Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hammer Style Dev Textures and Static Meshes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by woooo View Post
    its the actual name of the level iirc, if a map is called DM-thing, you would call your package "DM-thing" when importing custom textures and meshes
    Wait, explain! I couldn't cook my map with the dev textures and meshes for testing, i had to spend time replacing everything to test the map, making my entire package useless o.o;

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lol seriously!

Sickness.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good work vicious, downloaded now, u can never have enough meshes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vicious3745 View Post
    You could easily just make your own material, i believe the "My Package" Is the one that refers back to the level itself.
    its the actual name of the level iirc, if a map is called DM-thing, you would call your package "DM-thing" when importing custom textures and meshes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    One suggestion-Make them unlit (emissive) materials. That way you don't need to build lighting each time you change your geometry.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by marilol View Post
    Use decals, look them up on hourences tutorials.
    Great, now I gather all the steps, many THX

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Curious question, are the static meshes popping up for you guys out there? I'm not sure if i've put the package together correctly >.>;

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Use decals, look them up on hourences tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've check it and it is what I need THX dude

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by stevelois View Post
    THX for these

I have a question :

How can I add some letters/numbers painted on the wall ???

My goal is to write the name of the map on the wall. I intent to put that in my future map

THX in advance.
    hey, only 2 days messing around with the editor here but I think this tutorial answers your question:
    http://waylon-art.com/LearningUnreal...ngTextures.htm

just make them in paint or elsewhere, save as tga, import and they are ready to use. Dont ask me how you will put them onto the wall though
    Just do it the same way he shows there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did try to found out how to do that but after searching in epic forums, I found nothing
    The only way I see it is to write what I want in Paint, import the BMP in the Editor and try to work with different textures for the visual ? Am I right ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You could easily just make your own material, i believe the "My Package" Is the one that refers back to the level itself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THX for these

I have a question :

How can I add some letters/numbers painted on the wall ???

My goal is to write the name of the map on the wall. I intent to put that in my future map

THX in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New Static Meshes added to the pack!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're very welcome. When i find the time i'll add some different colors, and perhaps textures of the alphabet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X