• Show
Clear All

NoStartWithLockerWeaps 1.0 PC/PS3

Name:No Start With Locker Weaps Mutator
    Version:1.0
    PC Version:Yes
    PS3 Version:Yes
    Compatibility:Patch 2.0
    Description:This mutator turns off the feature that lets you start off with weapons from nearby lockers
    Comments:Just wanted to give us the option to turn it off
    Credits:Myself and Epic for creating this game
    Homepage:WickedInsaneGaming.com
    Download:No Start With Locker Weaps Mutator
    PS3 Download:No Start With Locker Weaps Mutator PS3

This mutator will only work with the new 2.0 patch

download now !!!!!!
    i dont like that feature that lets you start off with weapons from nearby lockers

Comment

What difference does it really make? Seriously, I'd like to know.

Comment

Adding the option to turn a feature off is good... but what's not to like about this feature?

Comment

i dont like this feature becaus it ruin the little balnce the game has

Comment

Because it makes spawnkilling slightly more difficult?

Comment

the reason for this mutator is that not everyone will want to use the new feature
              the new feature is cool but they should of made it as something you turn on in the webadmin hopefully in future patches they will but till then this will help us

Comment

What is wrong with the feature?

Comment

SWEET !! thanks bro you just shaved an hour off my day!

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                  What is wrong with the feature?
                  Well for my server this will throw my balance, very badly at that. The weapons are over-powered and the flak cannon just happens to be the most powerful weapon in the arsenal. Personally I liked it the way it was because now you don't need to think when you spawn(do I need to run for locker? do I need to respawn at a different node? am I okay to fire? do I dodge quickly then run for the locker?) I can go on but I see no point really.

It is not that it is bad or a bad thing, in some circumstances though it can be just like any other major change. when people start putting deemers in weapon lockers etc. that's when the fun really starts.

anyway no one is forced to use it but it is always cool to have an option right?

BTW nice vehicles Xyx

Comment

"do I need to respawn at a different node?".. Bweh?

Quite frankly, if there's imminent danger at a node, then it's pretty **** unlikely that node hasn't already been hit and respawning is disabled there.
                    If nearby enemies are intentionally not shooting that node, then someone's either hiding ... or trying to spawncamp.

But if no one was spawn camping, why'd you need to "dodge and run quickly" anyway? That argument just doesn't hold water, imho.

Oh well, dig the mut, but I see no point to it beyond custom maps having.. bizarre.. lockers.

Comment

like i said its just an option for server admins that want to turn it off

Comment

Thanks for making this mutator. If I ever play vanilla UT3 again, I'll be using this.

Now if we can get one to fix the 2.0 weapon-stay issues....

Comment

Originally posted by dave neun View Post
                          SWEET !! thanks bro you just shaved an hour off my day!

Well for my server this will throw my balance, very badly at that. The weapons are over-powered and the flak cannon just happens to be the most powerful weapon in the arsenal. Personally I liked it the way it was because now you don't need to think when you spawn(do I need to run for locker? do I need to respawn at a different node? am I okay to fire? do I dodge quickly then run for the locker?) I can go on but I see no point really.

It is not that it is bad or a bad thing, in some circumstances though it can be just like any other major change. when people start putting deemers in weapon lockers etc. that's when the fun really starts.

anyway no one is forced to use it but it is always cool to have an option right?

BTW nice vehicles Xyx
                          This is a pretty silly argument, as the nearest weapon locker when you spawn is usually not more than 3 feet away.

Comment

Thats true

Comment

I agree with the others, deemers have no place in a weapon locker (just my opinion), and it always ticked me off on some maps that I had to run 20 yards away to get a weapon better than the Enforcer.

It's cool, but it should have a "smart" setting that detects weapons in lockers just so that super-weapons and Avrils (and maybe the Stinger or Flak) aren't automatically acquired, but you can at least get a Link and Shock and not get pwned in half a second by a Manta...

Comment

Working...
                              X