Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Rocks and Shoals Final

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Rocks and Shoals Final

Name:DM-Rocks and Shoals
    Version:Final
    Compatibility:1.3 as far as I know
    Description:An excavation site long abandoned by it's original workers, now home to warring raiders and anyone looking for a fight.
    Comments:A small DM map for 4 to 6 players.
    Screenshot:

Credits:Me
    Homepage:www.danjw.net
    Download:
    PC
    PS3

If there are any problems please let me know.

The maps looks fun! It looks like the PS3 link is not working. I found the link:

Download

Comment

Glad you got it finished, I'll download it once I get home.

Comment

nice job - d/l now. by the way - what changed from last beta?

Comment

Thanks gfapunk, link fixed.

Luv_Studd, from beta 6 I changed an ammo placment below the udamage, made some tweeks to the pathing and blocking volumes and changed the preview pic.
          I think that's all.

Comment

Except the fact that for the final you didn't even mention those who help you out in the beta dev...giving them proper credits... I like the map.

Comment

"Thanks to all from Epic's forum who gave advice and suggestions."

Comment

^
                Thanks, lol.

Comment

i downloaded the map and looked around it for a bit, looks hawt! I want to test it with my friend later tonight.

Comment

excellent map....visuals are awesome with no drop downs on fps...always over 50 even on my dual with settings on 5
                    congratz and thx for ur work

Comment

This level has some good atmosphere. Nice lighting and I love and hate the thick fog at the same time (it gets pretty hard to aim at people when they're far away). The fog should also probably start a little farther away from the player's view, so as to separate the foreground from the background. The map is also a little small for a sniper rifle. I like the subtle music and sounds. Nice work.

Comment

I've been playing the (first?) beta for ages... No idea you were still working on this map, definitely a pleasant surprise to see the final!

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                          Except the fact that for the final you didn't even mention those who help you out in the beta dev...giving them proper credits... I like the map.
                          Originally posted by danjw_net View Post
                          "Thanks to all from Epic's forum who gave advice and suggestions."
                          Hehehe. It's usually customary to list the names of the people who helped you the most, but to do the general "thanks to all that posted in the alpaha/beta versions). Just like it's customary to "thank" a mapper for making a map by posting in their thread or emailing them. That's how most of us get "paid", by recognition.

Anyways....

I liked the map when I first saw it and after some tweaking, like it more. This is a map that takes a simple theme and makes it work on all levels. Definately a keeper.

The only "issue" is that the file name refers to it being an "alpha 7".

Comment

Yeah, I debated about 'a7' but basicaly just got lazy.
                            This was one of my first maps for ut3 and normaly I save versions in a different way. The first beta of this had no suffix so I started with 'a1' it was already in beta. so i just went with it. :/
                            Doing it this way helped keep me from getting confused.

Comment

Looks like a really good map!

It seems there should be a lot of Z axis fights, and the atmosphere it's awesome too!

I will download it when I get enough time, and i'll post some feedback

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X