Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Sabr [Updated to: v1.1] [Final] [Pics]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    CTF-Sabr [Updated to: v1.1] [Final] [Pics]

    Name:
    CTF-Sabr

    Version:
    1.1
    * Plz replace any previous PC and PS3 versions(including the fast test version for that connection bug) with this one
    * I fixed a serious bug that you can't access server to play this map in V1.1
    * I feel sincerely sorry for all the incovenience caused by me


    Compatibility:
    PC, V1.3+bonus pack
    PS3, Patch2

    Description:
    Sabr is the Islamic virtue of "patience" or "endurance". It is characterized as being one of the two parts of faith (the other being shukr). Its practice is endorsed in both the Qur'an and the sunnah. Muslims scholars have attempted to classify the concept, and one classification divides it in two parts: to actively or passively endure physical challenges, and to remain spiritually steadfast.

    Comments:
    1) This map was originally designed for UCMP5
    2) UCMP5 was cancelled, so this map can be released individually
    3) The very first layout was based on a concept about railway in the middle and trains go by. That turned out to be not really nice so I changed it a lot. Now it is a quake-ish jumppad-based layout, with islamic environment

    Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_01.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_02.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_03.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_04.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_05.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_06.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_07.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_08.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_09.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_10.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/MyMapForUT/CTF-Sabr/Sabr_ScreenShot_11.jpg[/screenshot]

    Credits:
    EPIC //For the nice game
    UCMP team (check "http://www.ucmappack.org/pages/staff.htm") //Thanks to you guys for being together
    stevelois //Thanks for nice feedback
    nELsOn //Thanks for nice feedback
    * Also thanks to the guys for support, in random order:
    Lord_PorkSword
    Bret Hart
    Chaosnight
    coolcat22
    Yongmonrathen
    hawkwind
    Coreper
    Creavion
    DarkSonny
    hal
    Mr. UglyPants
    Lruce Bee
    Xinger
    China77
    ZeldaFire
    Porky
    Foxhound

    Homepage:
    https://sites.google.com/site/chongleevoxels/

    Download:
    PC:
    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/My...1/CTF-Sabr.zip
    http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Sabrz.../fileinfo.html
    PS3:
    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/404348/My...F-Sabr-PS3.zip
    http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Sabr+.../fileinfo.html

    #2
    Whoops, finally it's done, I can go to sleep now.

    Comment


      #3
      Beautiful map. Love the distinct look an crisp outlines. Flow is great too

      Comment


        #4
        cool this map is final nice i am in the Credits too thx

        Comment


          #5
          He he

          I'm happy to add your map to my collection

          THX for the credits & for that awesome map

          Comment


            #6
            Thank you guys and hope you enjoy this one;p
            The Chinese new year is coming and I really need a nice vocation, after that, you will see my next map.

            Comment


              #7
              How many players is this map best suited for?

              Comment


                #8
                w00t its final, just love this map.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Beautiful map. Thanks for creating this; amazing.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                    How many players is this map best suited for?
                    I prefer 3 vs 3.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      awesome!
                      thanks man!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                        ...The Chinese new year is coming and I really need a nice vocation, after that, you will see my next map.
                        When the Chinese new year is happening exactly ? Happy to ear that you will work on another map

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by chonglee View Post
                          I prefer 3 vs 3.
                          I just downloaded and tested out. This map is not compatible online. I tested map in my online ICTF server. Once I finished downloading your map off my servers redirect I received this message ownloading package "A_Music_arrangments" Failed Error opening file:
                          Map is broken for online play, take back to beta test section and fix it. Is not compatible online.
                          I double checked to make sure I had the two important files in my server and in servers redirect which are;
                          (1.)CTF-Sabr.ut3
                          (2.)CTF-Sabr_LOC_int.upk

                          Attempted to reconnect to my server again received same message. So the conclusion is your map is missing some files necessary to be compatible online for multiplayer online playing.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I love it - and I rarely post in these threads

                            How much of the assets are original? Looks like a fair bit, but also looks like some cunning alteration of the Necris architecture?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                              When the Chinese new year is happening exactly ? Happy to ear that you will work on another map
                              Jan.26, this year, but every year it's a different date, as Chinese traditional calendar is a lunar system.


                              Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                              I love it - and I rarely post in these threads

                              How much of the assets are original? Looks like a fair bit, but also looks like some cunning alteration of the Necris architecture?
                              Most textures are from stock packages, I made custom materials to tune the style. As for meshes, most meshes in the playable area are custom.


                              Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                              I just downloaded and tested out. This map is not compatible online. I tested map in my online ICTF server. Once I finished downloading your map off my servers redirect I received this message ownloading package "A_Music_arrangments" Failed Error opening file:
                              Map is broken for online play, take back to beta test section and fix it. Is not compatible online.
                              I double checked to make sure I had the two important files in my server and in servers redirect which are;
                              (1.)CTF-Sabr.ut3
                              (2.)CTF-Sabr_LOC_int.upk

                              Attempted to reconnect to my server again received same message. So the conclusion is your map is missing some files necessary to be compatible online for multiplayer online playing.
                              That's bad news. I will recheck it ASAP. Is there any detailed information or log? Anybody else got the same problem?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X