DM-MCC-Hangar [PC][PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome map ...nice animation /kismet lesson
    it s a bit sad to set all down to get decent fps ... what a rig killer !
    the space ship moove is totally insane...really impressed
    thx for ur work

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
      The visuals are very nice as well, though some areas seem a bit "much". Either the color of the lighting or similar, but not a big deal.
      Yeah the map is a little over the top in some areas and I suck at lighting actually. It's one of those areas where you need to be an artist which I most certainly am not.

I will take a look at the Kismet section and probably get a migraine.
      Be sure to open the ship sequence Matinee but keep that bottle of Excedrin handy.

Comment

Originally posted by katamari666 View Post
        beautiful looking map. Any chance of a ps3 cook please? Would love to play.

Thanks
        Katamari666
        I have tried a few times but the cooker crashes when I target the PS3. There must be some offending asset that it doesn't like. I have tried deleting some sounds that people thought might cause the problem but to no avail. I haven't given up completely but even if I get it to cook, I'm afraid it might not run too well on the PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Terror_Force View Post
          Nice map and is now listed in our database!

http://www.ut-x.net/View-document-de...CC-Hangar.html
          Inklusive HD Videostream!
          Hey cool, thanks! Nice vid!

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
            awesome map ...nice animation /kismet lesson
            it s a bit sad to set all down to get decent fps ... what a rig killer !
            the space ship moove is totally insane...really impressed
            thx for ur work
            Sorry about the performance. I put in mega hours trying to improve it. And thanks for the Morpheus release!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
              Be sure to open the ship sequence Matinee but keep that bottle of Excedrin handy.
              OMG is all I have to say. That is some crazy Kismet work you got going there!

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
              I have tried a few times but the cooker crashes when I target the PS3. There must be some offending asset that it doesn't like. I have tried deleting some sounds that people thought might cause the problem but to no avail. I haven't given up completely but even if I get it to cook, I'm afraid it might not run too well on the PS3.
              You might want to contact "The Demon Slick", he does some PS3 cooking and he knows others as well that do it, they might be able to help. I do know that the PS3 will only use assets that are set for low settings (World settings 1-2).

Comment

OMG is all I have to say. That is some crazy Kismet work you got going there!

You might want to contact "The Demon Slick", he does some PS3 cooking and he knows others as well that do it, they might be able to help. I do know that the PS3 will only use assets that are set for low settings (World settings 1-2).
                Okay, thanks for the info. I will check into that.

Comment

Hey man good to see you got it out, Personally I didnt think performance was that bad from the start, should be good now with those things I pointed out. Thanks Heaps for crediting me like that

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                    Hey man good to see you got it out, Personally I didnt think performance was that bad from the start, should be good now with those things I pointed out. Thanks Heaps for crediting me like that
                    That was an easy credit . You went over and above the call of duty with the detailed screenshots/diagrams!

Comment

Originally posted by bazzwano View Post
                      Come on Bazz, your the optimization king & I know you where extremely helpful, so you deserve proper credits

Comment

Review is up

Nice map, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly View Post
                          Review is up

Nice map, thanks.
                          Hey thanks for the review. You nailed it spot on. I have one small question: I noticed you mention "no animation" on the robot which is true (wish I knew how to animate the body) but I was curious if you couldn't see/hear the sparking emitter of the "welding arm"?

Comment

Glad you like the review. Very ambitious map.
                            The sparking welding arm was fine but i meant the robot animation itself.

Comment

This map is completely under-rated on UT unlimited. Its scores for gameplay and eyecandy are nearly perfect, and it simply looses many points due to performance. I have an E4500 2.2ghz + Geforce 8800 GT 512mb + 2 gigs of ram and I can play it with 8 bots in *full* details (only thing is that I disable the dynamic shadows, lol), with both antialiasing and anisotrope settings set to 8. So meh. I know certain maps that would deserve to be downgraded because of their bad optimization, that one is clearly not one of these, as far as I can tell.

The result is that the map is fantastic, and it's rated below the 90 that all excellent maps should deserve, simply because of someone's bad view on performances. That's really sad.

I like and support UT Unlimited, but that review is just not very accurate...

Comment

Originally posted by Firmament View Post
                                The result is that the map is fantastic, and it's rated below the 90 that all excellent maps should deserve, simply because of someone's bad view on performances. That's really sad.

I like and support UT Unlimited, but that review is just not very accurate...
                                I can see your point to a degree, but such is life when reviewing a map.

I would have given it a fewer less points on game play and maybe a point less on eye candy (lighting can be a bit much). If there was as section for Kismet, it would get a 10/10 .

Don't get me wrong, I do like the map very much. The game play could be better, but that's not that big of a deal. But ultimately, you can't make such a big area with lots of detail and lots of animation going on and not pay the price.

I think firefly's final comment sums the map up very well...

A great map with some very impressive Kismet and visuals as well as good flow. You'll need a rig with some grunt to run it well though

Comment

Working...
                                X