• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UPDATED]War-RockPaperSpacecruiserV2

Name: War-RockPaperSpacecruiser

Version: 2.0

Compatibility: Titanpack and Patch 1.2+

Description:
    Two space cruisers are battling out over a space station to gain control over one another. You start at your teams cruiser and launch yourself towards the space station and capture it, once you have captured the station the enemy cruisers defenses will slowly be lowered and the entire cruiser will be vulnerable for attack.

Comments: Due to the very unique nature of this level, bots are not supported. It was made for Lan games and multiplayer in mind.

Screenshot:

Credits: Goes to Me and my friend Thommy who made this map as a collaboration project.

Homepage: http://Mek3d.se

UPDATE!!!:
    ============================================
    WAR - ROCK PAPER SPACECRUISERV2
    ============================================

Fixes:

* Some collision issues inside station.

* Opened up the station interior.

* Fixed turret pathing (they are not as slow to react as they were before)

* Fixed Gravitation space to give a smal amount of falling

* Fixed Gravitation on station to go higher up the piston

* Fixed station airlock so that you dont get launched downwards

* Removed Lots of health from the station

* Removed Stinger from the map

* Removed overpowered powerups in the station (super health and shieldbelt)

* Cruiser airlock no longer launch everything in the hangar, just the front part.

* Added 2 cecidas on each team cruiser front hangar

* Cruiser now has automatic defence stystem at core (destroyable auto turrets)

* Cruiser Powercore door is now 200% slower to open

* Cruiser has now blocking meshes at the sides of launchpad (to remove the issiue when people jumps over the fence and get launched in to space)

* There is no longer a force direction volume at the floor of the map, if you fly all the way down there you will die. (this is to remove unwanted unmanned aircraft's to stay at the bottom)

Download: War-RockpaperSpaceruiserV2 @ Mek3d.se
    --------------------------------

Download: War-RockpaperSpaceruiser @ Map Factory
    (original map)

Enjoy!

Yes! A WAR map set in space! And to top it off, it's got the best name Evar!!!
    It looks teh secks too.

Comment

( i only wish i had some lan friends, or even ppl on da PS3 who would get it.)

Comment

Looks awesome! Downloading right now

Comment

That map look & sound very unusual for a WAR map

It as been added to my "Huge list of ONS / VCTF / WAR custom maps" thread (by my sig).

THX for your work

Comment

Wow this map remember me at freelancer. We need more WAR spacemaps!

Mirror + VideoStream (Preview)
            http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...cecruiser.html

Comment

Looks tops!
              Download here I come!

Comment

That looks great! Too bad it has no bot support.

And... rock breaks spacecruiser? Must be a big rock!

Comment

Thanks!

A newer and better map version is already in progress. That one will have botsupport. However, it will be some time before its finnished. And its leaning towards a minimod more than a map. We will try to fit it inside a map though that forces a mutator to it. So you dont need to switch if it goes through a map cycle.

Comment

No bot support means no download for me. Looks good though!

Comment

That map looks awesome from the pics and the concept reminds me of the Star Wars Battlefront 2 space maps.
                      Unfortunately for me, bot support is a must.

Comment

Awesome ! But you have to add bot support !

Comment

In case you want feedback (if you don't, ignore this). I have a mixed reaction to this map. On one level I love it, you did something unique and different, and there are some VERY cool features in here. The overall concept is very cool, the "theme" is great, I like that you tried to make the map make sense and follow your theme (e.g., core being what powers the assault ships). In particular, I love the raptor launch, that is just awesome. So I want to be clear up front, there's some serious awesomness in this map.

The part that I don't love though is sort of the actual gameplay. It's hard to say without really playing with several people at once, but running around it, I can't imagine this plays very well. For instance, it seems like there's really just two entrances to the base? Between that and the turrets, a team that had the base could destroy incoming foot with only two entrances (assuming they made it past turrets with slow moving raptors). I could just sit there and spam that entrance. Also, a player gets a raptor, comes over and... what... abandons the raptor to go inside? The base imo is very cool looking (in and out), but would also play pretty poorly. It's pretty cramped in there.

So, I think there's some really great things about this map, and you obviously spent some time and effort making a truly unique map. I just think it falls short a bit in the actual playability department. Hopefully that makes sense and you don't feel I'm criticizing your map, it really is great.

Comment

Originally posted by danimal' View Post
                            In case you want feedback (if you don't, ignore this). I have a mixed reaction to this map. On one level I love it, you did something unique and different, and there are some VERY cool features in here. The overall concept is very cool, the "theme" is great, I like that you tried to make the map make sense and follow your theme (e.g., core being what powers the assault ships). In particular, I love the raptor launch, that is just awesome. So I want to be clear up front, there's some serious awesomness in this map.

The part that I don't love though is sort of the actual gameplay. It's hard to say without really playing with several people at once, but running around it, I can't imagine this plays very well. For instance, it seems like there's really just two entrances to the base? Between that and the turrets, a team that had the base could destroy incoming foot with only two entrances (assuming they made it past turrets with slow moving raptors). I could just sit there and spam that entrance. Also, a player gets a raptor, comes over and... what... abandons the raptor to go inside? The base imo is very cool looking (in and out), but would also play pretty poorly. It's pretty cramped in there.

So, I think there's some really great things about this map, and you obviously spent some time and effort making a truly unique map. I just think it falls short a bit in the actual playability department. Hopefully that makes sense and you don't feel I'm criticizing your map, it really is great.
                            Thank you for testing it out, I love to get critic on what is good/bad and what people really think of it. It keep's me in a perspective of things. And you can tell me all bad things, it's just good to know what is bad about the level so i don't make the same mistakes. I wont improve if I don't know what the public thinks. I am all for pleasing the communities.

I know that there isn't just hardcore secks all the way, there are some fallbacks and I didn't have time to fix them due to my deadline.

The station has 4 entry points, one from the roof to down (key pressed elevator down) second and third on the station sides, and the lower hangar.

Did you noticed the yellowkeypads near doors and machines? press use key on them and see what happends.

You are supposed to abandon your raptor as soon as you're about to assault the station, we made a trigger that removes the raptor quickly to avoid jamming. And there is enough raptors in launchpad clip to make it go all around. The thing is when we playtested it with 10 people, it got kind of messy in space but still in a nice fashion I believe atleast. It was constant 2 players in the station and the rest in space, it was not all jammed. And the fact that you could launch yourself with the orb through the airlock and make it made that the station was a easy catch.

But so to speak, It was a real gamble to try and make something new, We didn't know if it would be good or bad. But those whom have tested it in a lan game were quite positive towards it.

however it's not a UT3 hardcore kind of map either, its something new I guess. However we have taken wisdom in this level and will fix the things we consider "flaws" we couldn't have removed them this round because then the entire map would needed to be torn apart and re-made to make it work. Which we thought too much work, so we'd rather just make a new one

Comment

I love this. I'm off the forum for less than a month, and I come back to some truly awesome maps, and this is one of them. I did notice some glitches, though.

First, the turrets in the cruisers that are on elevators don't go up when you get in them. I would assume they're supposed to. Secondly, infantry don't collide with all the asteroids, including some of the ones between the cruisers and the space station. Another thing is that once you go flying out, it's a gamble as to whether or not you make it, since you will gradually angle downward. I found a jetpack mutator once, and I think using that in a game would overcome most space-bound infantry problems.

I'm glad to see you're planning on doing some bot pathing. For a good map, MP or SP, it's a must.

Personally, I'd expand the station so it had two landing bays and two nodes, and was a little bigger, but I'm not so sure that there would be many problems playing if you didn't. Like you said, there are four entrances, and there are traps here and there.

From a modeling standpoint, the station and cruisers are amazing. I missed some of the old space assault maps from 2k4, so for me this map was a real treat. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X