Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-DarkMess - DM-DarkMatch conversion [GREED] [PS3] [PC]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-DarkMess - DM-DarkMatch conversion [GREED] [PS3] [PC]

Name: CTF-DarkMess
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: Titan Pack
    Description: DM-DarkMatch converted to CTF for Greed

Download:
    PC: CTF-DarkMess
    PS3: CTF-DarkMess

Comments: A simple conversion of Darkmatch from the Titan Pack for Greed. The map is small, 3on3 or 4on4 recommended. Normal capture the flag not recommended as the flag bases are too close together, Greed gametype only.

Changes from DM:
    # Added flag bases near Rocket Launcher by the two power coils
    # Added team spawns and Enforcer to outside ring of map
    # Moved Flak, Shock Rifle and Shield Belt
    # Created a partition on outer ring to separate spawns
    # Optimised by reducing meshes in areas the player doesn't see

Screenshots:

[shot]http://i41.tinypic.com/2wm14yw.jpg[/shot] | [shot]http://i41.tinypic.com/2m7uao1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i39.tinypic.com/wjxguu.jpg[/shot] | [shot]http://i39.tinypic.com/2yuk5ys.jpg[/shot]

Credits: Epic and original author.

Never understood what was the point with the original Titan map; it was way too dark imo. I'll try this one, and I can but hope that you've tweaked the lightning a bit too...

Comment

Nope, lighting is exactly the same, if you don't like the original, you won't like this.
      It was called DarkMatch for a reason

Comment

nice works, thx for this map ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Firmament View Post
          Never understood what was the point with the original Titan map; it was way too dark imo. I'll try this one, and I can but hope that you've tweaked the lightning a bit too...
          I assume you never played dark match in Unreal 1 :P

Comment

omg you gotta get this on ps3 soon i played the dm version and gotta try this on ctf woo!!!

Comment

Don't ask me to do it, go ask somebody who can cook it for PS3 to do it.
              My PC crashes and creates an empty folder every time I try.

Comment

Got to say not a fan of the two bases being so close together. It can if not in a bot match make a huge choak point right at the bases and is a bit insane to the point you dont know who your shooting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                  Got to say not a fan of the two bases being so close together. It can if not in a bot match make a huge choak point right at the bases and is a bit insane to the point you dont know who your shooting at.
                  I don't mind it for most maps, though trying to remember the layout for this type of map (Dark Match) is a bit challenging. Since there are multiple routes to the bases and they are not at the exact same place, it works for me.

Thanks for the conversion and I added it to the Greed list.

Comment

Cheers Odedge, nice to see the list starting to fill out.

This map is pretty Marmite, either you love it or hate it. The way I see it is it fills a hole, it's nice to play a completely weird map every now and then. And since it's a stock map, it also looks beautiful too.

Comment

Originally posted by ekyman View Post
                      Cheers Odedge, nice to see the list starting to fill out.

This map is pretty Marmite, either you love it or hate it. The way I see it is it fills a hole, it's nice to play a completely weird map every now and then. And since it's a stock map, it also looks beautiful too.
                      I agree. After my current map is done, I am thinking of converting my previous maps to work with the new game types. I also may convert some stock maps for Greed.

Comment

Oops, forgot to mention that the first post was updated with a PS3 cook. Courtesy of euchreplayer23.

Comment

Working...
                        X