Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh,

By the way, in the MapList.ini, for the map entry in the ini - if I wanted to have two vote options in the vote menu --- one for Orb and one without orb, what is the exact wording of the line to have orb on and the other with orb off?

Is there more than just the 2 (no orb and orb) such as other things?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you can easily tell the difference between ini files if you accidentally mixed them up. The one with the node configurations (if the map has multiple node link setups, if not there will be no config ini) goes in the config folder. The one that contains the UI info: mapname, PreviewImageMarkup, and description, goes in the published/custom maps folder.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh great..... thanks.

When I saw people make map zips for download and put ini's in the custom map folder, then I thought they meant to put them in the config folder. I copied many ini of maps from the custom maps folder and put them in the config folder.

Sounds like I have to double check a ton of maps to make sure the correct ini is in the correct folder... I did not know there were different on purpose.

I did this since I saw some maps only had 1 ini file and the mapper put it in the same folder reference as the main map file... for the custom maps....

I will have to see if I still have all the zips and rar files of about 9 gigs worth of maps

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are two .ini files named exactly the same but they are different and in different folders. Why Epic did it this way I don't know.

In the .zip file you'll find
    \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\WAR-UGL-CrossF1re.ini
    and
    \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\WAR-UGL-CrossF1re.ini

Make sure each one is in the corresponding folder. They are different and have different purposes. Do not mix them up which sounds like you may have done. Correctly done, you'll have three map setups each with and without the orb.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    -- bump --

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,

Can some one tell me how to load the map with the orb? I have the 1 ini in my config folder on my server and for some reason I can only load the map without the orb in standard laoding.

Each time I try and add in the ?LinkSetup=orb into the options line of web admin it does not load up. Some one said there is an extra ini file somewhere?
    Can some one please help?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks exactly like ONS-Crossfire. Nice port man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They converted the map specifically for use in the UGL ladder. They only released it here to be nice to the community. So I doubt they're too concerned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
    I bet if there wasnt a screenshot of the UGL logo that you probably wouldnt have even known about it....
    Lol pretty much. Still think he UGL in the name ruins the name, but thats extreme nit pickiness.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you, I will check that out

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try Alien Sands-SE from Sanchez. It's a completely redone version of Crossfire for UT3. The first truly good map to have been released for Warfare, way back when, and still one of the best available.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pre-post disclaimer - all comments are based on, usually, a single match on your map. I've been playing a few maps a night this week, and posting my brief comments for every one of those maps.

WAR-UGL-CrossF1re

Classic Map. I'm so glad this has been converted. Plays very well, I often find direct UT2004 conversions aren't so good in UT3 because of the changed physics. Any chance of a version with a few visual enhancements? I'm a bit of a graphics ***** Saying that, the frame rate on this is great, and that's more important.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice conversion. Put it up on our server last night. Plays good and true to the '04 version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks nice. Good job Nomad!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bet if there wasnt a screenshot of the UGL logo that you probably wouldnt have even known about it....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X