Originally posted by The_grey_man View Post
    Ironhorse Thank you,

Whats your server IP ?
    North America Server:
    8.12.69.76:7777

GodSpeed,
    Ironhorse

Comment

grey man, just fyi, all ps3 maps/mods are named userdata.jam, filefront adds the numbers to differentiate. Zip it, name it something like "CTF-Checkmate-CWL-PS3", the file will still unpack to the userdata.jam, no numbers. I know, it's a pain. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
        grey man, just fyi, all ps3 maps/mods are named userdata.jam, filefront adds the numbers to differentiate. Zip it, name it something like "CTF-Checkmate-CWL-PS3", the file will still unpack to the userdata.jam, no numbers. I know, it's a pain. Cheers!
        Thanks for the tip, it's obvious when someone else points it out

Comment

Any chance of a working download for this map please? Or if anyone can upload a copy to a "reliable" host it would be appreciated.

Comment

Yes can we have a new link please.

Comment

Sorry

I will sort it out in the next day or 2, filefront scrubbed my account.
              After some feed back, I was thinking of remaking it larger. Is it worth my time?

Comment

I don't know I havn't tryed it yet till then...

Comment

Sort of depends on whether you are talking just scale or actually making new paths. The original is great. So I am sure your release would be super (if there was a working link). My thought would be to release what you have and then work on an SE or something like that with some added goodies? Your call but do get a link up to your current work so we can give better and more accurate feedback.

Comment

without double dodge, size seems fine.

Comment

New Link in first post.

hawkwind that's why I made it that size but most feed back I've had in game is for it to be bigger.

xfuture I am taking about upping the scale and not about adding extra's.

Enjoy

Comment

good remake

OK, I found 3 other versions of Checkmate, so I'll quickly and very briefly describe those first:

- UT has one called CTF-Checkmate but it's set in some magical checkerboard world and is not even close to being the same so forget that one.

- UT2003 has one called CTF-Checkmate-GeRm by The Deacon (aka *GeRm**Seer*). It's set in the depths of Hell and may be too dark. I liked the custom music (fits theme) and general "inferno" atmosphere. There's plenty of paths through the catacombs with jumppads and the gameplay is good but the bots can't defend. Almost forgot to post a link to the Insite review of this one:
                        http://insite.beyondunreal.com/map.php?id=721

- UT2004 has one called CTF-CheckMate-CWL (or CTF-CheckMate-2004) by W@rlock (CWL modification by The_Grey_Man). This one has a more earthly and cleaner look, but is possibly too bright. It has the same basic plan but the paths have changed a little and weapon/item placement changed a lot. The players look a lot smaller compared to the map layout than I thought from the flyby. The red/blue indicators are either extremely subtle or absent and the bots still can't defend.

This UT3 version is the best in the bunch so far with changes made to make it more fun and more playable and easier on the eyes than the previous versions. There was no recommended player load in the preview shot, but that was all I found wrong with it. It's not too dark, not too bright and just right with a nice atmosphere; the deco looks a lot better than the UT2004 version. There are some slight weapon/item placement changes and the bots are better at defending. This one is a lot tighter for UT3 like it should be. The scale is fine and better and no "bigger" version is needed.

Comment

SKaarJMaster thats a good run down.
                          The 2k4 version is actually a 2k3 map by Warlock was modified by me (with his prermission) at the request of my clan CWL, It became very popular which slightly annoys me as it was a quick job, as I recall it took me a Saturday afternoon there for there are errors on it, the lighting and some of the brushes don't aline.
                          I did make a new build version for 2k4 but it was not liked as much as the 2k3 version that got imported into 2k4. I never have understood why.

I like the look of the UT3 version, even though I like bases to be clean without to much deco to get in the way maybe I could have added a bit more

Comment

Working...
                          X