Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Aftermath FINALV2[PICS][D/L][PC & PS3][81/100]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic DM-Aftermath FINALV2[PICS][D/L][PC & PS3][81/100]

DM-Aftermath FINALV2[PICS][D/L][PC & PS3][81/100]

DM-Aftermath FINAL

Version:
    FINALV2
    Compatibility:
    V2.0 - PS3 Version hopefully fixed.
    Authors notes:
    Much has changed from the early stage; I have changed the layout by a huge amount for more Z Axis Fighting, as Odedge made it clear to me how important it really is, I have completley removed the darkwalker, so no unfair advantages and no vehicles. After the Titan Pack came out recently, I have played this map a HUGE amount in splitscreen with friends. It works quite well and I am happy with what I have now. (The Titan mutator also works very well)
    Description:
    An axon city than has been overrun and damaged by a necris attack.
    Screenshot:

Credits:

Myself - Mapping
    Epic Games - For UT3, UED3 and all the content.
    Hourences - For tutorials and a sample readme file
    Lord PorkSword - For the name "Aftermath"
    Odedge - HUGE amount of beta testing and help along the way. Thanks a heap man!
    Xplosivgt - Inspiration and ideas.
    The Demon Slick - PS3 Cook. Thanks a heap for this man! (Cooked with the new patch)

IMPORTANT: This is quite a large map so pay attention to the playercount (32 reccomended)

DOWNLOAD PC (MEDIAFIRE)

DOWNLOAD PS3 (MEDIAFIRE)

DOWNLOAD PC (GAME-MAPS.NET)

DOWNLOAD PS3 (GAME-MAPS.NET)

Recieved a 81/100 from UtUnlimited.
    See review here.

Changelog (FINAL V2):
    Fixed water issue with fallback texture.
    One mesh now properly placed to fix gap in walkway.
    Grass now has NO collision, so now it does not block bullets.
    One jump pad fixed as it jumped into the top part of a wall if back was held.

Changelog (FINAL):
    Lighting slightly changed.
    More jumppads added for better movement.
    Some "boring" areas revistited and improved.
    The destroyed paladin now has collsion.
    Bots are now smarter.
    Bots should use the sniper tower as a sniping point.
    Health vials added in the hallway (longer one) with the Udamage.
    Small "ramp" underneath the Udamage in the hallway (longer one) to make it less 'flat'.
    Some meshes that overlapped each other now fit better.

Changelog (BETA2):
    Removed the tenticles.
    Removed the Big Keg o Heath that was next to the Beserk.
    Replaced stair material with a non 'wet' one.
    Replaced the 'wall' material with a non 'wet' one and doubled the size (of the material).
    Moved the blocking volumes to more precise locations, all collision issues 'should' be fixed.
    Increased the playerstarts to 32
    Changed the meshes on the roof (to a vent, which I found in the dark depths of the environment folder).
    Made the 'walls' near the beserk shorter.
    Changed the footstep sounds for all the meshes.
    Removed the duplicate Skydome.
    Added some extra foliage.

Please rate the thread.

• replied
    No, there are no objections. Feel free to do so.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1479
    PS3: http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1480

Updated on game-maps now.

Any objections if i add this to a mappack?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Works beautifully on PS3 now. I freakin love this map, even with only PS3s 16 player count. One of my new favorites... Thanks 4 the hard work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey!
    Thanks for the reply! I thought the PS3 version was completely fixed. The pc version is fine, but as I do not have a PS3 and it was not me who cooked PS3 I have absolutely no idea if it works O.K. I was relying on feedback from other PS3 owners, who said it was fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beautiful map on PS3! Nice map, I enjoy playing it...

...Buy, I don't know about PC but on PS3 there is heavy duty ghosting everywhere... everything leaves trails... like playing on some psychadelic trip man

I actually have been ignoring it for the most part because I like the map and it mostly happens when you get any glimpse of the sky or background building etc.

I know you said that it was final, but just thought I'd let you know....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Odedge View Post
    I downloaded it just now and played the PC version and there is no "lighting needs to be rebuilt" message and the map plays fine.
    Same here....All OK.

Did I say thanks?...Nope ....So, now I do Beautiful map...thank you

Swifty

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Stuey95 View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem? The version I have now on my PC is fine and is the same one on the net right now. This is the very same version that was reviewed two weeks ago without mention of any problems...
    I downloaded it just now and played the PC version and there is no "lighting needs to be rebuilt" message and the map plays fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Has anyone else had this problem? The version I have now on my PC is fine and is the same one on the net right now. This is the very same version that was reviewed two weeks ago without mention of any problems...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using the PC version, the latest you released... I've re-installed the map, and I still have the same thing. That's really weird. Not too annoying I must admit, just weird

Anyway, whatever it may be, visuals aren't affected in any way, so I'll live with it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *FACEPALM*

Which version are you using? The PC or the PS3? From what I know the PC version should be fine...

I have played the PC version about 25 times in the last week with my mate and never had the problem.

EDIT: And for some reason the PS3 link is dead. What is going on?
    EDIT2: Nevermind it is ok now... my internet connection was being... silly...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Firmament View Post
    "Lightning needs to be re-built" is the message I had when playing the map last night From the beginning to the end of the match.
    Any idea what it could be?
    It means that something has changed since the last time the lighting was built. This can be a static mesh was moved a texture was changed, etc. While some of the time, it won't really notice, a "final" version shouldn't have that message on the screen.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Lightning needs to be re-built" is the message I had when playing the map last night From the beginning to the end of the match.
    Any idea what it could be?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *Bump for great map. WooHoo!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad you liked it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X