Nice score steve
    I let you discover it
    Bye !

Comment

Originally posted by firefly View Post
      Review is up

The flow is golden.
      Great, many THX for the review

Happy you like it so far. Ho and... I couldn't resist to comments your comments lol

Nothing serious, just more info

Comment

Grimy! Like it, gonna dl for ps3 tonight. Thanks for that!

psnid - katamari666

Comment

Originally posted by katamari666 View Post
          Grimy! Like it, gonna dl for ps3 tonight. Thanks for that!

psnid - katamari666
          THX

You might want to wait before downloading the 1.0 PS3 version because the 1.1 version should be available before the end of the week

Comment

Glad you like the review.

Nice map. looking forward to the next one

Comment

Well, I hope I will get some comments when the first Nano beta will come out so I can optimize the map the more i can

Comment

I upload the 1.1 version for the PS3. New link in the first post

Again, a big THX to "The Demon Slick"

PS3 players, enjoy

Comment

I saw your signature in one of your posts and decided to see your map. I'm really glad I did. After downloading the map and playing a few rounds i cam to the conclusion that this is the best map I have tried so far. The map is perfectly polished and is downright a treat for the eyes. You sure have a thing for quality.

I'm hoping your other map, DM-nano turns out this good. keep up the work!

Comment

Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
                    I saw your signature in one of your posts and decided to see your map. I'm really glad I did. After downloading the map and playing a few rounds i cam to the conclusion that this is the best map I have tried so far. The map is perfectly polished and is downright a treat for the eyes. You sure have a thing for quality.

I'm hoping your other map, DM-nano turns out this good. keep up the work!
                    I thought that this map wasn't played anymore lol

Glad you like it dude

Hopefully, Nano will be better, well... I hope

THX for posting

Comment

On my first play-through it took really long to load and about 15 seconds in, it began to lag and my sound went away!

After a quick reboot though I re-tried and it was quite alright. Perhaps a one-off problem? I'm reading other people also had similar weird things happening sometimes so I'm not sure.

The map itself plays quite good, I like the terrain work but I felt it was a little dark - maybe it's the music I don't know but it felt very old-skool. Memories of Unreal 1 came to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev_Boy View Post
                        On my first play-through it took really long to load and about 15 seconds in, it began to lag and my sound went away!

After a quick reboot though I re-tried and it was quite alright. Perhaps a one-off problem? I'm reading other people also had similar weird things happening sometimes so I'm not sure.
                        I did encounter that sound odd problem in beta 1 but it as been fixed in beta 2. Since the map as been final (from 1.0), the only dude that as comments it was causing this in 1.1 version is Odedge. It look like it's the kind of bug you can't explain since rebooting or reload the game is working nicely after ?? Also I didn't change nothing in the 1.1 version except recooking with patch 2.0 at the time. I hope that someone can give me a clue to fix it

The map itself plays quite good, I like the terrain work but I felt it was a little dark - maybe it's the music I don't know but it felt very old-skool. Memories of Unreal 1 came to mind.
                        Yup, the map as a old school feeling & that was one of my goal so that's a good thing you felt it

Happy you like it

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                          Since the map as been final (from 1.0), the only dude that as comments it was causing this in 1.1 version is Odedge.
                          The only bug I have seen in 1.1 was when the bots got crazy and started to shoot the walls. For fun, I just played a round of 100 and it played just fine. Bots be crazy and there is not much you can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                            The only bug I have seen in 1.1 was when the bots got crazy and started to shoot the walls. For fun, I just played a round of 100 and it played just fine. Bots be crazy and there is not much you can do about it.
                            So dude, you still play the map, I'm surprise lol

Indeed, it look like an AI bug & since I didn't change nothing since Final 1.0, I have absolutely no idea what can cause that odd AI behavior.

Comment

I intent to publish a 1.2 version. The main goal is to optimize the map the best I can so lower end machines can get better FPS.

I'll make minors visuals adjustments. I won't "cut" visuals to gain FPS since I like the actual look but I will try to "cull" the much I can which is something I didn't know at the time.

I'll retouch others things to for the better

In the end, it's better later than never.

Comment

I wanted to let you folks know what as been done in the upcoming 1.2 version :

- Most importantly, I tried to optimize the map the more I possibly can using individuals culling values on meshes. That is a **** long process since I can't use cullingvolume since the layout don't permit it easily & I must do the job manually on each meshe which I have a plethora **** it.
                                - Use the best lightmaps whenever possible instead of vertex lighting.
                                - Adjust the lighting at some spots. For example, the lift inside the building is more obvious.
                                - Add blocking volume on the building second floor & adjust all the SM collisions.
                                - Get rid of some meshes on terrain under the building.
                                - I notice a substractive geometry mistake in the building which I fix.
                                - Adjust light cones on the building, others are untouched.
                                - Tweak some materials, minor changes. The most apparent are the barils.
                                - Other minors fix.
                                - Recook with patch 2.1 to ensure compatibility & better performance.

It may seem a very small amount of work but I'm on it for a certain time.

Some may think it's because I wanted to send a more polished version for MSUC, well, it's not the case, ha ha, got ya

I did it because reviews as mention stuff that now I have the knowledge to fix which I didn't have 2 months ago so I decide to polish my work instead of just leave it like that.

I already submit the 1.1 version to MSUC last week & if I'm able to finish the 1.2 in time, I will resubmit it again, still, I'ts not my priority.

Comment

Working...
                                X