have fun
    Screenshot:

Credits:
    t8z5h3
    Homepage:
    http://hosted.filefront.com/t8z5h3
    Download:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Fortra.../fileinfo.html

just a thought here, but you should really try to cover up that bsp with some static meshes. it would really make your map pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Neocane View Post
      just a thought here, but you should really try to cover up that bsp with some static meshes. it would really make your map pop!
      i try and maximize fps and other performance elements.

Comment

Originally posted by t8z5h3 View Post
        Yes thats all good and well but most of us don't need 500+ FPS. Like Neocane suggested trim it up with some static meshes and look to put some sort of decent lighting system in there and perhaps replace them stairs with lifts or kickers. Better still perhaps you should have put this level up in the beta section for some useful tips and suggestions, most people are friendly and quite eager to help.

Comment

Its his map and his choice, but yes, at least add some trims and change a few of the materials, the stone s a bit dull.

Comment

Such complicated CSG brushes like those stairs are rendered slower as CSG than if you did it as static meshes.

Comment

Don't have the time nowadays to get fit at the gym, all them stairs, takes it's toll on OLD legs....MAN!!! where's my Zimmer Frame..WHIZZZZZZZZ

Nice and playable though...

Swifty

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftyOne View Post
                Don't have the time nowadays to get fit at the gym, all them stairs, takes it's toll on OLD legs....MAN!!! where's my Zimmer Frame..WHIZZZZZZZZ

Nice and playable though...

Swifty
                thanks, also i can never find the mother load of inculcated material or static mushes, what directory are they in?

Comment

that was a faster map then my last one being a map know as dm_space map pack that was a 20 min+ render on my system

Comment

thanks, also i can never find the mother load of inculcated material or static mushes, what directory are they in?
                    you can easily find the answer to this question and many others in the BETA section. most folks will be more than willing to assist you on your road to becoming a better mapper!

Comment

hey

its a start t8z5h3, you have the basics but we all recommend you throw some extra art assets in that fun ol map o urs! Static meshes are your friend oh and for such a small map it would be very helpful for you to just dump as many as you can in this map but not so many to the fact that you cant walk with ease around your project. The editor has beautiful 3d props to decide from, open up one of those packages and see what you have to choose from and you will be suprised on what a creative builder like you would be able to cook up for all of us fraggers! Keep building and congratulations on this release but practice practice practice! never forget, we are here to encourage you, and help you, let you know whats needed and all. . . . .

Comment

thanks all

Comment

Working...
                        X