No announcement yet.

VCTF-TrainCrossing[PC][PS3][Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have occasional reports of the same thing happening in my map AnarchyHalls. Which is insane. It's like, the most plain boring small map out there, and it crashes a few people. I'm watching this thread just in case you happen across some sort of solution.

Might be different though. Mine crashed some people when they were in the map already and playing.

Comment

This is the craziest map I've ever seen! All of this possibilities to run away with flag... Incredible ideas- train and ship. Thank u for this map!

Comment

Kick-*** map! [Feeling inferior as a designer]

Comment

Awesome map.. the theme is very wel executed and the flow is great

Comment

_N_,

Thank you for making these maps that have a very different look and feel. I play on the ps3 and have only had the opportunity to play this in Instant Action. Hopefully, after I get some more people to try this one out with me, they will start downloading more custom maps.

Comment

Yeah this map is my favourite from all maps so far, it really allows for an interesting gameplay

some minor bugs:
              The map is quite bright, hurts the eyes in the begin.
              The jump pads near flag bases do not always reach they're targets, there's a chance you hit the roof before having a chance to land properly on it

Comment

This is a great map.. plz make more maps ^^

Comment

That's a really harsh water/sky horizon. A tiny bit of blurring or fog there (however people do it) could be nice without necessarily overturning the no-excessive-blur-or-postprocessing thing you have going (which I really like)

Of course, this being the full releases forum I am too late to say that I really like the look of the map and the concept. It seems like the sort of map that needs to be played with other people to be fully enjoyed, so I hope it gets downloaded a lot.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I'm glad people are generally enjoying my slightly different style of mapping. I can confirm that I'm working on another map for MSU phase 3 (VCTF) that, once again, will be a little different from the stock maps. Also, I found out just a few weeks back that TrainCrossing (version 1.0) made it to the top 10 finalists for phase 2. I'm glad the MSU judges enjoy it too (despite version 1.0 being a little rough around the edges ).

Originally posted by Beastenator
                    Yeah this map is my favourite from all maps so far, it really allows for an interesting gameplay

some minor bugs:
                    The map is quite bright, hurts the eyes in the begin.
                    The jump pads near flag bases do not always reach they're targets, there's a chance you hit the roof before having a chance to land properly on it
                    Ah yes, the jump-pads were tricky to tweak because they tend to be located in vary narrow places will little room for error. They're designed to boost you to the right spot if you don't "fight them" too much (i.e don't hold down any arrow keys during the jump). If you find yourself not often not making the jump, make sure you're hitting the side of the jump-pad that's farthest from the wall/ladder - it really helps.

You're not the first person to mention that the map is too bright for them. I've also noticed that screenshots taken by other people sometimes come out brighter than mine.

Screenshot taken by me:
                    http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9241/patioView.jpg

Screenshot taken by Beyond Unreal
                    http://www.beyondunreal.com/image_ga...pg&lock_date=1

Naturally, though, there's a variety of factors that influence how bright it is, including the brightness settings, the post-process settings, your monitor settings, perhaps even your video card settings. Naturally, I can't make the brightness perfect for all possible combination of settings out there, so I keep all of my settings totally on default and aim for that, it's about the best a mapper can do . The screenshots I took in my original post indicate what it should look like on default settings.

Originally posted by MamiyaOtaru View Post
                    That's a really harsh water/sky horizon. A tiny bit of blurring or fog there (however people do it) could be nice without necessarily overturning the no-excessive-blur-or-postprocessing thing you have going (which I really like)

Of course, this being the full releases forum I am too late to say that I really like the look of the map and the concept. It seems like the sort of map that needs to be played with other people to be fully enjoyed, so I hope it gets downloaded a lot.
                    Ah, if you're referring to the "harsh" horizon in the third screenshot, yeah, I thought so too. That screenshot was actually taken part-way through working on the version 1.1 update so it's slightly out of date. I actually solved it by adding a custom little fog-mesh way out on the horizon that makes the horizon a little less jarring and at the same time, doesn't cause the performance impact that adding a fog volume would have. Similarly, if you play version 1.1 you'll probably also notice that the water colour is slightly different than the screenshots too.

Well, if there's enough changes to be made, I may go ahead and release another update (version 1.2). I'm may hold off a while to gather some more feedback first though.

Comment

this is the best vctf if you ask me it even better then suspence

Comment

Best Custom v-CTF Map!!!

Comment

now pll neat too play it more and not only suspence

Comment

Originally Posted by N
                            I heard that sometimes happens to people who try to play UT3 with only 1GB of memory. How much RAM does you computer have?
                            That might be it! I only have one gig of ram. At some point i'll try adding another one and see what happens.

Comment

Download link broken. You'll have to fix it. I'm looking forward to play this map. Thanks

Comment

for the pc

http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7328

Comment

Working...
                                X