No announcement yet.

UPDATED 1/22/10: DM/CTF-Hang 'em High 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, first off, let me apologize for my hasty response. I took a look in the editor at bot maps side by side and even pasted my own into yours to see how they measure up.

There are a few differences that aren't noticeable unless you put them right on top of each other, like that mine is slightly larger vertically, which explains why there's a bit more head room in the halls.

Also, your tombstones are segmented where as mine are just flat.

Again, I am sorry for the accusations, it was just that they were so strikingly similar and the fact you said you exported it when it was obviously brushes, then those two brushes being exactly the same shape and size, even though mine is taller, I might have screwed up on one of them though...

TBH, I like your version better, but personally I would change the lighting to something just a smidge darker. It looks like Halo (not necessarily a bad thing) but UE4 looks better in dim, contrasted light IMHO.

There's an odd thing with the walkway that leads under the one base where you can get stuck between the walkway and the overhang over the door, only way out is to dodge and then fall to the floor. Happened to me twice in one match. Only bug I found though and it's really not that bad since you can just run straight up the ramp.

I think BretHart did a real good Halo when he made VCTF-Timberland, maybe ask him if you could borrow it? Worst case scenario is I could try to make a simple Halo mesh, it's just a matter of getting the textures.

As far as working on a new version together, since yours is pretty much done, I'd say either improve upon this one or do a remake of BloodGulch... I started BloodGulch a few times since it has been requested so much, but it always comes out like **** and I end up starting over again, it just doesn't play like BloodGulch in UT3. UT3 is far too fast for the layout IMO and there's almost no way to leave the base with the flags in VCTF.

Now that I may be interested in collaborating on, Just because I'd like to see Blood Gulch make it into the UT3 scene, but at most I'd probably just do a few meshes and leave the actual layout to a Halo fan (I don't play much Halo ever, so a die-hard fan would better know how to manipulate the map to play properly than I would... which is probably why I never really cared for my version of HeH and never got back to finishing it)

Again, apologies, I was a bit hasty, but I really do think you did a bang-up job on this, pretty hectic even with only 8 bots. I vote ya 5 star rating since it is a lot nicer, just maybe think about toning down the ambient and sun light to give more contrast. One thing I didn't like about halo was the flat lighting. (except Halo3, but that's a whole other discussion)

Comment

Well, i did prefer you're lighting, though i tried to make the forrunner lights give off as much light as necisarry, and i did alot of side by side comparisons to check where the lighting was needed. I honestly tried hard to make it look as much like Halo as i could, and i have to say that i've gotten alot of comments about flat textures and bland lighting. xD I really wanna make an up to date version of this map because then i feel it'd be portfolio worthy. Besides, i think Coagulation would be much better suited for UT3's gameplay. Creating a clean and stainless light in UT4 is definitely a fun challenge though, i think it's Too good at making gritty realistic lighting. Kinda like how Yahtzee see's a lot of the next gen games as just big piles of details and grey dipped in a shiny brown stew or something.

When i come up with some decent concept art of my HeH ideas, i would love some modelling help, i figure the static meshes should be a great deal of fun work.

PS: In the mean time, would you mind removing the accusation from you're post? It's right on the front page, and i personally wouldn't download the map if i thought it was being ripped off.

Comment

Nice . I remember asking this, but can't find where I posted it to see the answer. So here it is again - are you the vicious member from the halout mod for ut2004? Just wondering if you are and if the mod will be recreated for ut3 or not.

Comment

I did create the original HeH for UT2004 for the HaloUT team. Unfortunately it seems the team doesn't wish to get back together due to the simple amount of trouble that the copywrite issues go through. At the same time, i don't see why making everything completely ourselves would violate any kinda copywrite. But whatever, i'm enjoying my map making.

Comment

D/L ....look nice
            good to see you ok on "misunderstanding" and peace back

gl shade and gl vicious ....we ll finally perhaps have two versions ...muhahaha ....nice

Comment

Yeah cause i thought your name was familiar, but i thought do did skins to

I have some halo 3 resources, (textures i made using photos from the game) that im compiling into a pack. If your interested in using them, let me know.

-EJon

-EJon

Comment

Originally posted by EpicJon View Post
                Yeah cause i thought your name was familiar, but i thought do did skins to

I have some halo 3 resources, (textures i made using photos from the game) that im compiling into a pack. If your interested in using them, let me know.

-EJon

-EJon
                It sounds rather useful indeed, though i definitely prefer using the built in packages, packing up those lego in an external package caused me some problems. xD

Comment

New, Updated, and FINAL version of the map!

Comment

Love the music, so frickin epic! Makes me want to play it again & again.

Comment

Of course! HeH will be on HeadSteam's Deathmatch server soon!

Comment

isn't there a 1.1 version of the ctf version?

Comment

can you please rename version version 1.1 as its the same name as version 1.0. as a server admin this makes for issues when we try to push the file via redirect. This is a great map which alot off folk like who play BTA/BFA on r server - but with both versions have the same name this will create issues and we will have to take the map off the map vote list - which would be a shame.

Thanks for all the hard work m8

Comment

same request as zeus i want to add it on our server cauz it s final but if it redirect on old version ....
                            anyway thx for that excellent map ; )

Comment

Allright, i'll be sure to fix this up for ya guys. I'll put out the CTF version of 1.1 before the end of today.

Comment

Allright, Re-Updated, with CTF Version!

Comment

Working...
                                X