Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Aftermath FINALV2[PICS][D/L][PC & PS3][81/100]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Aftermath FINALV2[PICS][D/L][PC & PS3][81/100]

DM-Aftermath FINAL

Version:
    FINALV2
    Compatibility:
    V2.0 - PS3 Version hopefully fixed.
    Authors notes:
    Much has changed from the early stage; I have changed the layout by a huge amount for more Z Axis Fighting, as Odedge made it clear to me how important it really is, I have completley removed the darkwalker, so no unfair advantages and no vehicles. After the Titan Pack came out recently, I have played this map a HUGE amount in splitscreen with friends. It works quite well and I am happy with what I have now. (The Titan mutator also works very well)
    Description:
    An axon city than has been overrun and damaged by a necris attack.
    Screenshot:

Credits:

Myself - Mapping
    Epic Games - For UT3, UED3 and all the content.
    Hourences - For tutorials and a sample readme file
    Lord PorkSword - For the name "Aftermath"
    Odedge - HUGE amount of beta testing and help along the way. Thanks a heap man!
    Xplosivgt - Inspiration and ideas.
    The Demon Slick - PS3 Cook. Thanks a heap for this man! (Cooked with the new patch)

IMPORTANT: This is quite a large map so pay attention to the playercount (32 reccomended)

DOWNLOAD PC (MEDIAFIRE)

DOWNLOAD PS3 (MEDIAFIRE)

DOWNLOAD PC (GAME-MAPS.NET)

DOWNLOAD PS3 (GAME-MAPS.NET)

Recieved a 81/100 from UtUnlimited.
    See review here.

Changelog (FINAL V2):
    Fixed water issue with fallback texture.
    One mesh now properly placed to fix gap in walkway.
    Grass now has NO collision, so now it does not block bullets.
    One jump pad fixed as it jumped into the top part of a wall if back was held.

Changelog (FINAL):
    Lighting slightly changed.
    More jumppads added for better movement.
    Some "boring" areas revistited and improved.
    The destroyed paladin now has collsion.
    Bots are now smarter.
    Bots should use the sniper tower as a sniping point.
    Health vials added in the hallway (longer one) with the Udamage.
    Small "ramp" underneath the Udamage in the hallway (longer one) to make it less 'flat'.
    Some meshes that overlapped each other now fit better.

Changelog (BETA2):
    Removed the tenticles.
    Removed the Big Keg o Heath that was next to the Beserk.
    Replaced stair material with a non 'wet' one.
    Replaced the 'wall' material with a non 'wet' one and doubled the size (of the material).
    Moved the blocking volumes to more precise locations, all collision issues 'should' be fixed.
    Increased the playerstarts to 32
    Changed the meshes on the roof (to a vent, which I found in the dark depths of the environment folder).
    Made the 'walls' near the beserk shorter.
    Changed the footstep sounds for all the meshes.
    Removed the duplicate Skydome.
    Added some extra foliage.

Please rate the thread.

downloading thta map look good thx

Comment

i love this theme of map. Rating 5/5

Comment

@coolcat22 Thanks man, hope you have fun!
        @/CPH\ Yeah thanks. I realy enjoy the theme too!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Comment

Looks like a sweet map, can't wait for this to be cooked to the PS3.

Comment

Cool looking map. Downloading now to test for VTDM/Betrayal server.

BTW, the large text is kinda annoying.
            You might also want to use the "shot" tags instead of the "img" tags.

PS: You might want to try to cook this. Uncooked maps tend to lag on servers. Thx
            Also, this map requires the GOW_UN_Skys.upk which is 41.7 MB itself. You may want to somehow import it into the map.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! Text has been changed .

I am having trouble cooking lately, as UT3 crashes... I will try again tonight when I have time.

I don't believe this map has GOW_UN_Skys. I think somehow when I was testing them, a texture got used accidentaly. Has anyone noticed anything wrong? (with the sky specificly). If not, Ued must just have remembered me having a look at the meshes and I might have left some small mesh hidden somewhere. Just let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey95 View Post
                I don't believe this map has GOW_UN_Skys. I think somehow when I was testing them, a texture got used accidentaly. Has anyone noticed anything wrong? (with the sky specificly). If not, Ued must just have remembered me having a look at the meshes and I might have left some small mesh hidden somewhere. Just let me know!
                When I opened the map in the editor during beta testing, it always mentioned this file. But during game play, including the final version, I haven't seen or ran into a problem. Though, I don't know how a dedicated server will handle the issue.

THe final looks nice Stuey95. I like the changes from the last beta, including the brighter lighting (though not too bright) and the additional jump to help traveling the map.

Playing against a lot of people helps keep the game play active and I have to check it out with the Titan mutator as well. Nice job on the map.

Comment

Thanks Odedge! You have been a GREAT help over the last few months! I think this file might be the reason I cannot sucessfully cook my map. Whatever it is, i'll try to figure it out ASAP.

Edit: I think I will move the GOW_UN_Sky package from my UT3 folder and run the map and see if that will give me enough information to figuire it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey95 View Post
                    Thanks Odedge! You have been a GREAT help over the last few months!
                    You are very welcome. I appreciate you taking my comments and giving them a shot. You want to improve your map and it shows. It's easy to help this kind of mapper.

I think this file might be the reason I cannot sucessfully cook my map. Whatever it is, i'll try to figure it out ASAP...

Edit: I think I will move the GOW_UN_Sky package from my UT3 folder and run the map and see if that will give me enough information to figuire it out.
                    Try this... Start the editor up, load the map, and look for the GOW package in the generic browser. This might help you remember where the asset might be. You can also try placing what ever asset is in your map, the selecting all of that actor, then deleting it.

Comment

Have a couple of assignments and real life stuff to do, but will get this done when I can (tomorrow hopefully).

Comment

Glad to hear. BTW, I don't know if you've seen this:

Epic forgot to add a file to the Patch 2 installation. To fix :

Download and unzip this file :
                        http://www.epicgames.com/download/Gl...CookerData.zip
                        to Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC (Replace the old one).

Go to MyDocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC
                        Folder and DELETE the GlobalPersistentCookerData.upk file.
                        This should fix your cooking problem.

Comment

@1337 Sniper Hmm, I tried this, downloaded everything, didn't seem to help. Thanks though!

I cannot seem to find anything that could help determine what little file is in the level. The package has only textures so I cannot add a mesh and select all. I have checked the log for anything, but nothing has popped up. I have checked everything in primitive stats and nothing is from GOW_UN_Sky.

EDIT: I removed the GOW_UN_Sky package from my UT3 folder. The results weren't very informative...
                          [SHOT]http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr333/Stuey95/hmm.jpg[/SHOT]

I am running out of ideas... Perhaps I could someone else and see if they have any luck cooking?

Also, are there any problems with this missing file (on PS3 or on Dedicated Servers)? Has anyone tried the PS3 version yet?

Comment

Hey Stuey95,
                            I just open your map in the editor, and I know were is the trouble.
                            Your Skydome (staticMeshActor_20) have a material override index [0] set to "none" on the rendering section of its properties. I think it's the place you have put the sky material from the GOW sky package before remove it and the map remember that.

So to fix that, delete this index material override with clic the red cross at the end of this line.
                            Save your map.
                            I have tried that, and when I re-open the map, I don't have any error message after

Comment

Oh and I just re-cook the map with patch 2.0, without any error too

Comment

Working...
                              X