Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-LavaGiantClassic2K9 [Updated]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CTF-LavaGiantClassic2K9 [Updated]

    Name: CTF-LavaGiantClassic2K9
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3 PC/PS3
    Description: UT3-Conversion of the UT2K3/4-Map LavaGiantClassic
    Comments: This is NOT a remake, only a 1:1-conversion (mostly).
    PC-Version updated with >Skyward<-Sound and improved skybox.

    Screenshot: None (I hope anyone can post one)
    Credits: Me, XceptOne (Original-Author), Spoondog (UT2K3/4), xtremexp (UT3 Converter), Epic (for the UT-Games), Realpope (Stuff'n betatesting), David >ZoltanUT< Burbury (PS3-Cooking)
    Homepage: http://HO0815XX.has-no-homepage.net/
    Download PC: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+LavaG.../fileinfo.html

    Download PS3: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+LavaG.../fileinfo.html

    #2
    No screens, no DL

    Comment


      #3
      old fun time is back

      took some

      Comment


        #4
        @Buffy: Thanks for the screenshots !

        Comment


          #5
          Nice, kinda like it.

          The sky and stars are ugly though. Would be cool if you could if you could add something in the distance to give a better backdrop.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
            The sky and stars are ugly though.
            Oh, I don't know, they go rather well with the map's overall retro look... Party like it's 1999!

            Comment


              #7
              Dude were cn i get this UT3 map converter. I really need one please

              Comment


                #8
                The Unreal series also had some of the best looking and believable skies in the history of fps gaming.


                [screenshot]http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh305/HideInLight/?action=view&current=Unreal99LavaGiant.jpg[/screenshot]

                First of all notice how subtle the effect of the stars is and how many there are. When you look at the sky there's this illusion that it's an actual sky and not a dome with a texture applied to it.

                Also notice how the stars becomes less visible the nearer it gets to the lava giving the illusion of a horizon. The extra cloud/steam effect in the distance also adds to the effect.

                For some odd reason I always look at the sky first when I play a game...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by UTGangster View Post
                  Dude were cn i get this UT3 map converter. I really need one please
                  Here is the thread of the converter: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=ut3+converter

                  But he is working on a new version, and the old link has gone.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                    The Unreal series also had some of the best looking and believable skies in the history of fps gaming.


                    [screenshot]http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/hh305/HideInLight/?action=view&current=Unreal99LavaGiant.jpg[/screenshot]

                    First of all notice how subtle the effect of the stars is and how many there are. When you look at the sky there's this illusion that it's an actual sky and not a dome with a texture applied to it.

                    Also notice how the stars becomes less visible the nearer it gets to the lava giving the illusion of a horizon. The extra cloud/steam effect in the distance also adds to the effect.

                    For some odd reason I always look at the sky first when I play a game...
                    Yes, I know, the skydome is too small. But this is a substractive map (all converted maps with xtremexp's converter are substractive), and so I can't make the skydome bigger.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Remake it as additive... It doesn't look very good at all as subtractive..

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by HO0815XX View Post
                        Yes, I know, the skydome is too small. But this is a substractive map (all converted maps with xtremexp's converter are substractive), and so I can't make the skydome bigger.
                        Is it possible to replace the skydome? The editor crashes when I try to open the map so I cannot really play around with it to see if there's a possible solution.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Is there any chance you could send me the old version of the converter, ill giveu my contact details, cause im not patient enough to wait ATM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Nice map, gives a feel of the old ut99 map

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by UTGangster View Post
                              Is there any chance you could send me the old version of the converter, ill giveu my contact details, cause im not patient enough to wait ATM.
                              Yes ! You can mail or pm me. My mailaddress should be in the readme of this map.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X