Final Act: UT3 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just another update, the current version of the installer that you can get on the first post is a known, working version. Please download this one instead if you were having trouble before!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good to hear Nighguy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just to update, the assignment was to create a multiplayer mod, hence we didn't take the time to really work with the AI due to the tight schedule of the project. Our plan is to rebuild one of the maps, update the installer ASAP and re-upload it. Thanks for everyone's patience...we really think we made something different for UT3 and are excited about it.

Incidently, I'm not sure if this was mentioned but the character models and nearly all of the meshes and textures were 100% custom, giving it that unique look.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Foxtrot: Thanks for trying. We are looking into the matter. I am very curious if anyone else has had success or if all the views for this thread are people that just looked, but didn't download.

Edit - 1) Have you updated to the latest patched version? 1.3 I think it is? and 2) are you trying to play online or via a LAN with someone else?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok i tried making a instant action game, without success because the game froze up whilst loading. Then i tried hosting a server with final act as a game mode and it froze up whilst loading, again. I don't know it's the game, gamemode or my computer that makes stuff freeze up but i can't test it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks like an incredible mod. The trailer was good too. Also your singing cracked me up. It made my day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Er... talk to the guy that makes the centinal mod. He may be able to help you deal with AI with the dropping of your turret like things and how a bot would do that. Once thats done bot pathing cant be to hard. Once thats done we can see how the game plays. We at the moment may have a problem getting your conversion tested on UT3 servers because of the fact we cant get others to browse the servers and just see the mod running.

I'd love to help you test it but I cant test the multiplayer aspect without bots at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome, foxtrot, please let all your friends know! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'll give it a shot, D/L ing now

EDIT: D/L complete and installing, testing will have to wait till tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JumaAm View Post
    "it is a multiplayer mod, so it is first and foremost meant to be a multiplayer game."
    Right, as JumaAm reiterated what I already stated. This Mod was accomplished in a little more than 2 months time (pre-production probably puts it into the 3-month range) and we are not experienced in creating AI for the characters, so that's just not feesible for this game. The game is finished, I doubt much more will be added to it. There may be some bugs to fix here and there, I don't know though.

We are just interested in what you guys think of playing it and what you like/dislike in playing it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "it is a multiplayer mod, so it is first and foremost meant to be a multiplayer game."

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I sudgest setting something up for bot support so we can test it properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, the game is a multiplayer mod only. I think you can do instant action if you just want to run around the level and look around, as the bots do not know how to play Final Act :P Otherwise, I do not know why it causes you to crash and I don't think I'll be able to help you beyond that, unfortunately. (I'm just an artist. )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is it only multiplayer (online)
    coz it crashes when i do singleplayer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The instruction manual explains more of what the game is in detail, however the best way I can describe the game is as an "Action-RTS." What this means is you don't kill your opponents directly - you use specialized turrets called "Summons" which you place all over the map. When someone approaches the turret, it comes to life and starts attacking your opponent.

You use summons to defend your base, which consists of a giant orb called a "Soul Well." When your opponent's soul well is destroyed, you win. The catch is both sides' Soul Wells are connected to each other, so the life bar of the Soul Well has a tug-o-war mechanic.

I'd be happy to answer any further questions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X