Nice remake brad (sry lol).
    Thx for this release, nice job for this

Comment

For the last time, it's BRET!

But that's ok.

Comment

That's was a joke owen ^^

Comment

The jump pad issue doesn't appear to have anything to do with bot pathing, but everything to do with how the jump pad arc interacts with the static mesh above it.

I was able to get myself stuck the exact same way as the bots (bouncing up repeatedly but never making it) by missing the intended trajetory and getting stuck just a little inside. (happens a lot when taking the pad while being shot at, or very soon after someone else. You get bumped and fall between the wall and the pad and get stuck.) There's not enough room to escape the jumppad radius and you get stuck getting bounced up into the collision above you endlessly until you suicide or get knocked out the way. Adjusting the collision on the static mesh trim might be enough to fix it.

Hmm, seems you already looked into that...
          Maybe try adjusting the collision along with a slightly more obtuse jumppad arc. Or maybe just move the pads back a little bit.

Comment

Yep even tried moving the jump pads back. I don't ever seem to get stuck on them but the bots do - I even tried adjusting the jump time on the jump pad properties. It's just weird.

Comment

Nice map Bret!

What's the music? I really like it..

Comment

Oh well I was just listening to random non-vocal songs in winamp and I came across this and decided it was appropriate for the map =)

Comment

That looks great. Very clever use of meshes makes everything flow, rather than look like clutter.

And did he really get banned?

Comment

lol is he banned again

Comment

According to him, yes. I don't know what influences the moderators around here, because this isn't the first insane incident I've seen either...(Kinda sad--work up so much rep around here to have it demolished for no apparent reason...)

Comment

I played the original UT map just before trying this one, but I won't bore you with a quick review of it. I was really looking forward to finally trying this remake in UT3 and it is a fun map with good flow and I liked the use of the meshes/textures and good additional visuals outside, but there are a few things that I didn't like:
                        - inside it's almost blinding with the lighting and meshes
                        - the music doesn't quite match the map, but I guess I was hoping for something closer to the UT original music.
                        - wind blowing through the trees looks a bit unnatural
                        - got stuck near the stairs
                        - for some strange reason the player starts made me grab the shock rifle more often than I wanted to (being the flak ho that I am).

Was the biorifle in the original? If so, I don't remember using it that often; ah, I just checked again and it looks like you may have replaced the sniper rifle with the biorifle. I remember the bots jumping on the jump pads a lot, but I never technical saw them getting stuck there.

Comment

I appreciate the feedback, guess you can't please everybody. If you wish to comment on my other maps, please visit www.pixelgeeks.net thanks.

Comment

Easy integration.

Cool remake. That was an easy integration for this map, I love the kind of personality; but looks differ from the original UT99 version. Even the jump pad doesn't nearly stuck for the bots well. Great technique stuff for most of a minute.

Comment

FilePlanet DL link is long gone, only two DL links for this map remain:
                              ftp://ftp.unreal.ie/unreal.ie/ut3/ma...ian_Tourney.7z
                              http://www.gamefront.com/files/12520...an_Tourney.rar (download works only in North America, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and others)

Comment

Working...
                              X