[UPDATED]GearsCam v1.2 ATTENTION! NEED HELP FROM EXPERIENCED SCRIPTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SurfinSlosh View Post
    Ok so Im a bit new here and so i'm wondering I heard talk of a crouch mutator and something about a cover system, sry if this has been asked before but how is it going?
    There's already a crouch function in UT3...

Comment

Originally posted by Megacherv View Post
      There's already a crouch function in UT3...
      But not on ps3 or xbox, only auto crouch volumes can make you crouch on that.

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
        But not on ps3 or xbox, only auto crouch volumes can make you crouch on that.
        Well, if you use keyboard+mouse on the PS3 version you can crouch, I'm sure of it. And definitely when you're a titan and behemoth. Haven't been on it for a few weeks, so I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Megacherv View Post
          Well, if you use keyboard+mouse on the PS3 version you can crouch, I'm sure of it. And definitely when you're a titan and behemoth. Haven't been on it for a few weeks, so I could be wrong
          Chorlion40 is trying to make it work on a controller not a KB & M setup, although good point for spotting that.

Comment

Chorlion40 is trying to make it work on a controller not a KB & M setup, although good point for spotting that.
            Why thank you.

Dammit, Chorlion40 isn't on MSN, so I can't ask him when he's wanting my paypal donation.

EDIT: All that needs to be done is porting the crouch command from the Titan mutator, since that can crouch with a controller.

Comment

There should be 2 mutators for this one crouch removing the jump and replacing with crouch(would be nice) and a second that removes feign death and replaces with crouch(for those who would still like to jump, also who uses feign death?)

Comment

...Titan mutator, since that can crouch with a controller.
                O'Really? I assume you mean the Titan can crouch, not the players though?

Comment

They added crouch to the titan so that it could move around into different areas instead of bieng so big to not be able to fit through a door.

Comment

O'Really? I assume you mean the Titan can crouch, not the players though?
                    If you're in Titan form, you can crouch so you can access all areas a normal player can.

Why would anyone want one that replaces jump? This isn't Gears of War, navigating maps on UT3 requires jumping. And don't use the 'realism' argument, since I already said that this isn't Gears of War, it's UT3

Comment

you dont need jump to navigate through all of the maps in ut3 and nobody said this was gears, but if you ask me gears is better in gameplay anyways.

Comment

you dont need jump to navigate through all of the maps in ut3 and nobody said this was gears, but if you ask me gears is better in gameplay anyways.
                        But jumping is needed to dodge weapons in UT3. You try and crouch to avoid a rocket fired at you, or an Instagib shot. And I think you'll find that a when I'm playing I'm constantly jumping across to different areas and jump whenever I get stuck in water or even acid. Without jump you'd be stuck in those areas

Comment

No jumping isn't needed for dodging weapons you could simply move to your side, and nobody said you had to use the mutator if it gets made anyway you could just use the one that replaces feign death with crouch or any other version.

Comment

Leave jump as it is... once you slow down the game appropriately the jumping isn't an issue anymore.

What's needed is a sprint feature... if it can be added with a crouch animation, all the better... But, sprint or roadie run equivalent and cover is what we really need. Add an updated lancer, and everything's gold... mission complete.

Comment

If we are going to have sprint/roadie run, crouch, and cover might as well add roll.

Comment

If we are going to have sprint/roadie run, crouch, and cover might as well add roll.
                                Dude, don't ask too much of him at once. One thing at a bleeding time. It'll give me more stuff to test aswell...not that that's as bad...

Comment

Working...
                                X