• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-SledHill [PC][Pic][DL-new]

Name: VCTF-SledHill
    Version: Final.081120.0502
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3/Patch 3
    Description: Set high in the mountians two rival groups find their downtime broke up by an opposing force. Secure the area for your team so you can get back to the serious business of skiing, sledding, and snowball fights.
    Comments: More could have been done with the map, but I gave myself a week-long deadline for completion. Terrain itself can work to your advantage to duck out of danger at the last moment.
    Screenshot:

UI Screenshot

Low poly trees for midfield FPS

Send the enemy a present from the igloo

VCTF-SledHill Gallery: http://gallery.filefront.com/MapMonkies/153880/

Credits:
    • Playtesters:
      "Infinixx", Josh "Captian Snarf" Turpin

Concepts and guides:
      "DGUnreal", "LordStrider", "karmatized"

Resources:
      www.Blender.org, www.gimp.org,
      "OldSkool0482" - public domain music track, map concept, tree design

Homepage: http://hosted.filefront.com/MapMonkies
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+Sled.../fileinfo.html

very nice map =) good flow and there arnt enough snow maps out here.
    Suggest maybe adding some more trees for cover from the cant and some more minor props maybe fixing the mini map so it wont show the outside of the terrain =)

Comment

die map geht nicht!

The map does not go!

Comment

Odd, Scgotti. Agent can run the map, but you are the third report of a problem. Will go through file setup/recook/re-release.

Thank you for the indication of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MapMonkey View Post
          Odd, Scgotti. Agent can run the map, but you are the third report of a problem. Will go through file setup/recook/re-release.

Thank you for the indication of a problem.
          actually i ran trhoughr that same problem. i opened it in the editor and deleted some null static meshes that were in the level. it worked fine after that. idk if that was the problem.

Comment

RE: VCTF-SledHill New DL Link in OP

Pulled one custom mesh/material combo. Re-cooked. Re-uploaded. Currently have a tester running the map on clean system with no problems.

Original Post has updated download link.

Mini-map is a known problem. I blame my own inexperience with anything but DM maps. First time I'm had to include a mini and no major adjustments were made to the settings which is probably covered somewhere on the boards here.

Comment

The map now works

Comment

This map does not run online. It crashes the server. Something about the materials not being in the map package.

Comment

Sniper, are you using the updated version?

File Size: 16.55 MB (17,349,415 Bytes)
                  Date Added: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:12 AM

The updated version has only 4 files and no directory structure in place within the .zip. The file: VCTF-SledHill_ReadMe.txt when decompressed should have Properties of:
                  Size on disk: (4,096 bytes)
                  Modified: Monday, November 17, 2008, 8:14:02 PM

The version detailed above overrides the previous version uploaded and removes the mesh/material combination that was causing a problem. If using the correct version does not rectify the situation let me know and I'll take another look at the map.

Comment

Server problem confirmed.

Meshes used moved from Custom package to directly in map file.
                    New tree design to reduce polycount from ~15K/tree to ~1500/tree for lower-end rig FPS stability.
                    Overall file size reduced by 1.5MB.

Hopefully this version (081120.0502) will resolve the server problems.

Comment

great map
                      like the xmas song in the map

Comment

Build 081120.0502 confirmed to be working on server.

Comment

Originally posted by MapMonkey View Post
                          Sniper, are you using the updated version?

File Size: 16.55 MB (17,349,415 Bytes)
                          Date Added: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:12 AM

The updated version has only 4 files and no directory structure in place within the .zip. The file: VCTF-SledHill_ReadMe.txt when decompressed should have Properties of:
                          Size on disk: (4,096 bytes)
                          Modified: Monday, November 17, 2008, 8:14:02 PM

The version detailed above overrides the previous version uploaded and removes the mesh/material combination that was causing a problem. If using the correct version does not rectify the situation let me know and I'll take another look at the map.
                          We'll try to test it tonight. Thanks

Comment

We'll try to test it tonight
                            Hopefully using the 081120 build, not the older 081118. You were correct in that the 081118 build was causing a problem online. The source of the problem was removed from the map and the 081120 build has been tested with an online server with working results.

Have fun with it.

Comment

Hey map.

I noticed that there are no stingers (the "dun dun DUN" sounds when you cap) and that the music is playing out of the ambiance channel. Any hope of having that looked at, or are you done working on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X