• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-UGL-CrossF1re [Pic][Final][PC Download]

Name: WAR-UGL-CrossF1re
    Version: Final
    Compatibility: UT3 Patch V1.3
    Description: UT2004 to UT3 port of ONS-CrossF1re for UGL
    Comments: WAR-UGL-CrossF1re is the first in a series of warfare maps that attempts to bring the best of the best competitive UT2004 onslaught maps to UT3. The goal is not always visual aesthetics, but rather a series of maps that are fun to play on public servers as well as the more serious private match servers.

WAR-UGL-CrossF1re combines 3 UT2004 maps into 1 with and without the orb:
    - ONS-Crossfire
    - ONS-Crossfire-3on3
    - ONS-Crossfire-SLE

Original ONS-Crossfire map by Robert 'Nathillien' Horvat
    "In 2352, an anomalous volcanic eruption on the outskirts of Jerusalem partially unearthed a city far below the lost city of Ekron. Four years of intensive excavation revealed a civilization that predated all known human history. Purchased by Liandri corporation for the price of excavation, the souls of arena combatants now join the forgotten dead of the unremembered past."

Screenshots:

Credits:
    • UT2004 to UT3 mapper - Nomadicus
    • UT2004 Crossfire mapper - Robert 'Nathillien' Horvat
    • [If anyone knows who created 3on3 or SLE variants, they deserve credit here as well]
    • UT2004 to UT3 conversion software - Hyperion / Solarsys (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588848)
    • Onslaught UT2004 to UT3 conversion software - Nomadicus
    • Animated UI Pic Tutorial - Nawrot and DGUnreal
    • T5K clan for all their feedback and willingness to test this map!
    Homepage: www.t5k-clan.com and www.unrealgamingleague.com
    Download: WAR-UGL-CrossF1re.zip and Readme.txt

Good Job on the Map. It Rocks

Comment

Cept for that statue in the last pic it looks pretty cool.. though the ugl logo ruins the atmospehere.

Comment

I bet if there wasnt a screenshot of the UGL logo that you probably wouldnt have even known about it....

Comment

Looks nice. Good job Nomad!

Comment

Nice conversion. Put it up on our server last night. Plays good and true to the '04 version.

Comment

Pre-post disclaimer - all comments are based on, usually, a single match on your map. I've been playing a few maps a night this week, and posting my brief comments for every one of those maps.

WAR-UGL-CrossF1re

Classic Map. I'm so glad this has been converted. Plays very well, I often find direct UT2004 conversions aren't so good in UT3 because of the changed physics. Any chance of a version with a few visual enhancements? I'm a bit of a graphics ***** Saying that, the frame rate on this is great, and that's more important.

Comment

Try Alien Sands-SE from Sanchez. It's a completely redone version of Crossfire for UT3. The first truly good map to have been released for Warfare, way back when, and still one of the best available.

Comment

Thank you, I will check that out

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                    I bet if there wasnt a screenshot of the UGL logo that you probably wouldnt have even known about it....
                    Lol pretty much. Still think he UGL in the name ruins the name, but thats extreme nit pickiness.

Comment

They converted the map specifically for use in the UGL ladder. They only released it here to be nice to the community. So I doubt they're too concerned.

Comment

Looks exactly like ONS-Crossfire. Nice port man!

Comment

Hey,

Can some one tell me how to load the map with the orb? I have the 1 ini in my config folder on my server and for some reason I can only load the map without the orb in standard laoding.

Each time I try and add in the ?LinkSetup=orb into the options line of web admin it does not load up. Some one said there is an extra ini file somewhere?
                          Can some one please help?

Comment

-- bump --

Comment

There are two .ini files named exactly the same but they are different and in different folders. Why Epic did it this way I don't know.

In the .zip file you'll find
                              \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps\WAR-UGL-CrossF1re.ini
                              and
                              \My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\WAR-UGL-CrossF1re.ini

Make sure each one is in the corresponding folder. They are different and have different purposes. Do not mix them up which sounds like you may have done. Correctly done, you'll have three map setups each with and without the orb.

Comment

Working...
                              X