Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    CTF-HallOfGiants2008Final by HO0815XX >> I know this isn't the one in the thread, but I played it first so I'll comment on it first. The architecture is crazy and green just like the original as I remember all the way flying to the top and slamming my head on the "roof". It's a straight-on CTF with many options, plenty of z-axis and very low gravity (huge jumps) and transport tubes that can launch you to the other base if done right. Apparently, this one is lighter and greener than the one in this thread and is really crazy with 7-on-7. I like this remake a little better than the other.
    Thanks! But... wrong thread! Mine is here: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=662292

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hope you like low gravity!

CTF-HallOfGiants2008Final by HO0815XX >> I know this isn't the one in the thread, but I played it first so I'll comment on it first. The architecture is crazy and green just like the original as I remember all the way flying to the top and slamming my head on the "roof". It's a straight-on CTF with many options, plenty of z-axis and very low gravity (huge jumps) and transport tubes that can launch you to the other base if done right. Apparently, this one is lighter and greener than the one in this thread and is really crazy with 7-on-7. I like this remake a little better than the other.

CTF-HallofGiants3 by sneh >> this one's the same except not as flamboyant, you can't jump as high (more gravity) and the fog seems OK to me even though it is different. I'm trying to figure out which one plays closer to the original, but I'm not sure. I'm thinking this one though.

Both maps are a little more tame and easier to CTF with 6 players instead of 14; maybe 8-10 would be more ideal. Both are good remakes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please, check it out!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, so which one's better?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    updated my old post
    the first one was by someone else i thought it was by sneh but the 2nd link is the correct one
    Originally posted by unrealloco View Post
    found it
    this one is by HO0815XX
    http://www.filefront.com/13780466/CT...2008Final.rar/

this one is by sneh
    heres CTF-HallofGiants3.zip http://www.filefront.com/13962717/CT...ofGiants3.zip/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait a minute, so what's the difference between HallofGiants3 and HallofGiants2008final?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice map, good work man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    found it
    this one is by HO0815XX
    http://www.filefront.com/13780466/CT...2008Final.rar/

this one is by sneh
    heres CTF-HallofGiants3.zip http://www.filefront.com/13962717/CT...ofGiants3.zip/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The download link on Filefront is dead. Does anyone have a working download link for this map?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    gonna try this on my server later and see what happens, bet a lot of old school players would be happy to see HoG thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you think you could make a separate version of this HoG, and make it more green with a bit more light and make the fog almost invisible? The current one's too dark and foggy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks cool man. Will check out. BTW, I pm'd you.

We haven't had any problems running maps cooked with 1.3 running on 2.0 servers. We've got 5 servers running on 2.0 and all the maps on them haven't been recooked since the patch has been finalized.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JD8 View Post
    Was this map cooked under 1.3 or 2.0?
    It was cooked with 2.0

I don't really know what the missing file is, there shouldn't be any other file, so I can't think what I could do to fix it.

I previously had trouble with a lensflare package in another map, and when people went to play UT3 would crash because of a missing file. It was easy to fix, and I made sure to not make the same mistake for this map either...

Sounds like the map works, so that doesn't sound like the cause - but that's the only 'missing' file I can possibly think of.. it doesn't make sense.

I'll look into it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was this map cooked under 1.3 or 2.0? I've seen other threads about some maps cooked with 1.3 not working with 2.0. That could be why it's not downloading properly to the clients on our server. I've already pulled a few other maps that had this problem today. Didn't relize there were others that did the same thing till today because the server will remain up and running fine but nobody can download the map. If you already have the map in your custom maps folder you can get in to play just can't download it if you don't already have it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just played it, and its great, i don't think you couldn't have done anymoe with this map other then mak it a bit lighter and greener. Nice one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X