No announcement yet.

DM-Station 12 [v. 1.2, 15 Mai 2009]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx for the update and for providing a PS3 cook.
    I thought this one was already on ut3mod.com for some reason...but I'll write up a review and upload the draft ASAP.

P.S. I do recall some frame issues w/ the original PS3 cook when using the jump pads to the upper levels and your looking out towards the entire map. Other than that it played really smooth...but I haven't tried the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by KurlonT View Post
      Thx for the update and for providing a PS3 cook.
      I thought this one was already on ut3mod.com for some reason...but I'll write up a review and upload the draft ASAP.
      Your very welcome

I ask a while ago to put my map there but I never receive any feedback from the admins ???

But if you want to write a review, please wait for the 1.2 version since the 1.0 & 1.1 version don't have any difference in FPS for what I could tell. I would prefer you have a fresh review with the latest version instead of a old version because it's the 1.2 version I want the players to play with

P.S. I do recall some frame issues w/ the original PS3 cook when using the jump pads to the upper levels and your looking out towards the entire map. Other than that it played really smooth...but I haven't tried the latest version.
      I notice that the worst FPS drop is mainly when your looking at the building from a distance. Take note that the map is design with 8-12 players. Playing with more than that you will have FPS impact. Also, Looking the map from very high is FPS costly since there are a lot of rocks & such I just can't cull (don't render them to save FPS). I'm not finished yet about optimization but I can say that it's better than before. I don't think I can make huge changes but at least, the least I can accomplish, the better

If there is anything you would like to see in 1.2, don't hesitate to post.

THX

Comment

You should draw the line and start a new map. Maps can never be truly finished and it can be tough knowing when to stop. It's the same as an artist trying to finish a painting.

Also, If you release too many versions people won't bother especially when different servers run different versions of maps.

Use what you have learned from Station and apply it to a new creation. This is also the quickest way of progressing with the editor.

Comment

Yes Firefly, I understand. But don't worry, I'm not gonna work much on it. It's just some things that can be done in a reasonable amount of time. What I've done is not hard to do, it's just a bit long but it's almost finished.

I know my limits & when to stop & I can confirm you that 1.2 version will be the last one even if I already see others things that can be improve. It should be finish this week-end.

I'll continue to work on Nano after. I intent to make a small 1on1 which will be called DM-1on1-Aly.

Comment

Cool
            look forward to it

Comment

Okay, the last version is here. Grab the PC version in the first post. I will add some mirror by next week. I put some up-to-date pics also.

I saw some FPS gain while playing so hopefully, I didn't do all that for nothing Take note that if your flying everywhere before starting a match, you will see things popup (cull) which is normal. Still, you won't notice anything while playing

PS3 version should follow by this week-end / next week if everything goes as planned

PS: one of the match I play, the game as froze but when I reload, I played for 100 frags & everything was normal. Since I have no **** idea what can be causing that, well to bad but it's done & I won't touch it again since by rebooting or reload the game fix everything & it's arbitrary which is the worst type of problem you can have in computing

THX to all who are still playing this map

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                Your very welcome

I ask a while ago to put my map there but I never receive any feedback from the admins ???

But if you want to write a review, please wait for the 1.2 version since the 1.0 & 1.1 version don't have any difference in FPS for what I could tell. I would prefer you have a fresh review with the latest version instead of a old version because it's the 1.2 version I want the players to play with
                Strange that it never got feedback but I've only just started contributing to ut3mod.com plus it's not easy keeping track of all the PS3 content out there so sometimes mods get missed.

I can certainly wait for the 1.2 cook although my write up for ut3mod.com tends to be more like an brief summary rather than a full in-depth review.

Comment

Well, at least, I'll know which dude to ask for something about ut3mod.com in the future

Since you like the 1.0 version, you will like the 1.1 as much & the 1.2 better since you have FPS gain now

Even if you don't do a indeep review, just making a summary, I'll be happy with it

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work and will be getting it uploaded to our server this afternoon.

This has to be one off my fav DM maps

Comment

THX Zeus

Comment

1.2 version as been uploaded to FilePlanet. First post as now 2 places to dwn the last - last version

Comment

Cool, I like it when the authors still take care of their maps even long after the release

Comment

I've updated the review and screenshots and file on fileworks to 1.2.

Frames are more stable as well as a slight increase. Nice work stevelois

Comment

Steve your map Firefly is right I got 5-7 more fps good jod dude!

Comment

Originally posted by Firmament View Post
                                Cool, I like it when the authors still take care of their maps even long after the release
                                Well, I'm a bit perfectionnist... So I care

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                                Steve your map Firefly is right I got 5-7 more fps good jod dude!
                                I'm happy you notice the FPS gain

Originally posted by firefly View Post
                                I've updated the review and screenshots and file on fileworks to 1.2.

Frames are more stable as well as a slight increase. Nice work stevelois
                                I had wish the FPS gain would be much higher, like +20 FPS but at least, it's better than nothing. THX for the updated review Firefly

Comment

Working...
                                X