Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-RB-Gray Matter [UPDATED V1.1]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-RB-Gray Matter [UPDATED V1.1]

Name: DM-RB-Gray Matter
    Version:1.1
    Compatibility:V 2.0 and Titan Pack
    Player count: 16 -32

UPDATE V1.1

-tweaked lighting
    -animated floating check pieces
    -added more detail to the background: planets asteroids etc.

Description:

A large map set in a surreal environment. With floating islands, weird deformed builings and a scorcing red dwarf star in the background. All weapons present, 3 powerups: berserk, invisibility and slow field. Custom sounds, meshes and textures.

DM-RB-1on1-Gray Matter is also included in the zip file. This is a smaller version wich features only the interior of the museum bulding.

Music:"You have the power" - by Trevor Jones (Dark City OST)

Screenshots:

Flythrough of the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXE7u...e=channel_page

DOWNLOAD

Reminds me of American Mcgee's Alice for some reason :S
    Especially Picture 6.
    Downloading now XD

Comment

Looks great! I love your maps! Will download soon.

Comment

Just tried it with a bot TDM. It's very good!
        The visual style is unique but also very playable. Plenty of actions going on, and including redeemer, invisibility and slow field makes good gameplay. I think with some polish (like addind some moving parts in the map)this will be a worthy contestant of MSUC.

Comment

wow that map look good
          a other 1 too at too mp list of best looking map

Comment

Very nice works,
            Great visuals really good job for that.
            Thx for this release.

Comment

As always, great work, I'm downloading this too. Why hasn't Epic offered you a job yet? :P

Comment

Looks good, but I don't know about it's playability.

Comment

oooo
                  Been waiting for this, downloading now. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz2k7 View Post
                    Looks good, but I don't know about it's playability.
                    Care to be more specific?

Anyway, thanks for the replies guys. Should I try to cook this for the PS3? Has the titan pack been released?

Comment

YES PLEASE!!! would love to check this out on PS3.

The 2.0 patch has been released but the Titan Pack isn't released till thursday. I don't know if this map needs the Titan Pack or just the patch for it to work.

Comment

Love the map Remus!
                        It has real style with a surreal atmosphere. The music choice really adds to the overall feel of the map. Nice touch of detail with the customized death message by falling & the customized portals.
                        It's not without it quirks though and I'll share the few things that I didn't like:
                        1) Poor framerate when looking across the map. This is understandable with so much to be seen given the layout and "floating island" style.
                        2) Too many enforcer pickups. Seriously. This is more a personal preference than a real problem but I felt like I was always picking up and extra enforcer around every other corner.
                        3) Tight narrow doorways. This would be my overall main gripe with the map. I would often find myself "hung up" on the narrow doorways when trying to run through them.
                        4) Had a bug once when I fell and landed on an invisible floor which made it look like I was laying in mid air or the bottom of the skydome. Only happened once though.
                        5) Noticed bots falling quite often, especially while holding the slow firld pickup.

Other than these few things the map is ace and is a blast to play. Its a keeper. You have serious artistic talent and can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Awesome job!
                        -SRH

Comment

Originally posted by Crynyd View Post
                          YES PLEASE!!! would love to check this out on PS3.

The 2.0 patch has been released but the Titan Pack isn't released till thursday. I don't know if this map needs the Titan Pack or just the patch for it to work.
                          OK I'll give it a shot later today.

Originally posted by SmokeRingHalo View Post
                          1) Poor framerate when looking across the map. This is understandable with so much to be seen given the layout and "floating island" style.
                          2) Too many enforcer pickups. Seriously. This is more a personal preference than a real problem but I felt like I was always picking up and extra enforcer around every other corner.
                          3) Tight narrow doorways. This would be my overall main gripe with the map. I would often find myself "hung up" on the narrow doorways when trying to run through them.
                          4) Had a bug once when I fell and landed on an invisible floor which made it look like I was laying in mid air or the bottom of the skydome. Only happened once though.
                          5) Noticed bots falling quite often, especially while holding the slow firld pickup.

Other than these few things the map is ace and is a blast to play. Its a keeper. You have serious artistic talent and can't wait to see what you have in store for us next. Awesome job!
                          -SRH
                          1) The frame rate isn't the best but, my main goal with this map was to make it as good looking as I could so poor performance was expected from the start.
                          2) I suppose 3 enforcer pickups is a bit overkill, but I'm fine with it.

3) Well, I tried to make the doorways (especially in the floating house) to be "normal" sized, I didn't want everything to look like you were in some giant's home. Did you get hung up on the door frame mesh?
                          4) Could you tell me where exactly this happened? Sounds weird, I don't remember leaving an "stray" blocking volumes or anything like that.
                          5) Hmm, didn't notice this while playing. Do they tend to fall in any specific spots outside?

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
                            3) Well, I tried to make the doorways (especially in the floating house) to be "normal" sized, I didn't want everything to look like you were in some giant's home. Did you get hung up on the door frame mesh?
                            4) Could you tell me where exactly this happened? Sounds weird, I don't remember leaving an "stray" blocking volumes or anything like that.
                            5) Hmm, didn't notice this while playing. Do they tend to fall in any specific spots outside?
                            3) That's what I'm assuming, either that or they're just very difficult to navigate for a compulsive dodge-jumper. It feels like I'm getting hung up though.
                            4) Not really. I believe it happened on my very first fall death when I first tried the map. Not sure where I was exactly as I was still learning the layout.
                            Hasn't happened since so maybe it was a fluke?
                            5) Again, not sure. Probably somewhere near the slow field. Its the reason I noticed them falling because they stand out while using it.

Still its the most fun I've had on a custom map in some time.
                            Oh and mad props on the skybox material, it took me some time before I realized the stars were "alive" and twinkling. Very nice!

Comment

wow looks amazing !

I love beautiful map like this !!
                              I just play this 2 maps but DM-RB-Gray_Matter crush my game my desktop turn to black and error report pop up
                              sorry dont know how to copy report
                              DM-RB-1on1-Gray_Matter is no problem to play looks really nice and fun to play

Comment

Working...
                              X