Final Act: UT3 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Added a big media dump on the ModDB page. Check out all the new screenshots!

Also: If you guys are unsure about how to play the game either press "E", or the Enter Key for the Summon explanation cards, or just read the manual. I know everyone hates reading manuals nowadays, but it's going to be your best source about what to do in the game.

So sorry you guys don't like the music and my inherently bad singing in the trailer. You should probably understand that the trailer was created in a single night (it was due the very next day) You can always hit mute!
    Don't expect a new trailer from us any time soon; we don't have much time these days to make one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RED-FROG View Post
    You SERIOUSLY have to record a new video.

I randomly found it on youtube some time ago, it was more of an hilarious entertainment rather than putting interst into playing that mod. (Ive shown other friends and they had a good laugh as well)

In the video there is only chaos, you don't get to see the system behind the game, how it works and how it's really played. (other than just messing around and staring at weird effects)

I'm one of those that are not interested in reading many pages long threads, news and other sites just to get an idea of how the mod feels like.

Just create a video showing the basics, the controls, the goal, and the gameflow.
    And GET RID of music like that.

Sorry for being so crude but I think that's the best way to say it.
    Have to agree with this, when I downloaded this I was suprised that you could build towers. Also tried it via splitscreen to see what the towers was actually for. Was also suprised that you couldn't shoot the opposing team's summoner. Then I realised the game is based around building towers to prevent the opposing summoners from getting near the "core". Btw are you planning a "creep system"?

The video just makes you go. Huh.
    It's like watching these videos from new mmo's where you see pretty effects etc, but the only effect it gives then is "WoW" clone with pretty graphics. Not the best of example, but it's all I could think off.

What I'd like to see is snipets of realtime gameplay where someone places the towers and then enemy comes and try to counter whatever you just did. But try and keep the sounds too, the towers got some pretty neat ones. Show some kinda of strategy or something that shows how this mod can be fun or challenging multiplayer wise.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You SERIOUSLY have to record a new video.

I randomly found it on youtube some time ago, it was more of an hilarious entertainment rather than putting interst into playing that mod. (Ive shown other friends and they had a good laugh as well)

In the video there is only chaos, you don't get to see the system behind the game, how it works and how it's really played. (other than just messing around and staring at weird effects)

I'm one of those that are not interested in reading many pages long threads, news and other sites just to get an idea of how the mod feels like.

Just create a video showing the basics, the controls, the goal, and the gameflow.
    And GET RID of music like that.

Sorry for being so crude but I think that's the best way to say it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Xcase yes, i noticed that too but didn't knew it was because of FA or another mod. The team name messages is not so bad, actually it looks quite nice on any team related gametype but the flak called fate, that should be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you don't want to read the manual and want to jump right in, the "use" key (usually 'e') provides a pop-up help screen for each summon type based on which you currently have selected.

We really appreciate you guys taking a look at it...hopefully some servers can start going up so we can get some good large games going. Once you get the hang of the game, it really makes for some fun frenzied play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Yoshi_last View Post
    may i sugest a mirror to filefront hmmm? a place where you dont have to register to download.....
    granted. check the first post!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Infinity's End View Post
    @ XCase: did you just recently download/install the latest version that was updated today? (11/18) or did you install the "manual" version that required dragging and dropping files into folders?
    I installed the "Manual" version, yes. Alright, I'll try the updated version and get back to you.
    EDIT: It works now. One problem though: it seems to be overriding some of the other gametypes' settings (example: the You are on red/blue message has changed, and the flak cannon is now named "fate")

Leave a comment:

• replied
    may i sugest a mirror to filefront hmmm? a place where you dont have to register to download.....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok, downloaded the newer version and tested it on instant action(with the 'target practice" bots, its fun to place seekers at their well with repairers near them) but now i want to play against someone that actually knows what to do, so is there already a server with final act?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
    +1 - I presume you mean Mr Evil's "Sentinel"

Few are going to be able to test this properly without bot support. How's 1v1?
    Yup thats the one I mean.

One on one you need to drag along a friend. All my friends are on the clanserver.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks dude! We worked really hard on it. Tell your friends! It plays amazingly well with 3v3 or more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Infinity's End: It works! Great mod BTW

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ XCase: did you just recently download/install the latest version that was updated today? (11/18) or did you install the "manual" version that required dragging and dropping files into folders?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The mod seems excellent, from what I could tell of the trailer, except... it crashes on my PC. I don't know why, or how, but it crashes when I try to use it in Instant Action or start a server with it. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
    Er... talk to the guy that makes the centinal mod. He may be able to help you deal with AI with the dropping of your turret like things and how a bot would do that. Once thats done bot pathing cant be to hard. Once thats done we can see how the game plays. We at the moment may have a problem getting your conversion tested on UT3 servers because of the fact we cant get others to browse the servers and just see the mod running.

I'd love to help you test it but I cant test the multiplayer aspect without bots at the moment.
    +1 - I presume you mean Mr Evil's "Sentinel"

Few are going to be able to test this properly without bot support. How's 1v1?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X