• Show
Clear All

Spectate Botmatch

Name:
    Spectate Botmatch

Version:
    Release 2

Compatibility:
    UT3 v2.0, but probably works with any UT3 version.

Description:
    Ever wondered why UT3 doesn't allow you to spectate bot matches?
    Well, so did I and then I remembered a mutator by Mychaeel for UT2003 called "Spectate Botmatch". Mych's mutator provides a few nice features, but I only ported the basic idea - spectating a bot match.

Comments:
    This mutator is only meant to be used offline and probably only makes sense to mappers who want to check their map's bot support without any human interferences.

Credits:
    The original a mutator like this was created by Mychaeel for UT2003.
    While testing UT3 Jailbreak maps, DannyMeister pointed out that it would be nice to spectate bots without actually being present as a player in the match.
    And finally tarquin digged out the old UTJB3 forums and I found the thread where Mychaeel posted a release candidate of his mutator.

Thanks guys.

Homepage:
    http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/

Download:
    Link

Usage
    Just add the mutator to any offline match to start in spectator mode.
    When active, the mutator adds the following key combinations:

Shift + B
    Toggles behind view.
    (This is the same as the built-in command "BehindView".)

Shift + D
    Toggles debug display mode. The HUD will display debug information about the currently specated object. While spectating a bot, its view focus and movement route cache is rendered as 3D lines in the level.
    (This is the same as the built-in command "ShowDebug".)

Shift + F
    Freezes the game while still allowing you to move. Press it again to unfreeze.
    (This is the same as the built-in command "PlayersOnly".)

Shift + H
    Toggles the HUD.
    (This is the same as the built-in command "ShowHud".)

Shift + S
    Toggles "soaking" mode. When enabled and a bot somehow gets stuck, the game is paused and your view jumps to the bot that got stuck. Can be useful for debugging bot pathing problems.
    (If you want to move around after a "soak stop", you can first freeze, then unpause the game.)

Additionally the following built-in UT3 features are available as usual while spectating:

"PrevWeapon", "NextWeapon" (usually mouse wheel up/down)
    Spectate the next/previous player.

Fire (usually left mouse button) or "ViewObjective"
    View objective. Here "objective" epends on the gametype. In gametypes without any objectives this is the player with the highest score. In CTF and Warfare this toggles between the flag/orb carriers.

AltFire (usually right mouse button)
    Return to free-flight view.

To view a specific bot, use the command "ViewPlayerByName <name>", where <name> is the full (case-insensitive) name of the bot to spectate. Alternatively you can just "scroll though" the bots using the next or prev weapon key.

Sweet! This will help me out a ton on my map. Thanks!

Comment

Nice, thanks Wormbo!

: )

Comment

Thanks Wormbo.

Since Epic has locked up the Navigation AI reference on UDN can anyone also remind me of the console command to view AI to go along with this?

Comment

Ho, good It will be very useful

THX for the port dude

Comment

can't you just hold "control" while clicking the "Play in Editor" button. o.o

Comment

Try that with a map for a custom gametype - it won't launch that gametype.

Also, I've just added a few useful features not even play-in-editor offers.

Comment

Wormbo hit the nail on the head. Ctrl-PIE does little for Greed design. I am sure that other modded gametypes would suffer the same difficulties. I know of no way to run a mutator in PIE.

Have to re-DL and install to pick up the extra functionality you added, Wormbo, but is definitely worth it. The addition of the text guide in the OP is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by MapMonkey View Post
                  Thanks Wormbo.

Since Epic has locked up the Navigation AI reference on UDN can anyone also remind me of the console command to view AI to go along with this?
                  ShowAllAI?

Comment

I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I been asking Epic many times and waited long long time for this !!!
                    taking action screenshot much easy now !
                    Epic should pay you

only one more asking is can you make every left click to swich bot is more happy

Comment

RTFM!
                      Left click (fire) = switch to leader or flag/orb carrier.
                      Use prev/next weapon (mouse wheel up/down) to switch between bots.

Comment

Usefull stuff, thx !

Comment

Works perfect...much appreciated mate

Comment

oh thank you !

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                            RTFM!
                            Left click (fire) = switch to leader or flag/orb carrier.
                            Use prev/next weapon (mouse wheel up/down) to switch between bots.
                            omg I didnt use mouse wheel
                            my favorite taking screenshot really easy and fun now
                            thank you again !

Comment

thanks for this, great work.

Comment

Working...
                              X