• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Luracia-SE [PS3/PC]

Name: VCTF-Luracia-SE
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: 1.3
    Description: After the rise in popularity of the Vehicular Capture the Flag Tournament, the Liandri Corporation went about purchasing a vast selection of new arenas. This arena lay between several Mineral Processing Plants on the long abandoned planet of Luracia. Don’t forget your scarf.
    Comments: This is an update to my original version of Luracia to address and tweak several issues that have been brought to my attention.
    Screenshots:

Credits: Epic, Hourences for the brilliant tutorials, TheVoid34, ANick, AnubanUT2, bL1nK, Brits__Hit, BroKen~DisK, BuffyTheSlayer, Coreper, Exorbitance, gtochad, Kuldeep, MasterB, metal_head_boo, Nagash, NyghtcrawleR, nero25, ScottUT, Shadow Dancer, Taboen, and anyone else who gave feedback and provided testing.
    Homepage: http://www.twigsby.co.uk
    Download: PC http://www.twigsby.co.uk/Luracia-SE.rar
    PS3 http://www.twigsby.co.uk/Maps/PS3/USERDATA.JAM

Review: UT Unlimited

Changes since Beta 1:
    • Removed Redeemer.
    • Closed off coast and lowered it significantly.
    • Increased StallZ height
    • Replaced Sniper Rifle on central cliff with Shield Belt
    • Added two walkways connecting Avril cliff onto central cliff.

Changes since initial release:
    • Spawn rooms have been moved below the Flag room.
    • Jump pads have more air control.
    • Can no longer get outside of the map.
    • Blocking volumes around the map area have been replaced with directiional volumes to stop raptors getting damaged when flying near the bounds.
    • Directional volumes have been placed in flag room entrances to prevent vehicle flag camping.
    • Vehicle spawn locations are now consistant for each team.
    • Made the roads around the central sniper cliff larger for better vehicle traversing (especially tanks).
    • Changed lighting scheme to be less harsh/abrasive.
    • Changed snow to be emitter based (collides with terrain base etc). I may change this depending on performance issues.
    • Misc deco.

Nice! Map looks very accurate and precise.

Comment

The gentler lighting looks fantastic! I like what you've done with it.

Comment

Thanks guys. Hopefully the lighting is more consistent across monitors than the previous version which had lots of green tints I wasn't aware of. :S

Comment

Looks fantastic dude! Well done!

Comment

Thanks!

Added a PS3 download.

Comment

Outstanding update, didn't think Luracia could get any better! Looks nicer, improved flow - guess we now have the definitive edition

Thanks for taking the time to cook for PS3

Comment

Originally posted by twigsby View Post
                Thanks!

Added a PS3 download.
                Has this mod been re-cooked for compatibility with patch 2.00 for the PS3?

Comment

I tested it out on the PS3 and it plays perfectly. Great job Twigsby Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Herby View Post
                    I tested it out on the PS3 and it plays perfectly. Great job Twigsby Thanks
                    Thank you very much, Herby! Are you going to put this mod into the PS3 mod browser?

Comment

well-balanced VCTF

The snow really adds a lot to the atmosphere already there which includes the cliffs/rocks, ocean, factory (mineral processing plant), and Necris theme. I can see the lines at the top of the sky, but otherwise the sky looks good. Gameplay is very good with room for vehicles as well as humans and has good flow and connectivity. The map is small enough that humans alone or vehicles have a good chance of capturing the flag. The bots are fairly tough also. It looks like the changes you made for this version really hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Working...
                      X