Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM/DOM/CTF Babylon [PC/PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM/DOM/CTF Babylon [PC/PS3]

Lords with Swords is proud to finally present:

"An ancient wonder from the old time, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, inspired many to achieve the perfect meld of nature and stone....
    Amidst the time of first contact with the Human race the Liandri presented a gift to the Humans. Gardens suspended in high altitude within the atmosphere of a gas giant in a star sector bordering the outer regions of our space. The Liandri recreated the legend of the Hanging Gardens in the most inhospitable of places, constructing machines to draw moisture from the atmosphere to keep the gardens alive for future generations. They created a place where one can enjoy this incredible human habitat that combines the high tech advancements of the Liandri. Over the decades since the great war the location of the gardens was lost. Now recently rediscovered, a feud between the races has erupted over control of this marvel. Will blood and bone now polute the pure waters from the constant fighting?"

Version: 1.2
    Compatibility: PC ver 1.3 / PS3
    Description: A map for those that love their gravity LOW!! Featuring DM/TDM with up to 32 players and 2 redeemers for all out low gravity mayhem. 'Night edition' now available for those who prefer a space background with their low gravity!

Credits: Huge thanx to Fragtastic, Odedge, {BFG}Blitz~, AnubanUT2, The Demon Slick, Hourences, DGUnreal and my wife for putting up with me being on the PC for many hours.

Download:
    PC Day: MediaFire
    PS3 Day: FileFactory

PC Night Version: MediaFire
    PS3 Night Version: FileFactory

DOM Night Version (PC only): FileFactory FileFront
    DOM Day Version : FileFront
    DOM Day PS3 Version : FileFactory

CTF Edition: MediaFire FileFront
    CTF Edition PS3: FileFront

NOTES: Expect bots to fall to their death. 'Night' Version 1.2 should have no DOM references now, some lite layout and bot nav changes. Bots can now get to the mega health and lower Redeemer. I've hopefully eliminated all the spots where players get stuck on the paths as well.
    If you want the day version updated to version 1.2 let me know, otherwise I'll leave it as 1.0

DOM Notes: Many thanx to Fragtastic for all his help with this!! I recommend disabling translocators when playing the DOM version!! I've found that 20 players/bots seems to be an ideal player count.

Screenies in next post!

Screenies of what to expect!

Comment

Woohooo....looks awesome ....Z axis & lowwww grav

thx for that other nice baby Lord

Comment

Nice! Congrats on going final! I'll give this a whirl this weekend, thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Thanx guys!

Hopefully it runs OK on the PS3 as well.

Comment

I'm not really a fan of maps with too much low gravity, IMO it's slowdown the action on it, and I prefer play on fast action based maps...
            That said, except for the background who needs more polish (don't like the complete white down part of the skybox...), the map is really beautifull, some nice architectures and builds inside, it's give me lot's of ideas, thx for that

Comment

It's a nice map, but, the bots get stuck A LOT!!! Could be a mutator thing , I guess. There were a couple spots where it seemed I was running into something that wasn't there. Had to go around an "invisible" obstruction.

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                I'm not really a fan of maps with too much low gravity, IMO it's slowdown the action on it, and I prefer play on fast action based maps...
                That said, except for the background who needs more polish (don't like the complete white down part of the skybox...), the map is really beautifull, some nice architectures and builds inside, it's give me lot's of ideas, thx for that
                HAHA.... dont know what hes talkin about

nice map . dat

Comment

really great to see the final for this Away on holidays atm but looking fwd to grabbing this baby when i get back. Thanks for your nice work lord_porksword, cant wait to give it a whirl when i get home

Comment

Originally posted by KamilR View Post
                    HAHA.... dont know what hes talkin about
                    I don't know if it's my bad english or if I was too irie by good kaya when I have written this post, probably the both

Comment

Expect a DM/DOM night version in the next few days!
                      (pending no DOM issues that is)

Comment

superb mate....the color is really a nice add to that excellent map
                        cant wait the DM version

Comment

How come my Lord you didn't post a beta, or I was to busy that I didn't saw it ?

Anyway, dwn ATM & I'll ride that map & comments later

EDIT

I play your map & it's much better than the private version my Lord

Still, there are some things that I didn't like about it. I don't know if your interested to know them but anyway, send me a PM if your interested.

A thing you could add is a blocking volume because I can go to far away like you can see :

[screenshot]http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/4629/screenshot00000wt1.jpg[/screenshot]

The last pic look promising & I suggest you play more with the colors making a significant difference between area of the map which I believe is one of the thing to enhance. You have the opportunity to make 3 distinct area based on the last pic (blue, yellow & green).

That time, I'm gonna check more the final forum lol

Comment

PS3 works great! What a trip, bots die a lot, but so do humans. FUN!

Comment

Thanx for the feedback on the PS3 performance!

Yeah the bots dying thing is rather annoying and cannot be fixed unless I stop them from jumping expanses..which goes against the concept of the map. I have made some tweaks to the bot pathing in the night edition that hopefully will reduce the the occurences of bot suicide, but it will always be present.

Fortunately the night version runs a bit quicker for those that have fps issues.

Steve thanx for the offer on likes n dislikes. PM them to me if ya want but probably don't expect much to change as I'm keen on going back to my WAR-Glacial map as soon as the Night version is complete. I am interested in ya thoughts though as it can help me out in future endevours.

I'd like to think that the night DM/DOM will be ready sometime over the next few days. Expect sunday at the latest I reckon....

hmmm were the DOM issues ever sorted for the PS3?

Comment

Working...
                              X