the latest version with the last patch from Epic ... I asked over on the official forum over at the Reliquary but no one answered my question if it worked out or not.

I know from version 2.15 and up to current 3.1 moving goals were established along with moving Ball bases to add another element to the game play.

Comment

Hi,
                        Is there an admin command for a ball reset or round reset? We've encountered a strange bug while playing Voidy's version of Thorns; the ball spawned underneath the floor as though the orientation of the pickup base was upside-down. The ball could not reset on the idle timer because it had not yet been picked up by a player or bot. This has only happened once so far, and only occurred on this map - as far as I know. It would be cool in situations like this to be able to reset the ball or the round without restarting the entire match.

BTW, sorry about the models (I haven't really had time)

Comment

thanks for the nice feedback on current ps3 version. nice to hear people like it. we have in fact made tons of improvements, just look at the changelog in the latest PC download zip, there is quite a good history contained there. bot ai improvements have been huge for one, but many cool new features have been done as has been said. i was never satified with ai before version 2.1, but after that it has been pretty good ai and bots have performed well.

unfortunately we have not been able to cook this for ps3 due to crash issue, which i am hopeful a future ut3 patch will fix, so cross your fingers. i have not heard any word on any attempt at cook latest build, but cook attempt a build or two ago did fail, so atm we are stuck .

Narayana that is one weird bug. i have played that map online a lot and never had any issues. hopefully that will only be a one time glitch. there is no way to reset ball in Online mode but there is in Instant Action, just see the console command help text file in the zip. Most of these commands are disabled Online for security reasons, but Admin has access to a few of them, ones we deemed critical, this particlar command is not in that list however. I know you would need one online but online the only thing you can do is restart the match using the Settings screen while logged in as admin.

Comment

Originally posted by warhead2 View Post
                            thanks for the nice feedback on current ps3 version. nice to hear people like it. we have in fact made tons of improvements, just look at the changelog in the latest PC download zip, there is quite a good history contained there. bot ai improvements have been huge for one, but many cool new features have been done as has been said. i was never satified with ai before version 2.1, but after that it has been pretty good ai and bots have performed well.

unfortunately we have not been able to cook this for ps3 due to crash issue, which i am hopeful a future ut3 patch will fix, so cross your fingers. i have not heard any word on any attempt at cook latest build, but cook attempt a build or two ago did fail, so atm we are stuck .

Narayana that is one weird bug. i have played that map online a lot and never had any issues. hopefully that will only be a one time glitch. there is no way to reset ball in Online mode but there is in Instant Action, just see the console command help text file in the zip. Most of these commands are disabled Online for security reasons, but Admin has access to a few of them, ones we deemed critical, this particlar command is not in that list however. I know you would need one online but online the only thing you can do is restart the match using the Settings screen while logged in as admin.
                            Sorry to hear that the PS3 cooks aren't working, but I find my current version near perfect in most respects. (Except for a little bot AI issues, such as jumping off the map in Facing Worlds to get the orb, lol.)

Either way, keep up the good work!

Comment

good to hear it's working out so well . yea haha that a funny one due to the bot's robust dynamic pathing which means they can find things without using the ut3 map path network. if the ball fell down and got lodged in a ledge or whatever they could actually dive down and retrieve it , and do other such cool tricks. in latest version they actually pulls stunts like that much less but still can.

hopefully a future cook will work. we'll keep trying .

Comment

I don't post much, but I had to stop in here and show some love. This mod is pure win. Great work, great maps. I'd recommend this to anyone who use to love BR. Thanks for putting in the work on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X