[UPDATED]GearsCam v1.2 ATTENTION! NEED HELP FROM EXPERIENCED SCRIPTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DazJW View Post
    You'd be far better off with a totally new weapon and just give it the Avril model, the Avril as an instant hit wouldn't even vaguely resemble the Avril's behaviour.
    i've moved over to the Link Gun again for my Lancer, so doesnt matter much, but could you shed some light perhaps on my error compiling?
    until i get that fixed im working furiously on the weapons side of the mod

Comment

Your PlayFeignDeath() is different to the one higher up the chain (ie you've redefined it), it doesn't like that.
      Make sure your function is:
      Code:
      simulated function PlayFeignDeath()

Comment

Originally posted by DazJW View Post
        Your PlayFeignDeath() is different to the one higher up the chain (ie you've redefined it), it doesn't like that.
        Make sure your function is:
        Code:
        simulated function PlayFeignDeath()
        OIC!
        sorry for the leet speak.. it just happens *flogs self*

thanks to all that have helped me out with this, your slowly building my unrealscript knowledge

Comment

Code:
          D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\Gearscamslow\Classes\GearsPawnslow.uc(20) : Error, Bad or missing expression in Call to 'StartCrouch', parameter 1

i have theorys on how to fix it, but i want a concrete explaination of how i can fix it

Comment

Basically the same error again - StartCrouch() needs to be StartCrouch(float HeightAdjust).
            If you get any other errors look at the function you've used in UTPawn (or Pawn if it's not in UTPawn) and check you've got the same parameters.

Comment

i tried that already, i get
              Code:
              D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\Gearscamslow\Classes\GearsPawnslow.uc(20) : Error, Bad or missing expression for token: Float, in Call to 'StartCrouch', parameter 1
              it seems to be a never-ending chain of errors, i fix one, another happens

oh and i looked at the functions, im using all the correct parameters :/

Comment

i notice in endcrouch instead of crouchmeshzoffset = heightadjust it has 0.0
                is there a value i could set start crouch to that means i dont have to use heightadjust, as it just seems to be this parameter creating constant problems

do you have any IM clients?
                it would be better talking there instead of
                1.spamming up the thread
                2.waiting 20 mins or so between replies

Comment

what a pity there's always no weapon reload animation in ut.......

Comment

there is
                    its only played the first time u equip the weapon tho, so smeh, i can do a reload system if i had the experience
                    edit: btw lads im blitzed and 50 miles from home, so no coding this week, feel free to drop suggestions in tho.

Comment

well, they should add a hand model or sth holding the gun, also add reload system.
                      if there 's a ut 4 i hope epic make massive changes, not just one simply hit and run game style, more choice...

add over the shoulder cam officially, add more model detailed animations, in ut when models running ,
                      their arms never shake and wave holding a gun, always stick forward, also the body seems a whole model part,
                      no shoulder shake, waist shake, armor move like we see very natural of human body reactions in gears,

also the sp storyline should focus more on unreal, not ut, they just don't fit together...

Comment

see, what you suggested makes it more like gears, when in reality the game isnt meant to be liek that, i will agree about making bodys behave more realistically, but its meant to be a run and gun fps which has mod support, one thing i can say though is that they should add more mod support to gears games. i.e. give the same level of mod support in gears 3 PC (if its released for pc) as is in ut3.

Comment

What does the last version actually do??? did u fix something? this is a great mod! if i could only see the legs just a very little just a little it would be like the game gears of war.

Comment

sorry me again bro i found this it could help u fix the invisible in corners for gearscam :http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604965

Comment

well ive adjusted the camera as much like gears of war as i can :/
                              i wont be making any more adjustments for a while as im working on a TC mod atm

Comment

Did u lowered the camera a little i think i can see the difference bcause i can see marcus belt cool!!! Thanks man i hear alot of good things about your mutator just fix when ever u can the invisibility no rush im still using your mod every time bro.

Comment

Working...
                                X