VCTF-TrainCrossing[PC][PS3][Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    hi awesome map the moving vehicles are great, just 2 things, i found the a 1 bot stood behind each of the flag rooms in those little doorways wth the back alleyway, red one was behind red flag room etc. and also i was bored whilst crossing on the barge so i used flack cannon secondary on team-mate with friendly fire off and he ended up being in the air, just hovering. second shot moved him and third shot made him disappear (no hi didnt die), may have gone into one of the crates. other than that awesomest vctf map ever

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Download working, don't know why you got that...try again?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PS3 File Download Error

When I tried to download the PS3 file from FileFront - I received this error message: "Your download has failed. You have an invalid session set. Click here to try your download again." Could someone please check this out & see if they get the same error message. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Let's Play This Map on the PS3 with Live People..

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
    Played your map, sweet! I was running with the flag, lost, with a bunch of bots on my tail, when I ran into a dead end! Turned around to make my stand, and saw...Deemer! Effed them up, and WHOOP out of there and back to the river! Really a great map. Good luck in the contest!

Let's play this excellent looking map with other live people. Please either PM me or post to this thread a date & time that works for you. I'm free tonight, Sat. & Sun. all day & evening.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome map _N_!!! I'm one of the admins over at Hedsteem. We haven't had any problems with version mismatch. It was indeed fixed in the third patch.

It plays very good and the visuals are awesome. I haven't run into any bugs.

Good luck in the MSUC!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    woot. okay thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Played your map, sweet! I was running with the flag, lost, with a bunch of bots on my tail, when I ran into a dead end! Turned around to make my stand, and saw...Deemer! Effed them up, and WHOOP out of there and back to the river! Really a great map. Good luck in the contest!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
    Does the new one have a new name after the MSUC version? I just don't want a bunch of people getting mismatch errors because they have the MSUC version and the server has the new one.

Also, there's nowhere to read about it yet. We wanted to get the map pack put together and uploaded before we posted about it, so all the pieces were put together. I'll let you know.
    I think the name mismatch error has been resolved as of patch 1.3. I just tried playing VCTF-TrainCrossing on Hedsteem (they still have the old version) and there was no problem at all, it downloaded it into the cache just fine (and played fine) in spite of me having a different (updated) VCTF-TrainCrossing in my CustomMaps folder. I guess Epic fixed this with 1.3 .

This comes as relief given that (as you may know) renaming maps in UT3 is not as simple as in 2k4 because the level package now shares the same name as the map, so now if you want to change the map name, you need to change it when you save, reload, change it in the Level properties, change it in the .ini file (for the level preview screenshot too) all of which may require re-cooking the map too, which, of course requires retesting for any new random cooking errors that may have cropped up .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _N_ View Post
    Well, the turret is mostly designed as a counter for Cicada drops (i.e. players grappled onto the Cicada dropping onto the warehouse roof, grabbing the flag, and then grappling back onto the Cicada for the return trip) because Avrils can be countered by the flares. Overall, though, there's plenty of ways to deal with the turret. If you stick to the alleyways it won't be able to get a shot off on you and it also has huge bindspot on the side closest to the river.

Finally, there's an EMP right on the rooftop next to it, so you can head up to the roof, pick up the EMP and quickly drop it right next to the turret, instantly disabling it .
    Played around with the map a bit more and it seems it was more the annoyingly good at hitscan AI than the level I had a problem with. The turret is perfect the way it is. I still can't tell you how awesome this map is when everything comes together for an impromptu Boat/Train flag run

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tailsnake View Post
    Train and Boat runs are quite possibly the most epic things ever... great map, awesome vehicle balance my only real complaint is that the turret has a bit too much vantage for my liking. Other than that I could easily see this map becoming one of my favorite vCTF maps, great job.
    Well, the turret is mostly designed as a counter for Cicada drops (i.e. players grappled onto the Cicada dropping onto the warehouse roof, grabbing the flag, and then grappling back onto the Cicada for the return trip) because Avrils can be countered by the flares. Overall, though, there's plenty of ways to deal with the turret. If you stick to the alleyways it won't be able to get a shot off on you and it also has huge bindspot on the side closest to the river.

Finally, there's an EMP right on the rooftop next to it, so you can head up to the roof, pick up the EMP and quickly drop it right next to the turret, instantly disabling it .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does the new one have a new name after the MSUC version? I just don't want a bunch of people getting mismatch errors because they have the MSUC version and the server has the new one.

Also, there's nowhere to read about it yet. We wanted to get the map pack put together and uploaded before we posted about it, so all the pieces were put together. I'll let you know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WotPal View Post
    Great level - I love the concepts of the boat and train for transportation.
    Thanks for the PS3 cook - it works fine, and I really enjoyed playing this.
    Thanks for the info, I don't have a PS3 myself, but I'm glad to hear that it works alright on it .

Originally posted by chimpyeinler View Post
    I notice bots do tend to get stuck trying to jump on top of the garden fountain a bit too much.
    Yeah, I don't know what's up with this... it's a pretty trivial double-jump. In fact, I think it can even be made in a single-jump if you time it right. Foretunately, the bots eventually seem to get the hang of it (or give up on it altogether).

Originally posted by TheVoid34 View Post
    Hey, we're working on putting together a VCTF map party containing all the submissions for Phase 2 of the MSUC. We have the version you've uploaded for the contest. If there is a newer version available, please let me know, as we'd rather include the most up-to-date versions of maps. If you need any time, or help testing, or whatever, let me know that too!
    Oh, nice! Where can I read more about this map party? The download link at the end of my first post in this thread contains the fixed-up version. I would strongly recommend it over the MSU version as this latest version has a myriad of fixes, tweaks, and performance optimizations (the MSU version was quite choppy in a lot of places ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Train and Boat runs are quite possibly the most epic things ever... great map, awesome vehicle balance my only real complaint is that the turret has a bit too much vantage for my liking. Other than that I could easily see this map becoming one of my favorite vCTF maps, great job.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, we're working on putting together a VCTF map party containing all the submissions for Phase 2 of the MSUC. We have the version you've uploaded for the contest. If there is a newer version available, please let me know, as we'd rather include the most up-to-date versions of maps. If you need any time, or help testing, or whatever, let me know that too!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X