WAR-Maelstrom]i[ [PC][Pics][FINAL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Maelstrom]i[ [PC][Pics][FINAL]

[shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/MaelstromRC2-1.jpg[/shot]
    Name: WAR-Maelstrom]i[
    Version: 1.0 Final
    Compatibility: Patch 2.0
    Description: This is a remake of a UT2004 ONS map by Hunter Wiebush. Maelstrom features 23 intermediate nodes between the two cores. Each node constructs twice as fast as normal nodes, but are destroyed twice as fast as well. This change, coupled with the number of nodes results in massive alterations to gameplay mechanics. WAR-Maelstrom]l[ is like no other UT3 map made - it is a new kind of Warfare.

There are three link setups available with this map. The default setup includes a mixture of Axon and Necris vehicles. Default also has orb spawners at all center nodes. Classic delivers just what it promises. It has the same vehicle loadout as the 2004 version and no orbs. The NoVehicles setup of course has no vehicles and also no orbs.

Comments:
    In 2004 turrets could not strike nodes. In UT3, they can. So to keep the turrets in the map, I had to block line of sight from the turrets to the nodes.

Known bugs:
    -Bots won't use teleporters and consequently Raptors.
    -Bots get stuck leaving the base. They find their way out eventually though.

*Note: This map REQUIRES ConfigPowerNode.u. Keep that in mind if you distribute this map.

Screenshot:
    [shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/MaelRC1-3.jpg[/shot][shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/MaelRC2-1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/MaelRC2-2.jpg[/shot][shot]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/bclagge/MaelRC2-3.jpg[/shot]

Credits:
    Epic
    Hunter Wiebush - The creator of the original
    Remus - The creator of the beautiful skydome texture
    CaptainSnarf - The creator of the ConfigPowerNodes
    MapMonkey - A veritable font of UE3 knowledge
    Oldskool0482 and Empty Soul for listening to me yammer on about maps
    Zeus for all the feedback
    Much of BGE for helping with play testing

Homepage: www.clan-bge.com

Download: www.clan-bge.com/Downloads/WAR-Maelstroml.zip
    Filefront: Thanks for deleting my map Filefront.

wow man let hope this map have more feature than the one i played on ut2k4 but it nice to see a remake of this map on a greater ut game

Comment

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. I loved this map in 2k4! If you want more goodies play the default link setup - it has more vehicles and powerups. The Classic link setup is true to the original.

Comment

Should have a link on the last page of your beta thread.

Comment

Jesus! I dunno if my machine can even run this monster. Looks fun though, and the changes sound interesting.

Comment

Great Map one off my favs IN ut2k4 and one off my favs in UT3 and thats just playing the betas off it

Nice work M8

Edit and compressed its just under 50MB \o/ that means it will go into our map profile thats under 50MB

Comment

Nice work again.
              thx for this really good map

Comment

Surprising that the file is so small taking into account the huge map size !

Pics are very nice I didn't have the time to play any things recently but I wanted to say that I add the map to my ***WAR finals*** thread (see my sign)

THX

Comment

awesome remake, great job Brett! I'm wondering how this map would play with the titan? I'm thinking it might be pretty cool...

this is definitely one of the top quality ONS remakes...

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus... View Post
                    Great Map one off my favs IN ut2k4 and one off my favs in UT3 and thats just playing the betas off it

Nice work M8

Edit and compressed its just under 50MB \o/ that means it will go into our map profile thats under 50MB
                    Nice! Yeah, I'm happy with the file size too. Some of these maps are humongous. I think this map brings a good medium between visual appeal and file size. Glad you enojy it.

Originally posted by Sbouby View Post
                    Nice work again.
                    thx for this really good map
                    Thanks for your support bud.

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                    Surprising that the file is so small taking into account the huge map size !

Pics are very nice I didn't have the time to play any things recently but I wanted to say that I add the map to my ***WAR finals*** thread (see my sign)

THX
                    Thanks Steve! I appreciate that very much.

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                    awesome remake, great job Brett! I'm wondering how this map would play with the titan? I'm thinking it might be pretty cool...

this is definitely one of the top quality ONS remakes...
                    Thanks Sanchez, that means a lot coming from you. Your ONS remakes are some of the most beautiful and well balanced Warfare maps available for UT3. I used your maps as the measure when working on this one, and I don't quite think it's quite up to par.

Comment

Looks like an awesome map! Just loaded it up on the gameservers.net redirect and got it loaded on my server.. If anyone wants to see how the Titan mutator does on this level, it's running on my server

My server is listed in the browser as HaTaX's Warfare UT3 Server, and if you can't find it:
                      hatax.hopto.org:7777

I did notice alot of this from the server while the map was running:
                      Code:
                      Log: WARNING!!! - negative weight 0 from UTTeleporterCustomMesh_11 to UTTeleporterCustomMesh_9 (ReachSpec_16804)
                      Log: WARNING!!! - negative weight 0 from UTTeleporterCustomMesh_10 to UTTeleporterCustomMesh_8 (ReachSpec_16779)
                      Log: WARNING!!! - negative weight 0 from UTTeleporterCustomMesh_11 to UTTeleporterCustomMesh_9 (ReachSpec_16804)
                      Log: WARNING!!! - negative weight 0 from UTTeleporterCustomMesh_10 to UTTeleporterCustomMesh_8 (ReachSpec_16779)
                      And the file size is great! Takes less then 30 seconds to download all the needed files off the redirect.

Comment

Woohoo its DONE!

Thanks a million Sos again for converting it, its a very fun map when you got a full server.

Comment

Thanks Oldie.

Hatax - I'm glad you enjoy it! I'm familiar with that error, as I got it while building the map. I didn't realize it was an error that would repeat itself after the map was published. What causes it is I have a number of teleporters that occupy the same location. For different link setups I activate and deactivate them so that they can have different destinations. The NV setup ports you right on top of the building and the other setups port you to where the Raptors are. Since the teleporters are never activated at the same time, it should never cause a problem. Except, of course, for the server giving you a bunch of error codes. Let me know if it actually causes an issue.

Comment

Hey bclagge!

I played this map in ut2k4 and for ut3 too! Great memories brought me!
                            Anyway I saw in some place speciifically on several trees, when I cover me from a tree bullets ( stinger for example ) that enemy shoot me across that tree ( i dont remember which tree im talking of this map is too big! ), also i can walk inside the tree and another several in other places, I think there's issue collision or maybe you could add bloking volumes?

Anyway great port to ut3!

Comment

oh hell yes

Comment

Working...
                              X