Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-TowersArena 2k9 - FINAL released 01/19/2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Seb

Your map as been reviewed on "UT Unlimited!". They're host is BU now.

http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com/?page_id=1698

PS: I don't agree which is score. The score is much higher in my book

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      Your map as been reviewed on "UT Unlimited!"
      PS: I don't agree which is score
      You are nice Steve, but think the score I have obtained is fair.

Just compare with the score of a map like DM-Thor (THE map for me) :

Gameplay:
      thor : 27/30, tower 26/30.
      Eye candy:
      thor : 22/25, tower 21/25.

It's no bad for me !
      Only the optimisation make me loose a lot of points, but it's ok for me
      I'm very glad of this score

Comment

I just update the D/L link on first post since filefront will be stop its activities...

Comment

It's here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly View Post
            It's here as well.
            Link added on the first post, thx Firefly

Comment

Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu, and I like the chance(?) of not falling to your death a lot. It has Every Powerup Known To Man(tm), and I'm not sure if that's good, it seems to fit the theme. I'd be scared to see someone play Titan on there.

I could see it being a lot more fun with humans, too. I played against bots on Diff 6, I think, which gives them enough inane-type skill that they're shock-rifling you out of their backside from three levels below as you're flying from a jump pad because they had LOS on you for .02 seconds. (Plus I rolled Akasha, heh.) That made it kinda less fun ^_^.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Weaver View Post
                Hey, I downloaded this a while ago and finally got around to trying it out last night. That's some nice Kismet-Fu...
                Thx for your comments

Comment

Mirror:

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...rsArena2k9.zip

Comment

http://ut3.game-maps.net/index.php?act=view&id=1502

Added to database. Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                      Objections if this map finds its way into a mappack?
                      No prob until you keep the zip archive with readme file, it's ok for me.
                      Thx to you and Skillz for the mirrors

Comment

You need to edit your post and include the link

Comment

added news mirrors on the first post

Comment

fun map!

I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.

EDIT: I figured I better post this in the Full Release section also since I found the old thread (plenty of DL links on the first page).

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                              I like the low gravity, jumping like a jackrabbit as well as the abundant pickups, neon lights, spotlights and lighting/shadows; a lot of stuff going on here with the excellent music choice, ambient sounds, berzerk, udamage announcement and hat trick; the player recommendation is a bit high and I would think an ideal player load would better fall from 8-16 players; bots are a little easy in here and best played as TDM. Not sure how I missed this one.
                              Yeah I must admit, the bots count was a bit exaggerate lol

THX for the review SkaarjMaster (I'm a bit late sorry)

Comment

I've seen better.

Brilliant atmosphere and visuals, burst with various color lights on the edge, spotlight, smokes, jumppads, relevant pickups, weapon/ammo/health placement, low gravity, crazy z-axis, and skybox. Funny how he made a starting and extra life announcements that's a fun part anyhow, and also a great use of kimset, fun sound effects and music choice as well. Great gameplay in adrenaline rush and the bots are seriously fun!

Download Link #4: BeyondUnreal is dead at the first post.
                                Link of ut3.game-maps.net moved to the new link: http://www.game-maps.org/index.php?/...ebastien-nova/
                                Additional mirror by UTzone.de: http://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads...o=file&id=3005

Comment

Working...
                                X