Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-GRD-Arena (pic download) (FOR GREED)UPDATED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-GRD-Arena (pic download) (FOR GREED)UPDATED

Name:Greed-Arena (This is not a CTF map)
    Version:
    Compatibility:Patch2.0 and Titanpack. PC and PS3.
    Description:This is a converted Deathmatch for Greed. Both teams take their skulls to the centre of the Arena.
    Comments:I thought this would be some fast paced fun. As always please leave me feedback.
    Screenshot:

Credits:
    Homepage:
    Download:http://hosted.filefront.com/diesalott

ooh, custom greed map. interesting idea! i'll add it to the server and see how it plays.

...but only ten minutes later binky was back...

i copied to server & redirect, logged on to the server: download of the map no problem, but then got a message saying:

Connection Failed
    Downloading package A_Music_GoDown failed: Error moving file.

...i wanna play this map! lol

Comment

I have fixed these files and uploaded them to filefront.

Hope you have no more problems.

Comment

sweet! downloading now, will post soon. thx.

...but only ten minutes later binky was back...

so now it downloads the last remaining file i need to log on and THEN it gives me a message saying:

Connection Failed
        Downloading package A_Music_GoDown failed: Error moving file.

i wiped my cache, reloaded UT3 and tried again but got same message.

Comment

I dont understand this m8.

Godown came with UT3

Comment

could be me, i'll try rebooting the computer and see how it goes from there.

l8r

yeh, rebooted, flushed the cache, same problem... still not convinced it isn't me, u might wanna wait til others post here.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_binky View Post
              could be me, i'll try rebooting the computer and see how it goes from there.

l8r

yeh, rebooted, flushed the cache, same problem... still not convinced it isn't me, u might wanna wait til others post here.
              Are you trying to get the map from a dedicated server? I just tired it from downloading the actual map and played against the bots. Was able to play a few rounds in a row fine.

@diesalot This was the first time playing the map in Greed. I like how you placed both conduits in the center with that large rotating skull. Very cool. If you do have to make another "version" of the map... The only thing I would suggest is possibly placing the team starts a bit further back. Or maybe placing the weapons further back?

Right now there is constant action, so that's good if you like that. But my main concern is that most of the action and activity takes placing in the very middle of the map. The other parts of the map aren't seen that much.

Comment

@Odedge...thanks m8. Im thinking the same thing...but there is few places to place items ..will work on this ...
                Glad it works for you...was thinking it was me.

Comment

Are you trying to get the map from a dedicated server?
                  yeh i always check out maps from server-side.

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_binky View Post
                    yeh i always check out maps from server-side.
                    Hmm, try downloading the map from here and play an instant action game with only this map. Try to play two rounds in a row.

Comment

It's not you Binky, I loaded it on my server and had the same result.

I too always check my custom maps this way, if the other players can't download it and play then it's useless on the server.

Comment

Ive started again with this map. I think it still had a custom music file.
                        Hopefully that was the problem. Recooked with patch 2.0 and titan pack.
                        Sorry guys hope you have no more problems.

Also a layout change for more of a team feel.

Comment

So is the download updated as of now, or are you still revising the map?

Comment

Its updated as of 10 am m8.

Comment

ok i checked it out and yeh whatever the problem was its gone now. thx!

BAD NEWS
                              so i played it and within a minute i could see an interesting problem; one which has nothing to do with u: Titan mutator on a centralized map.

once a team starts to spawn Titans it tends to keep spawning them and its all downhill from there for the other team; very difficult to do anything when ur spawnkilled from Titans whacking the ground constantly... i have no problem with the strategy evil tho it is, but the game "breaks" given how close the spawnpoints and skulldropoff box are: u spawn u die other team has 1 player capping... i saw this with bots, so for sure humans will do the same.

GOOD NEWS
                              in spite of that, the idea of a centralized dropoff for the skulls is GREAT and should be explored big time. the effect it has on gameplay is awesome, tho also evil.

it's exactly like dropping concentric gridlines down. the closer u get to the dropoff the more bots and players do terrible things to each other. it's great.

GRD-ARENA REVIEW
                              what Odedge said, mostly.

1) i think the spawnpoints should be moved the maximum distance from each other possible; that would certainly be a start as this is quite a small map given the gameplay style.

2) its gonna be a spamfest regardless of bots or humans playing. give players all ammo each spawn. no-one has time to search; starting with a pistol when someone has a rocket on a map that small is gonna cause frustration.

3) or dumb it down by giving only one kind of ammo (i think that idea sucks (all ammo!) but thought i should mention it)

OPINION
                              maps with spawn points far enough away from the skulldropbox that Titanism can't effect both simultaneously would solve the bad news.

maps with bits of wall to hide behind when Titanism occurs (can u hide from a Titan blast? or does it go thru everything?) nearer the dropbox would be good, tho a completely-open-line-of-sight-area surrounding it would ALSO be a lot of fun in a truly-evil kinda way. (if u havent figured it out, my personal enthusiasm is to encourage evil in games; spectating other gamers as they experience this is a great way to kill an evening)

CONCLUSION
                              forcing both teams to go THE SAME LOCATION now seems obvious: far better than separate locations (less conflict) as its done now (except vctf-hostility!). its a really good idea. dunno if its urs or lifted from another game... but it's great.

without titan this might work, but those weaponstarts kinda suck too; or maybe i'm too impatient to look for the locker with my rockets

anyway, thx for taking the time yestre to fixing that problem so i could play... great idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X