• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Beesting_SE [PC][PICS][DOWNLOAD][PS3 coming soon]

Name: DM-Beesting_SE
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: UT3 v1.3
    Description: This Liandri scientific observatory, on the mountainous world of Xanom is used for testing both the capability and durability of robots designed for extreme vertical applications. Liandri accountants in their eternal search for cost effectiveness decided to put the facility to use after hours, in the Tournament. This venue became known as "The Beesting" due to its unnusual hive like layout and fatal penalty to those who failed to watch their step.......

Comments: Second Edition of my 2nd map for UT3. Contains a lot of indoor and outdoor space. Largish map suited to 12-24 players. Has a hive/hexagonal style layout. Custom skydome was made by me and there is some custom textures/materials and sounds as well. More traditional item weapon layout than my last map with the only duplicate weapon/item being 2x link gun. DM-Beesting_SE is a reasonably graphically demanding map and I really only recommend it for people with nvidia 8800 cards or higher (or ATI equivalent)

Changes made from original DM-Beesting

-Peak Polygon Count reduced by 25% (former poly peak reduced by 45%)
    -Improved Outdoor lighting with reduced saturation and better shadowing. Also less demanding on system
    -Improved indoor lighting: reduced saturation and added more neutrally coloured wall lights which make
    indoor lighting a little more interesting
    -130 Path nodes added to improve bot pathing and to give a better range of possible moves in battle
    -Improved normal mapping of all textures
    -Fixed a couple of faulty "hexwindows"
    -Removed a stray mesh (No other meshes were harmed during this optimization)
    -Deployables (slow and shield volumes) removed due to bots camping them
    -Added two medium healths
    -Mapstingers moved to new package to avoid conflict\dependability upon dom-beesting
    -A few stray textures realigned
    -Spawn points reduced from 42 to 28, however all spawn points have a weapon in view when players spawn

I would have liked to add more meshes in a few places, but didnt after considering this is a GPU demanding map
    already due to the large quantity of meshes in it

Many thanks to HKLM\Snake for all his help to achieve some of these improvements
    Hope everyone enjoys my map.

Screenshot:

Credits: FragTastic (authour) Epic games (UT3 & UE3), my girlfriend (DoesNotCompute) for her patience and support, AussieUT3 clan
    Many thanks for Tech help from: DGUnreal, Lord_porksword, The Demon Slick & HKLM\Snake
    Useful Beta Feedback or encouragement :Lord_Porksword, Freaky1, Feisar32, 4TX4, Sheldon, coolcat22, The Demon Slick off epic game forums
    Thank you to the above.

Homepage: Press the refresh icon.... :P

Download:

WARNING! DM-Beesting v3 coming soon! (within a fortnight)

Download DM-Beesting_SE PC v1.0 from filefront

Download DM-Beesting_SE PC v1.0 from mediafire

Important Install note! Please note that DMBeestingSE_Package.upk is part of DM-Beesting_SE. This seperate package was necessary to get custom mapstingers working properly. Please move all 4 files contained in the folder in your downloaded archive, into your CustomMaps folder or copy the whole unarchived folder directly into custom maps ( I find this method tidier) If you do not include this package this map will NOT work! (This info is also included in the DM-Beesting_SE Readme included in archive)

cool a beesting se thx i like this map download

Comment

thx mate ...D/L

Comment

A perfect map to repopulate my fresh reinstall of UT3!

Comment

Looking forward to adding to server,get back to ya soon.

Comment

thanks heaps for the nice feedback coolcat22, blitz, Lord_Porksword and freaky1 Been sitting on this one for a couple of months feeling guilty for leaving everyone else with the old version..... lol

Freaky1 thanks for the server test, if you keep it on the server let me know and I'll start a server list with your server on it

Comment

Plays great on ia,just have to add it to biavote now.Was having probs with the new beta patch reverted server back to 1.3.

Update-Can't get it to come up on server.Did find a prob with package title in the zip,DMBeestingSE_Package shouldn't it be DM-Beesting_SE_Package?

Update2-Running fine on server now after name change on package.GJ man!

Comment

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
                Plays great on ia,just have to add it to biavote now.Was having probs with the new beta patch reverted server back to 1.3.

Update-Can't get it to come up on server.Did find a prob with package title in the zip,DMBeestingSE_Package shouldn't it be DM-Beesting_SE_Package?

Update2-Running fine on server now after name change on package.GJ man!
                Thanks very much freaky1, could you please post/pm me details of names you changed?in case i have to modify my upload the name DMBeestingSE_Package shouldnt matter its an external package for mapmenumusic stingers only, could have been called anything i named it this way so peeps would know what map the package was for.

Regardless of this the map must be made server compatible so let me know what needs changing please

Comment

Your right on the package name,switched it back to the original and seems fine. Guess it's just another flucky server thing.lol Wish that new beta patch worked,browser looks much better.Couldn't keep it running long enough to get all the details.Not sure if the Titan upgrade will have this patch in it,they don't list any fixes in the Titan details.

Comment

Think you should change the cube map in the water material, looks strange.

Looks good otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by FragTastic View Post
                      Important Install note! Please note that DMBeestingSE_Package.upk is part of DM-Beesting_SE. This seperate package was necessary to get custom mapstingers working properly. Please move all 4 files contained in the folder in your downloaded archive, into your CustomMaps folder or copy the whole unarchived folder directly into custom maps ( I find this method tidier) If you do not include this package this map will NOT work! (This info is also included in the DM-Beesting_SE Readme included in archive)
                      Is there a way for you to import the assets in this external package into the DM-Beesting_SE package? We've had nothing but problems with external packages like this.

We'd really like to have this on our server, but won't put it on because of the external package.

Thanks

Comment

Server is now crashing only on this map and of course you can't really tell why by looking at the logs,but fairly sure it has something to do with the external package.

Comment

just installed it on our clan server and it work like a charm...i had no packages problems ;i hav add the 4 files in custom maps and all work fine

with utcomp & dodgejump mutator; ... the server is still on patch1.2...for info...

cant say anything more than:...good job frag'm8 ,nice map

Comment

Originally posted by g0th View Post
                            Think you should change the cube map in the water material, looks strange.

Looks good otherwise
                            Thanks for the feedback g0th all water materials are stock this time, although if you give me more info on which water you mean, i can look into it for a Beesting_TE if one ever eventuates....

Originally posted by 1337_Sniper View Post
                            Is there a way for you to import the assets in this external package into the DM-Beesting_SE package? We've had nothing but problems with external packages like this.

We'd really like to have this on our server, but won't put it on because of the external package.

Thanks
                            Thanks 1337_Sniper. All custom packages besides the mapstingers were imported into internal packages. UE told me that the mapstingers would not work properly unless they were in an external package. That is why the external package is <300KB it only contains the mapstingers. I did ask on the help forums here during the original beesting_beta if anyone could help me with this issue and no one could help, so it had to be done this way.

If I come across a way to achieve it with the next release, I will certainly do so, as i would like the map on servers of course. In fact if your server is a private server i would be happy to cook up the 3 file version for u, however u may find that the mapstingers only work intermittently.....
                            If its a public server id prefer not, coz personally i find it very frustrating to download a map i already have, and giving you a diff version will put people in this position, this will put them off this map and your server not doing either of us any favours....

Originally posted by Freaky1 View Post
                            Server is now crashing only on this map and of course you can't really tell why by looking at the logs,but fairly sure it has something to do with the external package.
                            This is possible Freaky1, I did rebuild the package so that it wasnt dependant on the same file as dom-beesting and the orig dm-beesting. There is certainly a chance that i did something wrong during this, but i double checked it all, so im really gunna be slapping myself if thats what i did. Blitz is correct that all 4 files go in custom maps. DOM-Beesting has the extra file and is running on two servers with no probs, so did orig DM-Beesting and that was on a couple too (including yours) So if there is a prob with the extra file, it must be a mistake by me in building the package ....... If i have to rebuild it i will but would like to be certain there is a prob before i make all the lovely peeps download another copy of this map
                            I will also remove you from the server list for the moment so im not compounding this problem so sorry mate

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
                            just installed it on our clan server and it work like a charm...i had no packages problems ;i hav add the 4 files in custom maps and all work fine

with utcomp & dodgejump mutator; ... the server is still on patch1.2...for info...

cant say anything more than:...good job frag'm8 ,nice map
                            Thanks very much Blitz, appreciate that news very much, if you leave it on lemme know and ill add you to the server list
                            Also looking fwd to grabbing morpheus final once i finish this post

Comment

Got all running smooth with patch 2.0,ut comp,battle mod & titan mutator.GJ,glad it was just the server.Can't vote all the maps I had,stock vote won't hold them all & biavote is obsolete now so I just weeded out a bunch of old maps.

Comment

Working...
                              X