Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-PlayTable map finished. [PICS] [D/L]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME! this is why i still squirrel around these forums...in search of funky fresh maps. any chance of PS3 compatibility, or is there too much physics?

Comment

Originally posted by MMmaster View Post
      Thanks Odedge! You nicely summed up the fun aspects of the map.
      I guess hoping for comments like yours is one of the main forces pushing us level designers, to create great maps others will have fun playing.
      You're welcome. As a fellow mapper/player, this is how we should "pay" those who take the time to make maps, characters, mods, etc. As a mapper, I even appreciate people telling me why they won't keep as a map on their hard drive. At least, I can possibly learn from that.

Comment

Originally posted by heathward View Post
        any chance of PS3 compatibility, or is there too much physics?
        I do not have a PS3 so could not test this, I hope it works, please try it:
        http://www.filefactory.com/file/5913...yTable-PS3.zip

Heathward, if you can display the FPS on PS3 then please tell me about what you are getting.
        (I guess you won't hear my xylophone and bell sounds because sound importing for PS3 maps is not supported.)

Comment

Well, what i nicely done map you have there

I usually don't like vehicles in DM type but I must say that in this case, it is very well done

The only thing that I found a tiny bit missing is weapons since there are far away from each other but in the other hand, it compensate with the vehicles, so I must say "bravo" for reaching this hard to do balance

The use of physics is amazing (which affect FPS tremendously) & even more since the map is rather big for DM/TDM the FPS is not much affected, so man, congratulation, you did a marvelous job.

I also noticed that the domino & other stuff have a lot of textures, Like, it is not the same domino that is copied 50 times. You did a lot of them & disposed them in a way that it doesn't appear repetitive, great work

Only thing that is a bit a shame is some of the texture could have been a bit more detailed. But for performance/visual quality ratio, I presume you got the best of both.

In all, it is a keeper.

THX for the map

Comment

i ignored this map for a while coz of its name..

then i looked...

and i fainted

pro, wd mate, u got my dl

Comment

Played the PS3 version of this last night... WOW! this map is so inventive, it has everything, all rolled into one great big ball of fun The use of physics is very impressive, though it does come at a cost, the framerate can dip pretty low at times (sorry! no FPS display on PS3) which is a shame as it does impact on the gameplay, still a great map though Thanks for cooking for PS3.

Comment

Wow!

Freakin' awesome!

Do you mind if I post it on my website? If so, do you prefer I link to the download of your choice or host a copy on my site?

Comment

Thanks for the PS3 version

Comment

I liked the map a lot, very creative, I thought the weapons were a little hard to get to, impact hammers all over, loved everything else, jumpads, toys, marbles, good stuff!

Comment

just had a go on that map, really awsome stuff

Comment

Stevelois, thanks for the nice critique.
                        You are right, the map could have benefited from a little more attention to detail in the end. I'll let myself work on this part a few more days next time.

I am happy you included the map in your pick list, She feels good among those great maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gloryroader View Post
                          Do you mind if I post it on my website?
                          Gloryroader,

I am happy you like the map so much and I checked out your site, you have a bunch of good maps made by yourself, and no maps from anybody else.
                          I think you should keep it that way, to be a portfolio of just your own creations.

Comment

Originally posted by MMmaster View Post
                            Stevelois, thanks for the nice critique.
                            You are right, the map could have benefited from a little more attention to detail in the end. I'll let myself work on this part a few more days next time.

I am happy you included the map in your pick list, She feels good among those great maps.
                            I'm more than happy to include this map in my top pics It is unique in every way.

Absolutely great work & I hope that the next time, I'll have more time to beta test your project. I didn't have time to beta test anything since my map take me 99% of my UT time. I'm devoted to my work until it is finished.

Do you have something else your working on ATM ?

Cheers

Comment

Looks very creative haven't been on this site for a long time mind as well get back into it. Going to give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                                Do you have something else your working on ATM ?
                                I have 2 map ideas I am concepting right now, but also have my mind on some other more important things so it is going pretty slowly.
                                But this is probably good because this way I have many more nights to plan all the unique features and think out the best approach in researching them.

Comment

Working...
                                X