WAR-ArchaicBluffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Review

When I first looked at this map, I thought, "whoa, this is bright, I should download it". I did end up trying it out and thought the layout was pretty neat. I like the structure of this map, as well as the size, and where all the nodes are placed.

However, ArchaicBluffs became an eyesore. Why? The entire map is over saturated with colour. I know you were trying to create a bright, lively world, but this was simply too much.

The colours are oversaturated and the minimap is absolutely awful. The green background of the minimap makes it near-impossible to see icons while playing, which completely voids the purpose of using it.

I like the ideas put into this map; the bamboo walls, the rivers, but the colours should be toned down a bit. There is too much bloom, and the minimap simply does not get the job done. The minimap should have a dark green colour, so the icons contrast nicely with the rest of it.

This map has amazing potential, but it is just these few things that make gameplay unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Squiggles View Post
      I really don't know what to do about the problems on detail setting 1 I'm afraid
      its the speedtrees. Low detail settings remove all the foliage from them. I ran into the same problem with WAR-Infection Forest where I used tons of speedtrees. Solution: swap them out with static mesh trees.

for your invisible wall or blocking volume problem it sounds like what you have is an invisible collision hull. This is usually caused by bsp brushes intersecting at odd angles or odd grid placements. It could also be some kind of volume is intersecting with bsp at odd angles or odd grid placements. Process of elimination will fix this, start removing bsp and volumes in the area where the problem is one at a time until you find the one causing the problem. Its a tedious chore sometimes.

Comment

Kuldeep; I'll try to get those things sorted, almost finished my exams now. PS what version were you playing, MSU or this one?

Sanch3z; Thank you very much, that is very useful information
        If it wouldn't be too much trouble, think you could PM me how to turn them into SM trees?

Comment

its not possible, as far as I know, to convert speedtrees to SM. The only choice you have is to use trees that are in the stock game packages or if you can get your hands on some custom tree meshes. Speedtrees look better than the stock SM trees but then you have the low detail issue. Its a horse apiece

Comment

One specific area of invisible blockage is above the wall at the prime node, you cannot shoot over the wall with the tank or avril. The shells and rockets hit the invisible wall above the the visible one and explode.

There are many places on the map where things take up more space than they should. You see the visible stuff, but then there are invisible stuff around or above it. That you run into.

Comment

Could you make a wallper from the second screenshot?

P.s - Sorry for my English xd

Comment

Um, here's a download link for that picture in the highest resolution I can get it (1440x900)
                http://www.mediafire.com/?fdcqmnmtmnz

Is it ok?

Comment

Hell yeah ! thank you man! ;]

Comment

I'm pretty sure I was playing this one. I don't know what you entered in the MSU, lol.

Comment

Pre-post disclaimer - all comments are based on, usually, a single match on your map. I've been playing a few maps a night this week, and posting my brief comments for every one of those maps.

WAR-ArchaicBluffs

Needs 10 players per side, it's a big map Could be even better with a few clipping fixes and DOF changed to start further away. Also, can you add a post-processing transition when exiting the mine.

Looks great, good to see colourful UT3 maps

Comment

Working...
                      X