No announcement yet.

TickyTicker: PhysX vs. Horology [updated]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MrEvil, have you considered building a map using this clock? With some kind of special event that happens x time after the match started, then you have this big clock in the middle of the map so players know when to hide at certain time because this special event would be some kind of dark force that runs around the map and kills everyone in its path..........i mean, you could go really crazy using this, you know

Comment

And when you shoot the parts like I did in the video you mess up the clock and tht dark force won't arrive anylonger? ... :P

Comment

Originally posted by angjminer View Post
        ...hows the scalability?..
        I haven't really tested the limits. Maybe one day I'll do something more complex, like a mechanical calculator.

One limit I did hit is that high torque causes problems in some places. Specifically, in my clock I supply power via a low torque applied to the fastest rotating end of the gear train (the escapement), whereas real clocks tend to use a high torque power source at the slowest rotating end (the hour hand). I tried doing it like that, but the high torque caused some of the smaller gears to flip out. More accurate gear geometry and smaller gear ratios might help with that.

Originally posted by RED-FROG View Post
        ...Btw I have recorded a video of your clock map so people can check it out what it's going to be like:

http://de.xfire.com/video/571c4/
        Good music eh?
        Excellent, I'll put that in the first post where everyone can see it. Yes, the music fits well.

Originally posted by Staward View Post
        MrEvil, have you considered building a map using this clock? With some kind of special event that happens x time after the match started, then you have this big clock in the middle of the map so players know when to hide at certain time because this special event would be some kind of dark force that runs around the map and kills everyone in its path..........i mean, you could go really crazy using this, you know
        I don't do mapping anymore because I can't do the modelling/texturing that is required, but any mappers reading this thread are welcome to use it.

Comment

I suggest submitting it to MSUC. Very cool brother!

Comment

I released 1.2 of this. There are only minor changes, such as filling in a few missing text descriptions, adding a level preview, and some background music to make up for the borked ticking sounds.

Comment

No PhysX here, but that looks very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Moose View Post
                No PhysX here, but that looks very impressive.
                It works just fine with software PhysX, so everyone can use it!

Comment

Working...
                X