X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-GoldDigger_SE [PC] [New Version!]

Name: VCTF-GoldDigger_SE
    Version: 1.1
    Compatibility: UT3 2.1 - Compatible with VCTF, Greed, and the Titan mutator!

Description: Your company had JUST FINISHED installing all the buildings, hardware, and machinery to start mining this this apparently very lucrative rock orbiting a distant moon. That's when, out of freaking nowhere, your biggest competition showed up, set up a matching base right across the dig point from you, and started digging. OH HELL NO! Fight for the right to dig! Finders keepers, beyotch!

Comments: I've been working on this map for what has to have been like five months, easily. Crazy stuff to see it finally done! There are so many small touches provided either by myself or by my UT3 friends that I'm so happy with. I hope you guys like it as much as I enjoyed working on it!

Features:
    -A moon, from Remus' Solar System Texture pack.
    -Shooting stars (thanks bclagge)
    -A half-hour custom soundtrack
    -Slideshow preview image in map browser
    -Team-colored jump pads
    -Other fun stuff.

Updates since 1.0:
    -All the updates put into this map for the MSUC contest
    -Some new meshes
    -Fixed collision in some of the underground rocks, so you can't hide in them with the flag anymore!

Screenshot:

Credits: Oh man. So many people to thank! The initial map idea was mine, but this map really was a community project. So much input and help from other people. So's_your_face (bclagge) for the fantastic lighting job, Comador for the professional-looking minimap, Cherries_On_Top for the rough base design, OldSkool0482 and EmptySoul for the underground idea (even though it was a joke at the time haha), everyone at the BGE UT3 team for bringing the laughs night after night, everyone at UTF for being the most supportive clan in the world after I had posted like my 26th Beta, my girlfriend for dealing with me and my OCD mapping.

Homepage: http://www.utforce.com
    Download:
    PC: http://www.filefront.com/14463071/VC...dDigger_SE.zip
    PS3: anyone want to cook this for me?

Everything you've put out so far has been top notch and with all the community support behind this I can't wait to playtest it.

Comment

I'm getting a report that a server crashed when switching to this map. I have no idea why this would be happening, but is anyone else capable of reproducing this?

EDIT: Nevermind, we re-uploaded the map on the server, and it's working great now!

Comment

Will download shortly. Nice work Void.

Comment

sweet the map is final downloading

Comment

Another awesome BGE map The music is AWESOME Not everybody likes custom music but you did a great job!

Just when you thought you've seen this map there is a whole underground level to it. The screen shots do NOT do this map justice. There is a lot more going on in this map than can be gleaned from the screen shots.

I think the stealth bender might be a bit too much In a competitive match I can imagine both sides having xray over the flag spawner + spidermines everywhere. It could be a tough camping battle.

Comment

Thanks Snarf.

I know what you mean about the stealth bender, could be interesting. There are a few EMP's mid-level that might be used to counteract it. I dunno. It's going to be interesting watching the strategies develop.

Now then. Get whoever is in charge of your Greed server to get this map on there!

Comment

wow, one of the best maps ever!

and music is fine, too.
                Could you give the credit for the music used in this level? I like some of it and I'd like know what I'm hearing to.

Comment

Hey thanks!

And yeah no problem, here's the setlist:

1) Hybrid - Last Man Standing
                  2) Juno Reactor - Mona Lisa Overdrive V2
                  3) Leftfield - Space Shanty
                  4) Andy Hunter - Come On
                  5) Pendulum - Slam

Glad you're enjoying the map. I finally got to play it on a full server today and MAN... its hard to get that flag out of the base if you don't have a competent teammate... or boots... or both...

Comment

great vctf map, bump-a-roo

Comment

Hi Guys...

I need to download this map... but the link no work...

Please, let me now where i can download it...

Thanks...

Comment

Sorry about that, here's the fixed link:
                        http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Gold.../fileinfo.html

Updated the original post as well.

Also, with the MSUC deadline tomorrow, expect a Special Edition of this map in about a week or so.

Comment

Hope you do well in the MSUC Void

Comment

GoldDigger_SE released!!!!

Updates since 1.0:
                            -All the updates put into this map for the MSUC contest
                            -Some new meshes
                            -Fixed collision in some of the underground rocks, so you can't hide in them with the flag anymore!

Download:
                            PC: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Gold.../fileinfo.html
                            PS3: Anyone want to cook this for me?

Comment

Links is gone don't work at all filefront.

Comment

Working...
                              X