No announcement yet.

[UPDATED]GearsCam v1.2 ATTENTION! NEED HELP FROM EXPERIENCED SCRIPTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, the next version wont be called GearsCam and i wont be releasing until it has been extensively tested in a private beta (1 spot left, will be decided nearer to the time)

Comment

thx man, that cover system mod is still no conclusion and we still don't know when will it be released after a long time wait...
      maybe you can add a cover system if possible? you update very often and make great changes.

Comment

Lol, wel the update often bit made me chuckle, i released 2 bugfixes
        if you mean talking on the thread its cuz i got chucked outta school and have nothing better to do.

now on to the cover system, i'm actually looking through project white's code atm to try and figure that one out, duck seems not to be working however on ps3 (STILL!! IM GETTIN ANGRY WITH IT) and i may have to ask a coder to help.. actually ill change the first post to also ask for help from an experienced coder.

Comment

Well post your script for the crouch somewhere. (what you have so far) Here is the crouch command as it is:
          Code:
          simulated event StartCrouch(float HeightAdjust)****this line has to be replaced
          {
          	Super.StartCrouch(HeightAdjust);

// offset mesh by height adjustment
          	CrouchMeshZOffset = HeightAdjust;
          }
          This I got from UTpawn. I would create a new pawn class (extended of the original) and replace it with the above (fixed of course). Maybe this:
          Code:
          simulated function PlayDying(float HeightAdjust)
          {
          	Super.StartCrouch(HeightAdjust);

// offset mesh by height adjustment
          	CrouchMeshZOffset = HeightAdjust;
          }
          The down on the d-pad now linked to crouching...?

Comment

glad to see more coders coming into this, thx chorlion ,waiting your own cover system work....

Comment

Project White had a new release last month...

Comment

project white is a stand alone mod,

so i hope this cover system is just a mutator for ut maps....

Comment

You're the one that brought Project White up, why have you edited it out of your post?

Comment

lol, project white.. wow.. i've actually already tried looking over white's src.. and yeah, it confuses me...
                    @euchre
                    to be honest atm i have NO CODE for getting crouch to work, as when i tried before it just would not work for me, so i deleted that version of my src and replaced with my v1.2 src, i will try and figure somehting out anyway, and i'm aiming to bind it to left thumbstick, but the binding isnt important i can change that to anything once i have it recognising input.

EDIT: aaah i understand your example now, and that would make you crouch instead of feign? smart...
                    that would also make it assignable to a key by rebinding feign death, i'll test your code to see if it works for me

Comment

i thought project white is dead, like gear map to ut project,since they never post news in this forum,
                      but it's not so i edit my post, also thx chorlion40's work....

Comment

Originally posted by chorlion40 View Post
                        EDIT: aaah i understand your example now, and that would make you crouch instead of feign? smart...
                        that would also make it assignable to a key by rebinding feign death, i'll test your code to see if it works for me
                        You want "PlayFeignDeath()" rather than "PlayDying()" unless you want people to crouch when they actually die :P

Comment

DazJW is right, my mistake. PlayFeignDeath() is right......

Don't bother rebinding in this case "PlayFeignDeath" Which ever key (on the PS3) you use will be fine. I was trying to do a simple code since PlayFeignDeath() is already linked (in other code) to the down d-pad (so you wouldn't have to redo that code as well). I don't which line of code is linked to the left thumbstick. If there is 1 at all. Anyone know what the left thumbstick does? (regularly, outside/inside of a vehicle?).
                          The right thumbstick is alt jump...I will look for that 1 for you.

Comment

no, left is alt jump, but it can be rebinded, which is great, so i can bind it to feign death instead of down, and it will all work great, and yeah ill get off my lazy butt and actually go try that out now, so PlayFeignDeath() ?

ima do that now

EDIT: i get an error
                            Code:
                            D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\Gearscamslow\Classes\GearsPawnslow.uc(20) : Error, Redefinition of 'function PlayFeignDeath' differs from original; different number of parameters

Comment

Hey, does anyone know how to sucessfully make the avril an instant-hit weapon?

it's for the gears weapons that will be in this mod, so yeah..
                              eventually this will be a tc mod

Comment

You'd be far better off with a totally new weapon and just give it the Avril model, the Avril as an instant hit wouldn't even vaguely resemble the Avril's behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                                X