No announcement yet.

CTF-Facing Worlds - Classic [PC][FINAL][PICS][DL]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a look at the map, that was simply awesome hi-ban, sooo thank you, this is how epic should've made the map to begin with. i've only had a quick look, but the only thing that i noticed straight away that could be improved was that the planet didn't seem very round at all, there were jagged lines around the outline of the planet, whereas the moon looked perfectly circular, so i'm assuming it can be easily rectified.

edit: you can even see it in the 3rd screenshot of the 1st post.

Comment

Code:
      Running: UT3.exe CookPackages -platform=PS3 CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic -alwaysRecookmaps -alwaysRecookScript -user -installed -usermodname=CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic -updateInisAuto -usermodtype=Map
      [COMMANDLET STARTED]

Init: Version: 3797
      Init: Epic Internal: 0
      Init: Compiled: Mar  3 2009 09:17:05
      Init: Command line:  -platform=PS3 CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic -alwaysRecookmaps -alwaysRecookScript -user -installed -usermodname=CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic -updateInisAuto -usermodtype=Map
      Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\
      Init: Character set: Unicode
      Log: Executing Class Editor.CookPackagesCommandlet
      Log: GConfig::Find has loaded file:  ..\Engine\Localization\int\Editor.int
      UserModType: Map(1)
      StaticMeshActors will be removed from cooked files.
      Static Light actors will be removed from cooked files.
      Loading base level ..\UTGame\CookedPC\Script\CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic.ut3
      Warning, Map (CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic) references editor only content: 'StaticMesh EditorMeshes.TexPropCube'! This will not load in-game!!
      Warning, Map (CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic) references editor only content: 'StaticMesh EditorMeshes.TexPropPlane'! This will not load in-game!!
      Error, Filename 'GuidCache_CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic' is too long; this may interfere with cooking for consoles.  Unreal filenames should be no longer than 30 characters.
      Skipping shader cache ..\UTGame\CookedPC\RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM2.upk
      Skipping shader cache ..\UTGame\CookedPC\RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk
      Skipping shader cache ..\UTGame\CookedPC\RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM4.upk
      Cooking ASC_Face
      Cooking [Seekfree] CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic
      Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Explode01c
      Reason: SCE_PS3_ROOT envvar is not set! Run the PS3\InstallSDK script to install the SDK.

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Explode01b
      Reason: SCE_PS3_ROOT envvar is not set! Run the PS3\InstallSDK script to install the SDK.

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Explode01a

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_FlyLoop02

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Raise02

TotalTime                                 686.27 seconds
        LoadSectionPackages                       0.00 seconds
        LoadNativePackages                        1.24 seconds
        LoadDependencies                         31.82 seconds
        LoadPackages                              8.98 seconds
        LoadPerMapPackages                        0.00 seconds
        LoadCombinedStartupPackages               0.00 seconds
        CookTime;                                 9.81 seconds
          CookPhysics                             2.26 seconds
          CookTexture                             6.65 seconds
          CookSound                               0.27 seconds
          CookMovie                               0.00 seconds
          CookStrip                               0.03 seconds
          CookSkeletalMesh                        0.00 seconds
          CookStaticMesh                          0.59 seconds
        PackageSave                              12.84 seconds
        PrepareForSaving                        586.41 seconds
          PrepareForSavingTexture                 0.02 seconds
          PrepareForSavingTerrain                 0.00 seconds
          PrepareForSavingMaterial              565.48 seconds
          PrepareForSavingMaterialInstance       20.90 seconds
        CollectGarbageAndVerify                   0.71 seconds

Warning/Error Summary
      ---------------------
      Error, Filename 'GuidCache_CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic' is too long; this may interfere with cooking for consoles.  Unreal filenames should be no longer than 30 characters.
      Warning, Map (CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic) references editor only content: 'StaticMesh EditorMeshes.TexPropCube'! This will not load in-game!!
      Warning, Map (CTF-FacingWorlds-Classic) references editor only content: 'StaticMesh EditorMeshes.TexPropPlane'! This will not load in-game!!
      Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Explode01c

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Explode01b

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Explode01a

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_FlyLoop02

Warning, Cooking simple sound failed: A_Weapon_Redeemer.Redeemer.A_Weapon_Redeemer_Raise02

Failure - 1 error(s), 7 warning(s)

Execution of commandlet took:  686.74 seconds

[COMMANDLET FINISHED]
      In order to do a PS3 with the latest set of tools. Every single map and or .upk must be uncooked for it to cook properly for the PS3. If you look in the above log you will see that is tries and succeed in cooking "ASC_Face". In my set up, I uncooked that file myself for another project. When I tried to cooked (for the PS3) with a cooked "ASC_Face.upk" the editor crashed. So that maybe some peoples problems with cooking the new titan stuff or the 1st map pack stuff.

Comment

@ w3rm: yeh silly me, don't know how i missed that, thanks.
        @ euchreplayer23: thanks for the ps3 cook, much appreciated.
        @ hi-ban: again thanks for the map mate, but a fix for the jagged outline of the planet is much needed...

Comment

I know this makes me sound like a noob, but I can't download the file. When I click that link it just reroutes me to the front page. Am I doing anything wrong?

Comment

I cant check the file at the moment but I'm wondering is the sky spinning like the origonal?

Comment

Yep. The sky is spinning.
              It seems that filefront is no longer hosting files, so i will reupload the current version to a different site. Anyway, i'm redoing lighting again because some people think it ís a bit overbright. Also, i'm changing some light types to obtain more realistic shadows, so i will update it next week.

EDIT: Dowload link now working. check first post.

Comment

That is a brilliant looking Map, do you have a link for the PS3 version as File front seems to be down?

Comment

One request before you release the less brightened version. On the ut99 and ut2k4 versions on the inside pillars to the left of the flag and on the reverse side, there used to be fire on those pillars and it gave a defenders a chance to "hide" but they removed it for UT3 for some reason, mind adding fire and some kind of holder for it back in?

Comment

Better than the wierd one we got at first, the 'earth' has 'tagonal lines, apart from that, hats off, good job! A fav for sure

Comment

I just gave the PS3 cooked version a try, I think a much earlier beta version of this was cooked because the ground textures look completely different from the screenshots and there's barely any ground behind the temples. The ground is very bright on this version, and the spinning sky is distracting. It's great to have facing worlds in space again, I'm just hoping euchre can cook the final version because the screenshots look amazing. Thank you hi-ban!!

Comment

put it on ut3mod.com. u download it directly 2 da PS3. its the only way i can get ma mods. (and PSN)

Comment

The red teams ground textures are a little bright while the blue teams ground is dark. But I think that is because the bright planet in the background. I don't think it supposed to be very large land behind the bases.

PS3 Zip file
                          http://www.mediafire.com/file/tykyd0...ClassicPS3.zip
                          Direct Download
                          http://www.mediafire.com/file/yew22kd5dmy/USERDATA.JAM

Comment

I'm thinking about changing the music and put the original Foregone Destruction track instead of the current dynamic music, as someone requested. What do you think?

Comment

I think thats a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by hi-ban View Post
                                I'm thinking about changing the music and put the original Foregone Destruction track instead of the current dynamic music, as someone requested. What do you think?

YES.

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
                                The red teams ground textures are a little bright while the blue teams ground is dark. But I think that is because the bright planet in the background. I don't think it supposed to be very large land behind the bases.
                                Agreed. The colors seem kind of off. In particular, the ground textures look too green from behind the red base. I think if you use a more neutral light color on that side, it would look better. The ground textures should also match the asteroids, so I'd suggest switch both to the same reddish texture. And of course, the blue side should be brighter as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X