No announcement yet.

UT3 Bombing Run Mod 3.0 Release Candidate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With tomorrow being the deadline for phase 3 just want to wish you guys good luck with your submission and a job well done!

You guys have raised the bar for Bombing Run that no Unreal Tournament version that has been released to date so far and surpassed any expectation that any one could even ask for in the mod.

Keep on Fragg'n

Comment

Thanks! The fruition of 1.5 years of hard and unpaid work

Comment

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY IN THE UT3 BR TEAM! Even if you lose, I will always support you!

Comment

Hmmm.

You may want to update your readme for people with a Steam installation!....

Comment

It's the same for all kinds of installations

Comment

Good luck in the MSUC. by the way, what were the 10 maps you included?

Comment

thanks all.

u can download the entry off our site and see the maps in it. there is a MapDescriptions.txt file with a map list.

because install directories vary, our instructions are written a tad generic to cover all the installations, with an win xp example provided. end user must understand where those area are in their system and copy files accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by JAT View Post
                  It's the same for all kinds of installations
                  No its not. The readme states to place certain files in C:/Program Files/unreal tournament 3 etc.

Downloading UT3 from steam installs it into a completely different loaction, and those that are not 'in the know' will struggle to find where to put the files.

Result is a broken installation that results in deathmatch being played in bombing run maps.

Comment

For me it is exactly the same!

Comment

I found this on Steam for installing maps/mods....

HOW-TO: Installing Maps/Mods for UT2004/UT3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      ZIP/RAR file Mods
                      This is pretty easy. Simply extract the contents of the folder to:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\<UT game you want to install mod to>\

UMOD Files (.ut4mod)
                      If you're having trouble trying to get your UTMOD files to install, then for the time being, you should acquire the UMOD Extractor from:

http://files.filefront.com/ut2modext.../fileinfo.html
                      Note: I nor Steam are responsible for the content of external sites, and I accept no responsibility for any damage done to your computer.

This is quite self-explanitory. Download and extract that program, then run it.

Browse the program to the UMOD file, and a suitable place to extract the files to. Once done, copy the files to the appropriate game folder found in:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\<UT game you want to install mod to>\

Note that this directory may not be the same for all Steam installations.

Now run the game, and your mod ought to work.

Review the thread here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=666079

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Laambo. Yeah, I recently moved my BR server over to a windows 7 beta platform. It works great, but it took me a while to figure out the file structure...totally different in windows 7 (the my games folder).

With all of the different configurations and install methods, we had to be sort of generic in the readme install instructions. Now it seems that specific install instructions would be a good thing to put on our website. I'll work on that soon, and will probably need your input, as I don't download using steam.

Comment

Looks great. It works great as well.

Comment

Hey Relic I noticed another thing on your website that could use some updating whenever you have the time. The new maplists and vote ini's change how UT3 works with regards to map lists and voting so that section on your "server administration" page could use some tweaking.

Comment

Awesome mod, I'm normally an ons/war player, but I loved br back in ut2k4. I played with it a little, and I love the vehicle maps the most, however I do have some opinions/ suggestions.
                              First, the biorifle altfire animation, imho, would make a better orb gun than the flak cannon mesh. you could just skip the first part of the anim and get to where it would normally have a blob of biosludge hovering between it and replace the sludge with the orb. just an opinion, it wouldn't affect gameplay at all, just be prettier.
                              Second, The vehicle maps are the best, but the vehicles either shouldn't be able to carry the ball, or when carrying the ball, should have the same limitations as an infantry player, i.e. having no weapons and launching the orb when it fires. the reason being, the viper is insanely hard to catch, shoot at, kill etc. plus, if a mapper were to put a Goliath (or for more insanity, a levi) in the map, one could simply play the Juggernaut and muscle his way to the goal. besides, each vehicle having its own specialized orb cannon might be fun for both br and war. The scorpion could fire it like a motor, and the Goliath could fire a long distance, and also all be able to lock onto teammates to pass.

Comment

H3xx9, the admin can set the BR ini to either allow or disallow the ball to be carried in vehicles. As for the weapons they are standard weapons, if you want something other than standard just find a decent weapons mod and run it with BR.

Comment

Working...
                                X