X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TowersArena 2k9 - FINAL released 01/19/2009

Name: DM-TowersArena2k9
    Version: 1.0 - Final
    Compatibility: PC only, patch 1.3 or higher (tested with patch 2.0 too)
    Number of players : 8 to 32
    Description: A blood-sport tournament's arena between towers constructed inside a big caverne.

This map has obtained the score of 76/100 on it's review on UT Unlimited.
    The complete review by Firefly is here :
    http://utunlimited.beyondunreal.com/...e=1#comment-84

Screenshots:
    [screenshot]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7246/towerscreenshot01sv4.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6531/towerscreenshot03sv1.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/228/towerscreenshot022jl4.jpg[/screenshot]

Note :
    Visual oriented HOLP's style.
    I have past lot's of time to make all S-FX, with many kismet seq, hope you will enjoy its, especially UDamage, Invis and extra-life sequences

Custom Contents :
    Materials, static-meshes, sounds, Stingers, music and S-FX.

Credits:
    -Hourences, for his great tutorials.
    -Killbait!, Nawrot, ffejnosliw and Bazzwano for great help and debug me with some crazy stuffs, thx a lot guys !
    -All the community of the Epic's Forum for their help.

And for their Beta tests and constructives feedbacks :

-Odedge & Stevelois, you both take on your time to help others mappers to improve their work, it's really appreciate, many thx bros
    -Bl!tz and all beta testers from the {BFG} Clan, big thx to alls mates
    -Moonflyer, Djisilt, Arkam, Waagher, Staward, Dopemag, Kazimira, FragTastic, ShadeMistress...
    -Keo, for your crazy ideas and suggestions
    Sorry for those I may have forgoten...

download link 1: DOWNLOAD Filefront.com

download link 2: DOWNLOAD UnrealPlayground.com

download link 3: DOWNLOAD map-factory.org

download link 4: DOWNLOAD beyondunreal.com

download link 5: DOWNLOAD FPSBanana.com

download link 6: DOWNLOAD Game-Maps.net

download link 7: DOWNLOAD ut-files.com

Hey Seb

Finally, you made it lol

I'm at work now so I can't play it but I'm curious to know if you include the DE weapon in the final ?

BTW, thx for the credits but it is not necessary. I didn't really help you out in this map & I don't feel confortable taking credits on something I don't deserve. Or at least, just put me at the botton of your credits list because my name as not beign as useful as Odedge in your map.

I'll try it out tonight & I'm sure the final is solid without any bugs

C'ya

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
      I'm curious to know if you include the DE weapon in the final ?
      Not on this, but I need it for the next one

Comment

looks good my friend....D/L

Comment

Ironically, the first time I saw pictures of the map, I didn't think much of it. But after playing it, I had to change my mind. The lower part of the map is simple and straight forward, while the upper part is very tricky to navigate. So you have a choice.

Add in the theme (rock concert meets The Matrix) and you have yourself a good time. My favorite aspect of the map is the whole Udamage sequence. It's very simple in theory, but very cool.

You also changed the background drastically and I like the change, nice job. There was one thing in particular you didn't change that I suggested, but that will be our secret.

It would be fun to do a map in this theme, but with a more traditional DM layout. If I have the time I will try and do my best to learn from your Kismet sequences!

Very good map!

Comment

Looks like an interesting map from the screenies!
            I prefer lots of colour in maps so expect a download from me!

Comment

Link fixed, see the first post

Comment

I want to know if it's now possible to cook the map for ps3 even if there are customs sounds, music and stingers in the map ?

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                  I want to know if it's now possible to cook the map for ps3 even if there are customs sounds, music and stingers in the map ?
                  I don't think you can have any custom sounds. I know you can't have custom music (as I replaced my "custom" music in DM-Tomac.

If that's the case, I think a PS3 build (when you have time time) is worth it, even with out the custom sounds. Though, you will have to tweak your Kismet sequences.

Comment

Hey Seb

Just played your baby.

****, I played with 11 bots, much below the min your suggested and the action is, well, fast !

The exterior (outside the play area) is waaaaaaaay much better than the last beta. Since all the map is tighter, it feel even more like an arena and fit's much better

Your kismet sequence & adrenaline it provide is VERY well done. As the music & voice sample that are totally awesome !!!

Still, there are some things as the beta that don't fit with my kind of casual gaming but hey, it's a great map none the lest

Sincerely, it is the most fast action map I've seen to date for UT3. Pure carnage

Comment

Thx for this first comments guys
                      Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                      Sincerely, it is the most fast action map I've seen to date for UT3. Pure carnage
                      Cool, this map was effectively designed just for that

I hope have some other feedbacks, any kinds of course, to improve the next one

Comment

K.!.C.K. A.S.S .M.A.P !!!

muhahaha...just try it after station 12.....and now i need 24 hours to recover 100% in ma ears

though i m completly addict of yer sounds;crazy; powafull and nicely synchronized on the gameplay....and the gameplay still excellent even if i was too often " lucky" in my opinion....

the cave part fit to the map and ur lighting s pure kill

well if u dont like your neightbours put volume at maximum and play this map....they cant survive ...haha^^

bon boulot frerot;waiting the next

Comment

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
                          though i m completly addict of yer sounds...
                          Lol, I have a friend who is totally became addict to that sounds too, He ask me everytime to make a mutator so he can play every maps with that stingers sounds instead of the originals, maybe I will make it...

Originally posted by {BFG}Bl!tz~ View Post
                          if u dont like your neightbours put volume at maximum and play this map....they cant survive ...haha^^
                          My neightbours don't have survived during the development of this map

Comment

This map looks great and plays great, I also love the usage of all the various sounds. Kudos to you for the map!

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssal Nova View Post
                              ...Kudos to you for the map!
                              Thx for your comment...oh and I love your pseudonym

Comment

Working...
                              X